Sign in to follow this  
deerokus

Men in Black Reboot: Chris Hemsworth/Tessa Thompson

18 hours ago, Misery Guts said:

Chris Hemsworth is talking very much like Thor in the trailer and it really takes me out of this. Couldn't he just have used his Australian accent? I know it's set in London but it's MIB: International. His character could be an aussie in this movie. It's really jarring hearing his Thor voice in this trailer and probably will be in the movie too.:blink:

I wasn't even sure what accent he's meant to have. It's all over the place.

Liam Neeson should be a good substitute for Tommy Lee Jones’s character, but according to that trailer, nope. Very few actors could make Will Smith not missed and Hemsworth isn’t one of them but even the original stars wouldn’t save that trailer from being all kinds of wrong.

9 hours ago, Spiceymike said:

Is it intended to be a reboot or a MIB spinoff? Considering Emma Thompson was the head in the third film which is leading to the confusion.

The New York MIB headquarters is in it (with Emma Thompson), and there's a shot of a pair of paintings that look like they're based off what happened in the first film (and the third one?) so it looks like a spinoff set in the same universe but with different main characters.

• Upvote 1

The thing that made the original work was the double act of Smith and Jones. Everything was in support of that.

This looks like it's trying to be more a out the lore and the universe - no one cares about that!