rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
milko

World T20 Cricket

No they weren't meant to be one of the favourites. Where would you get that idea from? 

Think a few bowlers might be looking at rather short England careers after this. 230 to win, haha.

Two great games today. Root was fantastic. Got a bit iffy at the end but props to Ali for keeping his nerve.

India vs Pakistan tommorow as well. Feels like the WC is starting to kick into gear.

2 hours ago, feltmonkey said:

An astonishing chase from England.  Is this kind of thing going to become the norm?

Maybe, our bowling attack is pretty woeful, thankfully our batting is generally a lot better.

15 hours ago, Charliemouse said:

Maybe, our bowling attack is pretty woeful, thankfully our batting is generally a lot better.

This is T20. Bowlers are just there to make up the numbers. It's no longer a contest between bat and ball but bat v bat.

That said, T20 has taught bowlers to have lots of tricks in their bag.

As a Kiwi, I loved the win over the Aussies. TBF, I didn't think Australia bowled pretty well, almost all Kiwi batsmen got themselves out with stupid shots. Contrast that to the Aussie innings where Satner got Smith with an absolute doozy.

Honestly, I think Australia are being really stupid with their T20 team. They have the top ranked T20 batsman in the world (Aaron Finch) who was captain 2 months ago and they don't pick him. They put Agar up the order who's not really experienced at this level and then a keeper in Peter Neville coming in at 9. All keepers at T20 have to be more useful/destrcutive than that.

Congrats on the England win. Sounded like a massive achievement.

Can't wait for Afridi to finally retire and stop ruining the team with his idiocy and selfish bullshit. Yeah, he performed well with the bat against Bangladesh, on a flat track against a toothless attack. Promoted himself up in the order acting like a big shot again, and did sod all (AGAIN). Hafeez and Malik are the two form batsmen, Afridi sent himself purely for the sake of his own ego.

He is basically a cancer on the Pakistan team. He has ruined young spinners by making sure to bowl himself for 4 overs per game (and almost always when a wicket has just fallen), even when he's bowling shit, and then throws the other spinners to the wolves when the other team is in a good position and batting aggressively.

10-15 years ago, I loved watching Afridi play cricket. Now, I can't wait for him to f**k off. All his talk about how Misbah was the problem with the team for all these years, Misbah retires and suddenly the team is garbage and can't defend any total. Misbah carried the entire team in all three formats. Afridi can't even carry his own bat. He's a garbage leader, and inept as a captain and motivator. To Afridi, it's all about Afridi, and as long as his stats are alright, win/loss doesn't matter.

Kohli though, maaaaan, I love watching him bat.