Colony - Basically Half Life 2 The TV Show

I think that season 2 was better than season one, and had some interesting reveals (not just in the finale).

Spoiler

The mystery signal from decades ago, the fact that the aliens had plenty of human collaborators paving the way *before* the actual invasion, and of course the finale's AI/android plus "moderate vs hardline" reveals.

I hope they finally tell us in season 3 why the aliens are here, though, and just WTF is going on at the "Factory".

My gf started watching this several months ago after asking me if I wanted to watch it with her, season 1 had already passed and I had seen nobody even mention it here so presumed it wasn't very good. Grates on me when I'm listening to it in the background, a pet peeve of drama shows for me is when a show is afraid to have long stretches of drama with no music. There seems to be constant bkg music in this show, seems a bit hammy. Now though it seems to be picking up attention, perhaps I should give it a go. Make it something I watch whilst doing something more important.

• 1 month later...

Enjoyed the first season,  will definitely be watching the second once it comes to netflix. 

My main issues with s1:

Spoiler

I really don't like the actress playing his wife. She seems such a miserable cow in everything I've seen her in. Which, to be fair, is this and walking dead, two shows set in worlds that aren't exactly brimming with laughs. Similarly,  I don't like the son. 

The sub plot about the sister. So boring and inconsequential. There was literally no point to it and it could have been totally removed from the show with no consequences other than in the last episode. 

Carl Weathers leaving. He was the best thing in it. 

• 3 months later...
On 14/05/2017 at 23:47, Doctor Shark said:

Enjoyed the first season,  will definitely be watching the second once it comes to netflix. 

My main issues with s1:

Reveal hidden contents

I really don't like the actress playing his wife. She seems such a miserable cow in everything I've seen her in. Which, to be fair, is this and walking dead, two shows set in worlds that aren't exactly brimming with laughs. Similarly,  I don't like the son. 

The sub plot about the sister. So boring and inconsequential. There was literally no point to it and it could have been totally removed from the show with no consequences other than in the last episode. 

Carl Weathers leaving. He was the best thing in it. 

You're going to hate the next season.

This needs a lot more love on here, it's brilliant.  It's got a fair amount of nuance for what looks like on the surface should be a shlocky action series; neither the resistance nor the collaborators are painted as purely good or evil, and the characters' development is actually really well done. 

Also Alan Snyder is clearly the show's real protagonist.

Propaganda.jpg

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I'd completely forgotten about the third season of this, so have just finished it, and have also just found out it was cancelled. I'm gutted, it was such a good show, even if the Outlier stuff towards the end was a bit silly.

Spoiler

Alan Snyder will remain one of TV's greatest baddies of all time. I love how much he leans into it in season 3 and is practically cackling "I love being evil!" for most of it

Hardly anyone on here seemed to watch it, would thoroughly recommend it if you want a bit of sci-fi dystopian thriller action. And as per the thread title it's very obviously Half Life 2-inspired

Yeah, I’m still peeved about this being cancelled. It had a pretty unique feel to it. Especially galling when utter tosh like Smallville and Supernatural get into double figures with their number of seasons.