IGNORED

Stardew Valley

mogawoods

Played this for a few hours last night. It is wonderful! 

I'm still in my first spring and am currently saving up for a new backpack and a chicken coop but I've dabbled in fishing and delving into the caves. Hopefully co-op will be in soon :wub:

32 minutes ago, Fudge said:

Ann, does time pass whilst you're not playing? I've just kicked the Destiny habit of having to go online every day for time limited events and I'm remarkably less stressed about gaming than I used to be.

Nope, time only passes while you play. It's classic Harvest Moon time (sped up days, paused when not playing) rather than Animal Crossing real-life time.

19 minutes ago, Dynamo Nath said:

What happens in the multi player? Just trading and stuff? Or can you adventure together?

Not sure, I don't think the multiplayer's live yet? Co-op is coming, I believe. I'll have to investigate!

Also forget to mention - it's fully compatible with a 360 or Xbox One pad.

3 hours ago, ann coulter said:

Nope, time only passes while you play. It's classic Harvest Moon time (sped up days, paused when not playing) rather than Animal Crossing real-life time.

Thats a shame. I quite liked the idea of it using real world time, seasons and events like Christmas and Halloween. 

I still want to get it however, as I'm looking for a relaxing game to play.  Saying that, running a farm once you get established not to mention when combat is introduced may not be relaxing !

Currently playing Harvest Moon 64, best game in the series.

I was a but sceptical of Stardew Valley originally but I will have to pick it up in the next few days. It'll be interesting to see whether you can keep playing forever or not.   

42 minutes ago, Elseb said:

Currently playing Harvest Moon 64, best game in the series.

Did you play Harvest Moon: Magical Melody on Gamecube? I had to import it from the States, but that was my favourite of the HM games I've played by a fair margin. Stardew has a lot of aspects of MM that I really liked, so it's ticking a lot of boxes for me at the moment.

So not sure if anyone else is getting this but fishing seems to be insanely profitable. The minigame is easy enough and once you have a few levels in fishing I pretty much don't have to press the button for quite a few fish. On an iridium rod half way through spring...

Tip on upgrading the watering can. Best time to do it is either the day before the last day of the season (as long as you don't have corn that spans 2 seasons). Or the day before it rains. You can water in the morning, drop it off for the upgrade and the day after pick it up and water plants before the day ends (or in the case of season end, plant new ones and water them.

3679DE0C1850D0CC497D104D2BC4742366106707

Half a days fishing there, just seems daft compared to the returns on farming

Without seeing you play I can't pass comment, I find constant light tapping is the key. Also when the fish move up and down the scale I tend not to try and match them but go to where I think they are going to move, you can usually tell that based on the acceleration of the move they are making. Also I find fishing in the lake near the mine to be a better start place, went to the bridge repair area near the ocean and the definitely get more slippery there.