PS4 Pro

labarte

7 hours ago, Jon said:

It's all ok guys because it's Sony. I know they stole this idea off MS, which makes them cool by proxy, but surely this won't happen, right? I mean, Sony are well know for their sensitive handling of customers, and their huge financial gain with the PS4 has really solidified that. What could go wrong? Well, nothing, if the audience they've already captured is anything to go by.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you abuse the neg system... Fire away, my pretties...

You have no idea how much of a prize wanker you look here. Try gaining some self awareness.

4 minutes ago, Stanley said:

You have no idea how much of a prize wanker you look here. Try gaining some self awareness.

I'm expecting them to re-release all their PS4 games in new more-expensive 4k^ editions with HDR support, if that helps.

^ But not actually 4k, for the reason that DocG states. Of course, if they actually could do 4k/60fps, or even 1080p/60fps I'd be in line to buy one with the excuse that my PS4 is now making strange buzzing noises. And a new TV.

2 hours ago, RubberJohnny said:

Well, downloadable games it might.

And while Jons stuck his neck out, I think the difference between this thread and the Microsoft one is interesting, that one was "makes sense for them" and this one is all "fuck off". I mean, that's probably down to people not actually thinking it made sense for Microsoft, but maybe enjoying having another stick to beat them with and this thread is there true feelings, but yeah, bit odd.

That's not how I interpreted the other topic on this. Everyone was pretty much against the idea, but could understand why Microsoft would be attracted to it. This thread is pretty much everyone against the idea, trying to understand why Sony is attracted to it!

Heavy Duty Rectangles.

The pixels are switched to thicker rectangles to support brighter colours without burning out and provide a more vivid picture.

4 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Thanks. So next year I need a new 4K HDR TV, a PS4K, a PSVR and an Xbox One point five. And I was only recently complaining about the price of a PC.

Better start saving now, when the announcement does arrive (maybe E3) it will divide opinion but I'll make a decision then.

I don't really have a problem with a PS4.5, any more than I have a problem with Apple releasing a new iPad every year. An upgraded, backwards-compaitble PS4 every three years doesn't sound too bad, it's not like you have to buy it. It'll be interesting to see how they announce it, though - Apple get away with it by being unbelievably secretive, and selling items almost immediately after their announcement. With this, everyone seems to know that Sony has a new PS4 on the way, so they'll have to unveil it at some point, which will presumably have a significant effect on PS4 sales until it actually comes out.

29 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Thanks. So next year I need a new 4K HDR TV, a PS4K, a PSVR and an Xbox One point five. And I was only recently complaining about the price of a PC.

I currently have Star Wars, on VHS :blink:, DVD (remastered with the theatrical versions of the original trilogy), on Blu Ray and also Blade Runner on dvd and the 5 Version Blu Ray Briefcase set. I think there's going to be a point only so much information my well over 40's eyes can appreciate.

Until my plasma TV keels over and dies, 4K can get to fuck 

On 31 March 2016 at 11:30 AM, MW_Jimmy said:

That's not how I interpreted the other topic on this. Everyone was pretty much against the idea, but could understand why Microsoft would be attracted to it. This thread is pretty much everyone against the idea, trying to understand why Sony is attracted to it!

Also Microsoft have doubled down on abstraction at the OS level this time around in order to more seamlessly support backwards and forwards compatibility. To the level of run apps on Xbox, Phone and PC, and run Xbox 360 backwards compatibility in a virtualisation/emulation layer. It was obviously on their roadmap.

I'm not sure the same could be said for Sony, though that might be because we don't get the same developer conferences describing their roadmap to all and sundry.

They've sold 20 million or more Xbox One's. MS aren't going to press the suicide button on that format early.

I suppose they might wait another 6 months after PS4.5 and release either something of the same power but cheaper or same price but slightly more powerful.

Then we can see if Sony do the same and we end up with shorter console lifecycles as MS and Sony fix themselves to a 2 or 3 year upgrade cycle. Yuk.

1 hour ago, rafaqat said:

So Phil Spencer has ruled out an Xbox 1.5. Thank fuck. Still no guarantee of an Xbox 2.0 appearing next year though.

I guess they'll wait and see how the PS4.5 sells.

What, when. Where?!

1 hour ago, rafaqat said:

So Phil Spencer has ruled out an Xbox 1.5. Thank fuck. Still no guarantee of an Xbox 2.0 appearing next year though.

I guess they'll wait and see how the PS4.5 sells.

What, when. Where?!

On 3/31/2016 at 3:00 AM, Boozy The Clown said:

They stated that the GPU is twice as powerful as standard PS4 and much faster. They did not say exactly how fast but that is was running at a higher clock speed while being much smaller than the original. 

We were also given a list of games that will be available at launch that will directly take advantage of the PS4K where the differences are and I will quote him "Significant."

I understand the criticisms but I really want one if the above is true.

Would gladly skip a phone upgrade for it.