PS4 Pro

labarte

I was thinking the splitter was needed.

e.g. The PS4 goes into the splitter and then splitter output to AVR and the VR box and VR box into the AVR. Then you just choose the input on the AVR depending on using the VR unit or not.

Some stories that using an SSD in PSpro does indeed result in much faster loading than with the regular PS4

http://gearnuke.com/first-ps4-pro-ssd-footage-shows-extremely-impressive-load-times-bloodborne/

Should be good if true. PSpro can make the second half of this generation a pleasure rather than an overstretched, juddering mess like with ps3/x360.

4 minutes ago, Pug said:

I was thinking the splitter was needed.

e.g. The PS4 goes into the splitter and then splitter output to AVR and the VR box and VR box into the AVR. Then you just choose the input on the AVR depending on using the VR unit or not.

5 minutes ago, bumgut said:

Some stories that using an SSD in PSpro does indeed result in much faster loading than with the regular PS4

http://gearnuke.com/first-ps4-pro-ssd-footage-shows-extremely-impressive-load-times-bloodborne/

Should be good if true. PSpro can make the second half of this generation a pleasure rather than an overstretched, juddering mess like with ps3/x360.

I've got a 500gb ssd sat there but im staying with the 2tb one, if you play online you're waiting for the others anyway, and modern installs chew up that space pretty fast.

I've just finished restoring data from my PS4 to my shiny new PS4 Pro with 960GB Crucial 550SSD and can confirm it flies thorugh the menus and games like Bloodborne load almost seamlessly. I had the SSD installed in my PS4 previously but it seems to be working even faster in the Pro - I wonder if it's the extra bandwidth of SATA3?

10 minutes ago, grungekid said:

Anyone remember when TVs had just 5 buttons? On, volume up, volume down, channel up and channel down? No, me neither....

No, the first few TVs I remember had an on/off dial that doubled for the volume knob and 1 switch/button for each channel you had tuned in (first two sets I recall had 6). A posher set might have 3 knobs for brightness, contrast and colour. All of this on the front of the TV so you had to walk over to it.

In terms of ports it was woeful with just 1 antenna coax in socket and that was it. I had to unplug the aueiral and plug in the vic20 whenever I wanted to play it. That was until the vic20 was relegated to my room and my black and white portable with an on off volume knob and manual tuning knob (no channel switch buttons at all).

I dunno you tell kids of today all that and they couldn't give two shits :D

The first remote control I recall was my Grandparents' black and white tv which had a "remote control" rented from Rumbelows. The remote control was in fact a wired rotary switch that allowed you to choose channels.. they had it screwed to window sill at back of room so you either walked to tv to change channel or you walked to the wired switch at back of room.

2 minutes ago, Clipper said:

No, the first few TVs I remember had an on/off dial that doubled for the volume knob and 1 switch/button for each channel you had tuned in (first two sets I recall had 6). A posher set might have 3 knobs for brightness, contrast and colour. All of this on the front of the TV so you had to walk over to it.

In terms of ports it was woeful with just 1 antenna coax in socket and that was it. I had to unplug the aueiral and plug in the vic20 whenever I wanted to play it. That was until the vic20 was relegated to my room and my black and white portable with an on off volume knob and manual tuning knob (no channel switch buttons at all).

I dunno you tell kids of today all that and they couldn't give two shits :D

2_into_1_RF_splitter.jpg

3 minutes ago, grungekid said:

Good lord. Looks like you'd get a nasty staph infection just looking at it. I mean seriously, why even bother?

because it was 1981 and so the only alternative was 3 channels of TV where there were only kids programs for about 2 hrs in the evening.

We sometimes got to stay up and watch Minder so it wasn't all bad

1 minute ago, grungekid said:

Does it run Netflix?

It flickered sometimes especially if you hadn't tuned it in 100% or if the antenna port had weakened due to excessive swapping of cables.

1 minute ago, grungekid said:

Thank God I was born 3 years later and had super mario bros and fuck hunt as my first ever games!

see the latter is why you are in the position you are in now... playing sexually explicit video games at a young age :P

the fact that your autocorrect selects "fuck" tells us even more ;)

Bloody youth of today with their autocorrect and their technologically advanced lifestyles. It was tippex and the technology was "futuristic" musical instruments sold to you by sex offenders when I was a lad.

EDIT - apologies to anyone wanting on topic conversation here I will stop now and drag it back on topic by saying that this is the same as it ever was with new improved hardware that seemingly has difficult to see improvements. Skyhawk on the Vic-20 came on tape with the 3k expanded version on one side and the 8k expanded version on the other. However for those investing in the meaty 8k ram pack it was an utter swizz as both versions were identical.. pah!

(I'm happy that my PSVR has slightly sharper visuals now on some games to be truly on topic)

Ok so... I have two cables that will do 4k/HDR/HDCP 2.2 from the PS4 direct to the TV. But when I run the PS4 via my AV receiver (a Yamaha RX-V373) in any combination, it's stuck at HDCP 1.4 telling me it can't do 4k or HDR. So it's looking like my AV receiver can't do/pass along HDCP 2.2 signals. I can't find any mention of it anywhere, just that it "supports HDCP". I don't know if this if something on Sony's side where it can't detect the TV on account of the AV receiver being in the chain, or if the AV receiver can't do 2.2. 

At the moment I've plugged it direct into the TV with sound going back out to the receiver via optical, which is stereo only. Then the AV receiver is upmixing this into surround. So I can't actually have true surround/4k/HDR at the moment, which sucks. Let's see what Sony say about it, if I have to buy a new amp I'll probably just make do for a while. Upmixed surround isn't the end of the world.

This plus FIRST light being broken hasn't exactly wowed me on the PS4 Pro. But I'm about to try some Uncharted 4, surely that can't fail to wow me right? I mean, it's already amazing, so surely the extra resolution and HDR will be awesome. I'm a big 1440p fan.

1 hour ago, Clipper said:

I think it is fitting that we should discuss one of the weakest first home computers in the thread of the most powerful console :P

So here is a vic-20 in fact it is my vic-20 and a game running on it.

No HDR, no hdmi, but Crazey Cavey gave me at least £1.99 worth of fun.

I'd show you the 32k switchable RAM pack but I doubt you are ready for it :D

IMG_1185cr.jpg

IMG_1188cr.jpg

Terrifyingly, I knew that was Crazy Cavey as I scrolled down the page. The day my dad came home with a Vic 20 and fired up Gorf is seared into my brain, it had 4 fucking levels people...4!!!

26 minutes ago, Moz said:

Ok so... I have two cables that will do 4k/HDR/HDCP 2.2 from the PS4 direct to the TV. But when I run the PS4 via my AV receiver (a Yamaha RX-V373) in any combination, it's stuck at HDCP 1.4 telling me it can't do 4k or HDR. So it's looking like my AV receiver can't do/pass along HDCP 2.2 signals. I can't find any mention of it anywhere, just that it "supports HDCP". I don't know if this if something on Sony's side where it can't detect the TV on account of the AV receiver being in the chain, or if the AV receiver can't do 2.2. 

At the moment I've plugged it direct into the TV with sound going back out to the receiver via optical, which is stereo only. Then the AV receiver is upmixing this into surround. So I can't actually have true surround/4k/HDR at the moment, which sucks. Let's see what Sony say about it, if I have to buy a new amp I'll probably just make do for a while. Upmixed surround isn't the end of the world.

I don't know for sure, but the HDMI 2.2 standard wasn't introduced until 2014/15 and your amp looks like it was released in 2012; so it probably can't handle 2.2 in that case. Can you use ARC via a second HDMI cable to return the lossless audio to your receiver?

1 hour ago, Uzi said:

My Pro is on the way. Now to just stay patient until Black Friday and keep an eye out for an amazing Samsung KS7000 deal

Err I read something yesterday about the KS7000. It says HDR is only available in movie mode which makes latency around 120ms. HDR apparently is not available in game mode which is more like 25ms give or take.

13 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

Err I read something yesterday about the KS7000. It says HDR is only available in movie mode which makes latency around 120ms. HDR apparently is not available in game mode which is more like 25ms give or take.

You read some incorrect information or you read about the KS7000 US model - the UK KS7000 is the US KS8000 model

http://uk.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ks8000

4k @ 60Hz + HDR  Input Lag

: 21.1 ms