New Nintendo Direct Announced

Jimmy Shedders

Huh, Nintendo are breaking their "no subtitles, everything must be dubbed" localisation policy. That's unusual. 

I reckon it's because that game is based on super obscure cultural references, and won't sell and they want to keep costs down. The GAF thread says stuff like attacks are based on specific pop songs or "advert this one pop star did once" rather than anything to do with Persona or Fire Emblem.

2 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

Huh, Nintendo are breaking their "no subtitles, everything must be dubbed" localisation policy. That's unusual. 

Am I missing something? Almost none of Nintendo's major franchises have been dubbed. Zelda, Mario, Pikmin, etc.

6 minutes ago, andy_h said:

True, but it doesn't exactly show that Nintendo are adverse to subtitling games either.

Er, it's literally their official policy. It's not something I'm making up.

Doing games with mute characters isn't the same as "don't change Japanese audio".

And haha, they're in full narrative control mode for Federation Force, "here's the devs, here's the games they worked on before, they're good games". "We could talk about why we made the game this way, and why we made Blast Ball, but maybe another time".

1 minute ago, RubberJohnny said:

I think I'm on a different stream from everyone else, haven't seen SNES stuff on the UK one.

UK one has had the snes stuff, 2 games a week for the next month, no further details after that though.