IGNORED

Forza Motorsport 6 Apex for Windows 10

simms

I'm not upset, I'm just telling a pair of pathetic internet arseholes to fuck off. 

I'll probably get banned for this while the posters who make targeted personal attacks for no reason other than their own inadequacies are allowed to continue making such posts time after time.

Maybe you should spend a few minutes thinking about why you keep getting banned? I'm not a mod and I don't personally know any mods so you can't blame me for that. I do like the irony of complaining about other people's " inadequacies" when you go into every PS4 thread looking to start a fight about how terrible Sony are. 

Anyway, I'm quite excited to see if there's any other news from the conference. I always thought it was a bit weird that Microsoft publicly announced it but kept quiet about the embargo date. Why bother telling us that there was a press event thing last week when we can only hear about it via third parties today?

1 hour ago, Mike S said:

Well, who wouldn't be upset at the thought of PC owners playing their special games?

I dunno, mate. Who would chip in on the bottom of a thread nearly a fortnight later just to make a cheap repeat dig?

21 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

I dunno, mate. Who would chip in on the bottom of a thread nearly a fortnight later just to make a cheap repeat dig?

Well, 'mate', maybe someone who only saw the thread when it was bumped this morning?

As for a 'cheap, repeat dig' I hadn't realised that when Boozy tells me to ' fuck off' then that is actually the end of it and, as such, should not be replied to. Of course, I wouldn't have challenged Boozy's platform allegiance in the first place had I realised he was also suffering from such a profound persecution complex. Wouldn't want to tip him further over the edge...

Looking forward to see if F6 gets a makeover on the PC - more geometry, texture detail etc. Also if it will support legacy wheels too. Looks at my redundant wheel that won't work on the One... could be a winner for me.... 

4 hours ago, simms said:

Early leak.  Embargo from the Windows 10 event last week has been lifted today so more solid info should come later.

Last week’s daylong event in San Francisco, which fell outside the drumbeat of major video-gaming trade shows, was officially held to tout games coming this spring for Xbox and Windows.

Notably, all the titles Microsoft featured will have variants available on the PC.

Among them is “Forza Motorsport 6: Apex,” a version of the auto-racing franchise developed by Microsoft-owned Turn 10 Studios. “Apex,” a slimmed down version of its Xbox cousin, will be released free to users of Windows 10 this spring.

Racing games have long been used as showpieces of the amount of visual detail developers could pack into games running on new hardware and software. “Apex” is positioned as an effort to show off the gaming potential of Windows 10.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...w-video-games/

Bit odd that it's a slimmed down version but I'll take it.  More info should come out later today.

This bit is interesting "Notably, all the titles Microsoft featured will have variants available on the PC."

Wonder if we'll hear of other Xbox exclusives later

That kills any interest I had. Life is too short to figure out F2P business models.

Yeah, me too.  I'd rather pay for a full featured version than get a cut down compromise for free.  I'm probably just weird :D

It's an interesting move by MS though; I wonder if free, cut down versions of Xbox One games will drive PC gamers to buy the console?  I'm guessing no, but we shall see.

It's official 

Forza Motorsport 6 Apex: 63 Cars, 6 Locations, Forzavista, Drivatars. More on Modes

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex features trademark Forza innovations such as Drivatar™ opponents and a hand-picked selection of 63 fully functioning Forzavista™-enabled cars, each with working cockpits and full damage.

With bleeding edge race cars like the 2014 Audi #2 Audi Team Joest R18 e-tron quattro, modern masterpieces like the 2017 Ford GT, and classic American Muscle like the 1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am SD-455, the cars in Forza Motorsport 6: Apex represent the far-reaching diversity that is part of Forza’s DNA.

Players can race those cars on 20 exciting track configurations across six locations – Brands Hatch, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Rio de Janeiro, Sebring International Raceway, Top Gear and Yas Marina – including night and wet-weather variants.

http://news.xbox.com/2016/03/01/forz...to-windows-10/

New Showcase Tour, Objective System and Spotlight Series
Designed for players who are new to the Forza franchise, Forza Motorsport 6: Apex delivers a curated experience, featuring authentic wheel-to-wheel action, unique automotive content and constant rewards. The career mode is anchored by a new 12-event “Showcase Tour,” which introduces players to fascinating cars and unique automotive match-ups through a series of beautifully crafted and entertaining videos, narrated by automotive celebrities such as James May and Richard Hammond.

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex features a new objective and scoring system, which challenges the player to grow their skill and compare scores with their friends, and each event is a completely unique experience with unending replay value.

In addition, a new “Spotlight Series” will feature new Showcase-style events that will be updated on a regular basis. Whether you’re barreling around rainy Brands Hatch in your all-wheel-drive street weapon of choice or chasing down The Stig from “Top Gear” in cockpit view, there are always new and fun challenges to explore.

I think the key thing here is the underlying ecosystem, which I just posted about in the XB1 thread. Arguably, it's what we've said all along in the BC thread, and it looks like it's coming to fruition. It's a really interesting strategy, going forward.

Meanwhile, Forza 6 in 4k looks mind blowing, limitations of Apex aside.

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

No wheel support is so stupid I'm going to choose to not believe it till someone gives proof.

This Isn't Your Normal PC Racing Title For Normal PC Racers

Despite the fact that the game is on PC, it doesn't have traditional multiplayer – only asynchronous points leaderboards. Greenawalt says that this is by design. "This game is really focused towards the single-player experience. We wanted to curate to people very specific car, track, and experiential things they could really sink their teeth into." As such, the series' famous livery editor is also being left out.

Greenawalt says the strategy is to "bring in a new group of player that maybe doesn't think of themselves as a racing gamer." As such, another choice the developer has made with Apex is that it won't support racing wheels at launch. Instead, it will be added some unannounced time after launch for "the broad spectrum of wheels that PC racers already own...," according to Greenawalt.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/03/01/microsoft-announces-free-to-play-forza-motorsport-6-apex-for-pc.aspx

I should have added that the no wheel support is for the launch.

So it's seems bare bone port. Lol

Still looking at the positives it's a version Forza for free at 4K.  With DX12 it's running very well on a preview build albeit on a 980ti reports suggest.  I'm sure if will become more fleshed out in time with updates or paid for content.  The future is pointing to Xbone and Win10 being one of the same so this is just the start.

IT'S FREE

You really can't expect it to have feature parity with F6 when it is free. If you expect anything else you need your head looking at. It's not being released for the sim nuts, you can clearly see that

1: It's a wee test to see the interest in Forza on PC (I bet you if it is popular, F7 will be released on Xbox One and PC at the same time).

2: It's to try and pull in new players that have not tried any Forza.

3: It's another title to show of DX 12/Xbox starting to converge as a platform.

Personally I can't wait. I love forza but rarely get time to sink my teeth into the campaign these days, so I I'm looking forward to some quick time trialling score em ups.

I'm actually jealous of what it does have over FM6 in terms of the focus on rivals events, particularly as T10 have seemingly forgotten to support this mode since launch due to the guy who organised the monthly rivals leaving and his duties being passed on to someone with less time or enthusiasm. Rivals is like crack when you get a good combo and some good competition.

26 minutes ago, King A said:

IT'S FREE

You really can't expect it to have feature parity with F6 when it is free. If you expect anything else you need your head looking at. It's not being released for the sim nuts, you can clearly see that

1: It's a wee test to see the interest in Forza on PC (I bet you if it is popular, F7 will be released on Xbox One and PC at the same time).

Personally I can't wait. I love forza but rarely get time to sink my teeth into the campaign these days, so I I'm looking forward to some quick time trialling score em ups.

You missed out on "drive gamers to the windows store".

But hey, free to play  4k 60fps racing games with console production values are two a penny on the PC.

1 hour ago, King A said:

IT'S FREE

100% agree. Fantastic moves by MS also this:-

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-03-01-it-sounds-like-xbox-one-will-get-hardware-upgrades#comment-5981409

Looks like a great idea to me.... One platform to run all your games in the end. Like the strategy and acutally Phil Spencer seems a top guy who has his head in tune with what people want....

4 hours ago, King A said:

IT'S FREE

Feature parity no. But not supporting a wheel for a sim game on PC would be akin to releasing a digital controls only sim game on console.  It's got to draw eyes from Project CARS, Asetto Corsa, Game Stockcar, rFactor, RaceRoom, iRacing just off the top of my head and every single one of those will appeal to the same people all of whom own wheels.

Limited content in what is essentially a demo of Forza 7 is absolutely fine. 

1 - It now won't guage the interest because the target market (Sim racers who don't own consoles) simply won't play a game that doesn't support a wheel.

2 - Who will ignore it as an "Arcade game", because it doesn't support wheels.

3 - Where one side is considerably more equal than the other.

The simple fact is, anyone who is going to care about this on PC, owns a wheel and will want to use it.  Limited content is fine but without wheel support it's going to be considered somewhere around "Need for Speed".

34 minutes ago, Dudley said:

The simple fact is, anyone who is going to care about this on PC, owns a wheel and will want to use it. 

Want to provide a source there? I don't own a wheel, can't wait for this on PC, and will be playing with an Xbox pad. Just as I do on pCars.

I think you seem to be under the illusion that everyone on the PC who plays driving games only wants hardcore sims that use wheels and nothing else, when in fact it's just a small (but dedicated) community.