Battlefield 1 - World War One

Dave White

I've added myself to the PS4 Gamer Tag list.

I should probably warn you that while I am fully capable of playing the objective; I'm not good as a squad leader and I am on occasion prone to disorientation and panicking. I'm also terrible at small talk.

If that's not a problem, feel free to add me. :)

EDIT: Also, please put you're from RLLMUK if your name isn't on the Tag list. Just so I can discern you from the suspect random ones who ask for close friend status. Cheers.

Also. Just completed the campaign. Bloody fantastic. It's short, but deffo quality over quantity. Nearly every mission you can take how you want, whether it's stealth, all guns blazing, in vehicles, horseback. Properly good fun.

Ok so this is spectacular. I wasn't feeling it when I first played and I was getting slaughtered but I just had a marvelous round on the forest map with a decent squad and it is truly breathtaking. It's way more chaotic feeling than Battlefield 4 the devs have really tried to make it feel like a disgusting brutal war. The effects are incredible, I do worry that at times it seems to be less tactical than BF4 but time will tell I guess.

I've had a good first night with a squad of friends. I think we all thought it was more fun than some BF4 games we've had recently. I'm quite impressed with it so far.

I'll definitely be carrying on with the campaign too. There's some much needed brutality and darkness to it so far.

Not a bad effort at all, Dice.

7 hours ago, Pug said:

My copy arrived today, itching to play it but need to scratch the VR itch also.

Nice dilemma to have I guess.

Glad the Pro is soon as I'm having to delete stuff I still want to fit the new stuff on. Sony need to add external HDD support.

The PS4 doesn't support USB hard drives...really?!

1 hour ago, Pug said:

Really.

You can swap out the internal HDD, haven't looked into how you'd go about transferring data from old to new though.

You need your new internal drive, a 1GB USB stick to save a firmware file to and another USB hard drive to backup your system to. Then swap the old internal drive for the new one and restore from the backup. It does take a while though so you may need to set several hours aside for it.

Upgrade your PS4 Hard drive

Backing up your PS4

Got mine yesterday and played a few rounds with @Dave White focused on playing support and bugger me it's a bit good. So much shit going off all around you it can be a bit daunting at first. Brutal is best way to describe it. Really looking forward to sinking hours into it and refreshing to play a game on day one that isn't a broken mess online 

Hats off Dice you've done yourselves proud 

38 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Despatched by Boomerang rentals. Was hoping for RIGS but this will have to do. 

Will be on PS4 for a lot of the weekend so hopefully we'll get some games going (I'm not great at BF games and haven't played them much in the past). 

Ahhh now I know who I keep having to compete with on there for new games.....

Nah mine's turning up too :) Generally turns up the day after dispatch so hopefully be on tomorrow evening :) Possibly even all night.

My copy from Hitari (via Flubit) has just been dispatched.

Never bought from them before but they seem okay, I was reading their twitter feed last night to find out when it might be dispatched and there were a number of people asking (unsurprising).  One customer was quite rude which I guess is partly caused from all the early enlisters filling youtube with their gameplay and general word of mouth, not really fair on the retailer  (imo). 

14 hours ago, Dalvado said:

You need your new internal drive, a 1GB USB stick to save a firmware file to and another USB hard drive to backup your system to. Then swap the old internal drive for the new one and restore from the backup. It does take a while though so you may need to set several hours aside for it.

Upgrade your PS4 Hard drive

Backing up your PS4

Fantastic, thanks.

Gunna hang fire as I've a Pro preordered. I gather there is a method to transfer the data across via ethernet.