TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge

Parappa

http://www.bigben-interactive.co.uk/bigben-interactive-anounces-brand-new-isle-of-man-tt-races-video-game/

Please be good etc...

Bigben Interactive, French leading publisher, is proud to announce a partnership with the Isle of Man Government Department of Economic Development, to produce a brand new motorbike video game dedicated to one of the most famous and heroic racing event: the Isle of Man TT races.

The new TT Isle of Man video game is being developed by Kylotonn Games, a French racing games development studio already known for WRC 5, the 2015 official World Rally Championship video game, acclaimed by the gaming industry and Ping Award winner in the Best Console Game of the Year category.

Bigben Interactive and Kylotonn have already begun a programme to assess, record and digitally map the iconic 37¾ mile TT Mountain Course, which is run entirely on closed public roads. The TT Races is widely recognised as one of the world’s leading motorsport events and has run on the Isle of Man since 1907.

David Cretney MLC, the Department of Economic Development’s political representative for Tourism and Motorsport commented:

“The partnership between Bigben Interactive and the Isle of Man Government represents an opportunity not only to generate additional commercial income but also to increase the profile of the TT Races and broaden the event’s appeal to a wider, younger demographic working alongside a world class partner in the gaming world.”

“For several years now, our team works together with Kylotonn’s developers to create and offer the best depictions of some of the most spectacular racing events like the Isle of Man TT races or the World Rally Championship.”, says Benoît Clerc, Head of Software at Bigben Interactive. “By creating 1/1 the iconic 37¾ miles of the race, we already know that all the motorbike fans will feel the speed and the excitement of being part of the Isle of Man TT races” concludes Benoît Clerc.

TT Isle Of Man – Ride on the Edge, which will be released in 2017, will feature many of the leading teams and riders who will be recreated digitally to accurately represent their team liveries and bike manufacturers. The game will be available for latest generation consoles and PC.

Brilliant timing - I started a thread a few days ago asking for games in which I could ride around this course.

wev, WRC 5 was quite good, but not very challenging.  I have the Vita and PS4 versions.  I'm rubbish at racing games, but have still picked up nearly all the trophies except for the multi-player ones (only ever play single).  The graphics look nice, which is essential for a Manx TT game, of course.

There was a guy recently on the Ducati forum asking for donor bikes to record the exhaust notes for an up and coming video game, wonder if this is it? I did ask if it was Driveclub Bikes VR but he mentioned the whole Evo Studios thing so can only think it was for this.

• 1 year later...

Found a video of its IoM track. The guy had a problem with resolution drops during his recording, but it's quite impressive for an indie, I think.

(10:03!)

Watching that gives me a hankering for a modern 3DO The Need for Speed.

On 20/08/2017 at 04:29, Escaped said:

I loved Jester's first game, but GP Bikes is the benchmark now.

Well that's instantly recognisible from the menu, that's a piboso game like the recently released Kart Racing Pro

Which means you'll get surprisingly good physics, virtually no updates but superb modding support.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Haha the voiceover in that trailer is the most melodramatic, hyperbolic tripe I've ever heard "Thunder and Lightening between your bones!!!" 

It actually sounds like a spoof of over dramatic trailer voiceovers.

Laughable. :o

Edit: The actual game looks pretty great though... if you're into that sort of thing.

• 3 weeks later...

TT Superbikes was too mean at low speeds, but it otherwise threw you off for realistic reasons. In the video up there he hit a wall at an angle that would've dropped the bike and carried on, but then he did say he prefers its arcade handling, so maybe that's why.

I can't be doing with that guy, though. He always stretches a few minutes' worth of footage across lengthy shill-filled videos, leaving me searching with YouTube's preview. But then he wouldn't get exclusives if he didn't, so that's the price we have to pay for an early look. I'd like to see a comparison between the two handling modes next.