rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Dave White

Battlefield 1 - World War One

Thanks, that's great to know. BF4 is probably my favourite game ever now so the lure to play it 8 days early is strong, even if we do have a public beta to go yet!

On 11/08/2016 at 14:47, KriessG said:

Yea BF4 looks way worse on Bone but since I read the Bone is the lead console platform now that changes things.

I don't think its the lead platform as in "this is going to be the best version on console".

EA access kind of makes it easier to promote on xbone as it guarantees early play on that platform...and foolish for microsoft not to exploit that...stoopid sony.

25 minutes ago, Bonzai1888 said:

I don't think its the lead platform as in "this is going to be the best version on console".

Doesn't have to be the best, just not 'way worse'.

Assuming the Neo effect isn't in full swing for BF1's arrival.

Bit older vid but hadn't seen it. Interesting look at some of the previous (if not only) other WWI games.

My only gripe is that George pronounces Verdun as Verdune for some reason. 

Anyone else got the email asking to pick a preferred platform for the beta?

Looks like you only get one code, fuck - I wanted to try it on both like The Division!

Yep, about 40mins ago. PC all the way.

Maybe you can re-use the code on different platforms, I'm sure that's what I did for the division? I may be getting confused though. 

We can't really say yet, even though I've seen Xbox being quoted as the lead platform on consoles that could just be marketing and we don't know if it has Neo support or how it runs on the S Bone.

1 hour ago, Pug said:

Any info regarding which console performs better with this?

PC > PS4 > XB1. To be expected. Still looks great on all 3 though.

On 13/08/2016 at 19:29, bradigor said:

Gone for Xbox One, but code may be up for grabs depending on timing 

@bradigor +1 If you don't need it, I would love the code thank you. I'd make a small donation to the forum or charity of your choice if I could have it :) /cheeky

9 hours ago, KriessG said:

Cannot wait! Bring on the open beta on the 31st!!

Woah! There's a date? I missed this. I chose PS4 by the way...

Yep, that's the date... and if you sign up for Battlefield insider before the 21st EA have said there is a chance you'll get it earlier than the 31st.

• Upvote 1

My gardening leave at work runs Fri 26th through Sept 4th. Sometimes life just presents a gift.

4 hours ago, KriessG said:

Yep, that's the date... and if you sign up for Battlefield insider before the 21st EA have said there is a chance you'll get it earlier than the 31st.

Only 24 hours early access though.

Phenomenal stuff, before tonight I was all for TF2 over this but this just looks so much more frenetic. Will wait till I've played the TF2 technical test and the open beta for this but at the moment I'm leaning so much more towards this. 

35 minutes ago, KriessG said:

Just get both! They look like a great compliment to each other.

I will be at some point, along with the other AAA games this year, it's just a question of which to buy first as the other will follow a few months later ^^. At first it was TF2 because that's what I assumed more of my xbox friends would be playing but footage wise tonight BF1 blew it out of the water. Will have to play both myself though and then make a decision :)