rllmuk

53 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

There definitely is a second trailer. I saw it with my own eyes, at Star Wars Celebration. 

Yeah, me too, but the woman from Lucas said that it wasn't going to be shown streamed or shown outside that room (although without specifying for how long).

You lucky buggers that have seen it should get together and act it out for the benefit of those of us that haven't been so lucky. Medium of dance actively encouraged.

• Upvote 3

The thing I took from it is it looks very different from a Star Wars movie which can only be a good thing, struck me as a science fiction version of the Pacific.

• Upvote 3

On 25 July 2016 at 15:38, Matt Defis said:

The thing I took from it is it looks very different from a Star Wars movie which can only be a good thing, struck me as a science fiction version of the Pacific.

Great!

It's like I always say, the best Star Wars film never made would be if they remade The Thin Red Line shot for shot, word for word, except with the Americans as Storm Troopers and the Japanese as Rebels.

Call me Disney!

7 hours ago, ZOK said:

Great!

It's like I always say, the best Star Wars film never made would be if they remade The Thin Red Line shot for shot, word for word, except with the Americans as Storm Troopers and the Japanese as Rebels.

Call me Disney!

For a brief moment I got confused and thought you meant the Thin Blue Line. Rowan Atkinson as a bumbling Jedi Master would be most upsetting.

• Upvote 2

How about a remake of Badlands, but instead of South Dakota it's Tattooine, with Rey as Holly and Finn as Kit. Two lonely, fucked up kids falling in love, and going on a killing spree. They would hide out with BB8 - but then get nervous and kill him. They would hide in caves and force choke Jawas. They would kiss - but then feel nothing. It would be beautiful but sad. Call me, Disney.

15 minutes ago, barkbat said:

Ever seen True Romance? It will be an emotionally confusing couple of hours for you.

Apart from nicking the score and the lovers on the run plot, I'd hardly call it a remake. 

14 hours ago, VN1X said:

Oof that first bit still looks a bit rough, almost looked like a pre-vis. Could do with a few more passes. 

These things are never final VFX. This is only the teaser for the trailer, remember. 

They have a whole day until the actual trailer comes out to finish off VFX. Trust me, you'll be laughing on the other side of your face this time tomorrow. 

• Upvote 2

It's a Disney Star Wars film. As if the finished film isn't going to have stellar effects...

• Upvote 3

The AT-ATs in that pre-trailer move wrong, they're too fluid.  They need to be jerkier to fit in with the stop motion of TESB.

I can't put my finger on it, but every time she speaks, she pulls me out of the moment a bit. Didn't happen with that samurai dude by the stormtroopers. Perhaps the lines they keep showing for her are a bit flat.

Anyway, this looks great. I like seeing ordinary looking streets in Nowhereville in the star wars universe, all you've seen to date is pretty iconic places.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, TehStu said:

I can't put my finger on it, but every time she speaks, she pulls me out of the moment a bit. Didn't happen with that samurai dude by the stormtroopers. Perhaps the lines they keep showing for her are a bit flat.

Anyway, this looks great. I like seeing ordinary looking streets in Nowhereville in the star wars universe, all you've seen to date is pretty iconic places.

I was wondering why I felt so underwhelmed by a Star wars trailer that has a lot of good things in it, Felicity Jones just doesn't convince me that she's a hardened rebel from those clips, looks like shes' been unimpressed with ther last few years of finishing school and is pouting a bit . Forrest Whittaker's Jamacian accent is  offputting  for me as well, I'm subconsiously thinking he's winking at the camera when he's not. Donnie Yen and  Wen Jiang looks awesome though and Diego Luna as Han Solo Lite seems okay.

I think it looks great, and I loved the shot of the Death Star blocking out the sun.  But that shot does leave me a bit worried that they are going to change the back story by blowing up the planet.  It's made clear in ANH that blowing up Alderaan is the first demonstration of the DS, so it stands to reason that it won't been seen firing in this.  Otherwise it's going to fuck up parts of ANH (Alderaan not where it should be, Obi-Wan would have felt it, etc).

I'll still be there Day 1'ish, but yeah, um :unsure:

I think it looks great, it very much gives off that Star Wars vibe and seems very in keeping with the style Episode 7 had. Makes me a lot less nervous about Han: The Early Years too.