rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Dave White

Battlefield 1 - World War One

So the new Russian map called Lupkow Pass is available for Premium players - with the rest of the Russian themed maps arriving next month.

Has anyone else played the new map?  It's very good - but a total bloodbath at the moment until people get used to it!  Although that did mean some carnage and kills aplenty with my mortars during a round of conquest.

The main issue I have with these early access sessions is that everyone else is too bloody good!!  I've barely played any games over the summer but it's ridiculous how accurate some of these people are.

Yea a few of us have been playing it since it launched in the normal game and before that in the CTE. 

I was playing last night the new snow map that is on the CTE now :) 

I just found out several of the new maps are set during the Russian Civil War, so they'll be Reds vs Whites. Which is pretty interesting and what I hoped they'd go for. I'm struggling to think of a game that focused on this period of history apart from AGEOD's Revolution Under Siege. 

• Upvote 1

Quick question for you guys...

I bought this game from the PSN US Store but play it on my UK account.

If I purchase Premium from the US Store, can I use the Premium on my UK account?

I`m scared of dropping 40-50 quid on something that might not work!

1 hour ago, Wickedkitten said:

Wahey, Name of the Tsar DLC is out on the 19th, and the next update is FINALLY going to fucking include HDR support

Have you got the Premium Pass?  If so, it's out next Tuesday.

Looking forward to it - I've barely played any games over the summer, so I'll be back into it next week now there are new maps.  If anyone is on XBL and fancies a blast, let me know.  Though I'm out of practice! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Boothjan said:

Have you got the Premium Pass?  If so, it's out next Tuesday.

Looking forward to it - I've barely played any games over the summer, so I'll be back into it next week now there are new maps.  If anyone is on XBL and fancies a blast, let me know.  Though I'm out of practice! 

I do indeed have the premium pass, this is awesome news.

2 hours ago, Wickedkitten said:

Wahey, Name of the Tsar DLC is out on the 19th, and the next update is FINALLY going to fucking include HDR support

Will HDR apply to the base game or just the new expansion? - its not clear....  Im holding off on premium until it drops to £20

2 hours ago, Simmy said:

Quick question for you guys...

I bought this game from the PSN US Store but play it on my UK account.

If I purchase Premium from the US Store, can I use the Premium on my UK account?

I`m scared of dropping 40-50 quid on something that might not work!

Having a look at this, you can https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/92275/getting-premium-on-other-ps4-accounts

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, fattakin said:

Will HDR apply to the base game or just the new expansion? - its not clear....  Im holding off on premium until it drops to £20

Patches everything because it's in the game update

• Upvote 1

This balance update will be very interesting. Love my LMG:s but there are quite underpowered compared to other weapon types. Also the added range of the self loading medic rifles will be much appreciated.

I'm gonna give it a go on the CTE & see how it feels but my first impressions are that the close-range time-to-kill really did not need lowering. Who was clamouring for that? Is this because of some fucking YouTuber again?

On 9/4/2017 at 11:25, pinholestar said:

I'm gonna give it a go on the CTE & see how it feels but my first impressions are that the close-range time-to-kill really did not need lowering. Who was clamouring for that? Is this because of some fucking YouTuber again?

Agreed, nobody ever complained about TTK. Felt pretty much perfect. Also feels like you'll die at range much more often now too. 

First disappointment with the new map pack, Frontlines isn't supported on the new maps :(

Regarding Frontlines. They need to add Sudden Death after the timer runs out if the losing side are on an unbroken streak. Had a game yesterday where we'd conceded one M-Com but then pushed the enemy back 6 bases in a row, were about to arm our own M-Com when the time run out. The game should continue until the losing side get stopped at a point to give them a chance to claw it back.

2 hours ago, kerraig UK said:

Regarding Frontlines. They need to add Sudden Death after the timer runs out if the losing side are on an unbroken streak. Had a game yesterday where we'd conceded one M-Com but then pushed the enemy back 6 bases in a row, were about to arm our own M-Com when the time run out. The game should continue until the losing side get stopped at a point to give them a chance to claw it back.

Absolutely. Pretty much play exclusively on Frontlines and since they've changed to this points system it's completely fucked. Once the enemy has pushed you to your M-Coms there's almost no incentive to carry on as it's now very unlikely you'll push back in time to even the score. You can see people starting to drop out as you hit that point. I wish they'd revert back to how it was. If no ones detonated both M-Com's its a draw. The games used to feel much more epic. 

The HDR seems a mixed bag. Thought it looked stunning on Argonne Forest. Made some others (like Soissons and Rapture) look a bit washed out. 

Anyone fancies a game sometime I'm on PS4 - Links2K7.

It's basically gone back to BF4 rules. I'd love to explain the difference, but as I very quickly stopped playing conquest on BF1 due to it being horribly broken I don't really understand why it's different. I know that kills didn't count towards tickets on BF1 before today (not sure if they do now or not)

Basically, you don't now have to leave a game once your team has gone 100 tickets down, because it's actually possible to pull it back again now.

59 minutes ago, Jashin said:

That was always the case wasn't it? That and 1 point for every downed enemy.

As I understood it you scored tickets for each flag regardless of how many you held. So it was difficult to come back once a team got a lead as they only had to hold a couple of flags and see it out. Now you have to be holding a majority to get any points at all. 

4 minutes ago, Links said:

As I understood it you scored tickets for each flag regardless of how many you held. So it was difficult to come back once a team got a lead as they only had to hold a couple of flags and see it out. Now you have to be holding a majority to get any points at all. 

Correct, only thing i'm not sure on is if a kill counts as a ticket. It didn't before this latest rule change. I'll investigate tonight. 

Links, any time you see us on please jump on in.

• Upvote 1

I'm finding the new maps very open which suits my PTFO scout style but on first impressions I think I preferred the They Shall Not Pass maps. Overall I thought they had more character but still, some of these Russian ones look absolutely stunning. The one with the massive church in the middle gets hectic as fuck & has something of Operation Locker about it, but in a good way.

It's a shame this has dropped on exactly the same day as Destiny 2 but I hated the PvP in that in the beta, so this will remain my go-to game for multiplayer. When the mortars are dropping all around & the cavalry is thundering across no-man's land & you're face-down in the dirt with your squad desperately hanging on to a capture point there is nothing else that comes close.

The one with the temple doesn't work at all on Conquest (first impressions) but is great in Operations.

They all feel great to me. Some are very open, but still give routes through, they're just more funnelled. 

I agree the last map pack had exceptional maps, but these offer great variety and play very differently.