Jump to content

PS4 Pro


labarte
 Share

Recommended Posts

For what it's worth, i'm selling a 4K TV that'll ill be sticking up in the classifieds, I went bigger.

 

Just in case anyone is chomping at the bit for a TV to go alongside one of these :)

 

I couldn't justify the £175 trade in deal for this one, I did it for the One S purely for the added 4K Blu Ray too but this wasn't as great of a deal

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, cassidy said:

Though i I now realise my amp is a smudge too old to consider 4K. So the Pro is now conntected directly and I've lost lossless audio whilst 4K gaming. But seeing as I gotta swap hdmi to use PSVR then I can live with it until I upgrade. 

 

Your TV probably has an HDMI socket with ARC written by it, plug your Pro directly into the TV and another HDMI cable from ARC on the TV to your Amplifier's HDMI input and you should get lossless audio back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Bonzai1888 said:

My current go to games all look stunning on 1080p on the pro...Battlefield 1 & Titanfall 2 and these were the titles I wanted the console for.

 

When the rain comes on when you are playing BF1 online and there are explosions, debris and mud everywhere it just looks so fucking good (and it wasn't bad to look at in the first place).

 

I even noticed something I hadn't payed attention to previously,  it was pissing down and the water was pouring of the awning outside a window...I stood there watching it for a wee bit....I then got blown up tae fuck wi a tank.

 

Another thing I was impressed with was the boost to Modern Warfare....first map I tried online was the bog....big improvement from the old console.

 

The three games I'll be playing for hundreds of hours... thanks for making me spend money.

 

x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Easiest way to know if it is worth getting a Pro or not is this...if you only play Destingy and only plan on playing Destingy...don't buy a pro.

 

(Unless they decide they are going to support it, obvs).

 

Doom support would be just magic, but that is pretty much unlikely I suppose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Martha said:

 

Your TV probably has an HDMI socket with ARC written by it, plug your Pro directly into the TV and another HDMI cable from ARC on the TV to your Amplifier's HDMI input and you should get lossless audio back.

 

 

Cheers sadly the TV only passes through 5.1 wont pass through lossless. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, SeanR said:

 

same telly as me.

 

"turn everything off"

 

sharp as all fuck mind. And they reckon it does HDR...

 

Shame I also have PSVR...

 

19 hours ago, Seanfl9 said:

it's a 2015 model. Samsung UE40JU6000 or something. It is a 4K UHD screen. I can't help but feel I need some serious tweaking with my picture. I don't suppose anyone is clued up with the Samsung 6000 series picture settings? 

 

I have a Samsung, have you enabled UHD from the tv menu?

 

on your tv, goto

 

menu>picture>picture options>hdmi uhd colour. Then switch on the hdmi port that your ps4 is attached to, you then need to turn the tv on then off. Hopefully, that should solve it. Assuming you have not already enabled uhd on that hdmi port before!

 

as for Hdr, as mentioned previous, the PSVR passthrough box is not HDR compatible. I would suggest you plug the Ps4 hdmi straight to the tv for now and remove psvr from the loop. You should then get 4k and hdr. 

 

Hope this helps.

 

Also, some helpful info at the bottom of this link in the Q&A on this paticular tv JU6000 it seems UHD is only available on hdmi 1

http://uk.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/ju6500/settings

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, after a day of trying to see the difference between my two PlayStation consoles. I'm now wiping the Pro and returning to the store. Utterly oblivious to the difference between the two on my particular TV. I think I'll take my 350 quid back! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Seanfl9 said:

Well, after a day of trying to see the difference between my two PlayStation consoles. I'm now wiping the Pro and returning to the store. Utterly oblivious to the difference between the two on my particular TV. I think I'll take my 350 quid back! 

 

Good luck doing that after you've used it for half a week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Uzi said:

Number of reasons. Distance from TV relative to screen size - quality of panel - sensitivity to aliasing etc

 

Content.

I've a 40 inch TV. I can't really tell the difference between badly encoded 720p and 1080p content from my usual viewing position.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, grungekid said:

I've got a bt home hub and I've been trying to play modern warfare. I've had a fair bit of jumping myself now that you mention it. Is there any way to switch from 5ghz to test?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
 

 

Dont know mate hoping someone can answer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 13/11/2016 at 04:40, Seanfl9 said:

it's a 2015 model. Samsung UE40JU6000 or something. It is a 4K UHD screen. I can't help but feel I need some serious tweaking with my picture. I don't suppose anyone is clued up with the Samsung 6000 series picture settings? 

 

i was recently at PAX Australia showcasing some of our games on the PlayStation booth. The staff had some issues during setup getting 4K to work on their pros until they realised that only one HDMI socket on the TV supported 4K AND HDR. My TV at home only supports 4K on ONE HDMI socket out of its 3. 

 

My suggestion would be to make sure you are plugged in directly to the TV and through the correct HDMI socket which supports 4K and HDR. Most manufacturers are cheap c**ts when it comes to this and only ever put in one decent HDMI lane and scrimp on the rest :(

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I swapped my PS4 and Wii U for one of these after I heard FFXV had 1080/60 mode (plus my PS4 keeps crashing!)

 

When I tried to run it through my Yamaha RX373 amp which supposedly supports 4k passthrough to my TV (samsung ue55ku6400), the PS4 said 4k wasn't supported. Hmm. Googling didn't turn up many results, though I did wonder if I have an older spec HDMI cable running between the amp and the TV. I'll have to muck about with it some more, but for now I've hooked it up directly to the TV with 4k/HDR switched on and audio feeding back out to my amp.

 

Anyway, I've only tried Last Of Us and Uncharted 4 but they look great, the added resolution does wonders for image quality. I wasn't sure if Last Of Us was switching to 4k or not when I locked the framerate to 30 (I assume so because I couldn't see another way to switch resolution) but there's no way I'd pick 4k over 60fps given the choice. HDR is a little harder to quantify but I got the impression the very bright/dark areas retained detail which might have been lost before. I could pick up textures in dim areas that might not have been easily visible before. When I played a section with a searchlight throwing dynamic lighting across the ground it looked brighter and more contrasty than usual. It could simply be my eyes playing tricks on me though. 

 

i've got a bunch of stuff including Infamous Last Light downloading which should be a good demo of HDR in action. I did a straight swap for the PS4 but if I'd gone out and bought it expecting to have my mind blown I'd probably be disappointed, especially if I'd spent the last however many years arguing with Xbox/PC owners about how framerate and resolution don't matter because the human eye can't detect movement etc. 

 

I do think iterative consoles are the right way to go however. You need to depreciate and eventually retire the older models without asking developers to start from scratch every ten years. There's no way around the fact that it's going to be more complicated, especially when the next PS comes out (PS4 ultra? Surely not PS5) or when the gen1 model is finally retired or excluded from running certain games. I think giving customers the option of 4k(ish)/30 or 1080/60 is the right way to go, rather than the myriad of options as you might find on PC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Moz said:

I swapped my PS4 and Wii U for one of these after I heard FFXV had 1080/60 mode (plus my PS4 keeps crashing!)

 

When I tried to run it through my Yamaha RX373 amp which supposedly supports 4k passthrough to my TV (samsung ue55ku6400), the PS4 said 4k wasn't supported. Hmm. Googling didn't turn up many results, though I did wonder if I have an older spec HDMI cable running between the amp and the TV. I'll have to muck about with it some more, but for now I've hooked it up directly to the TV with 4k/HDR switched on and audio feeding back out to my amp.

 

Anyway, I've only tried Last Of Us and Uncharted 4 but they look great, the added resolution does wonders for image quality. I wasn't sure if Last Of Us was switching to 4k or not when I locked the framerate to 30 (I assume so because I couldn't see another way to switch resolution) but there's no way I'd pick 4k over 60fps given the choice. HDR is a little harder to quantify but I got the impression the very bright/dark areas retained detail which might have been lost before. I could pick up textures in dim areas that might not have been easily visible before. When I played a section with a searchlight throwing dynamic lighting across the ground it looked brighter and more contrasty than usual. It could simply be my eyes playing tricks on me though. 

 

i've got a bunch of stuff including Infamous Last Light downloading which should be a good demo of HDR in action. I did a straight swap for the PS4 but if I'd gone out and bought it expecting to have my mind blown I'd probably be disappointed, especially if I'd spent the last however many years arguing with Xbox/PC owners about how framerate and resolution don't matter because the human eye can't detect movement etc

 

Infamous Last Light is a stellar showcase for HDR. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All this pro and 4k talk is making me want to upgrade and I keep looking at this:

 

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/2616801-leeco-announces-new-tvs-us-market.html#/topics/2616801?_k=6p0kx5

 

http://www.lemall.com/us/tv/leeco_umax85/index.html

 

Waiting for reviews to turn up in a few weeks. But although obviously a lot of money, 4 grand with the discount for 85' full HDR 10 and Dolby Vision and the rest is amazing. Sony or Samsung would be twice the price or more. Very very tempting...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.