FMTL Season 2 - Team Picks Thread

Come with me.

Come on a journey through the imaginarium of your mind. Smell the potential of a new FMTL season ahead of you and all the delights it will bring. Delights such as...

• Carving open your opponent's defence with the incisive passing dictated to your pixelated players by the greatest tactical mastermind ever to grace the sport!
  • Wheeling and dealing to secure the world-class Inside Forward for a paltry amount that essentially amounts to pennies. Pennies!
  • Spending those perk points on a hitman to royally fuck over that other cunt's star forward, because FUUUUUUUCK YOOOOUUUU OTHER MANAGER!

All in your quest to usurp Season 1 Champion Keith's Dad and claim your rightful place as KING OF FOOTBALL MANAGER.

But for this, you will need a team. A collection of hardened athletes. A gang of world class football heroes. So step up and pick your weapon.

Team rating are decided by SoFifa.com and are found here.

Here is the picking order and your rating limit.

Tomox - 83 - Man City

Mardigan - 83 - PSG

Manic - 82 - Juventus

Dark Soldier - 81 - Manchester United

Gooner4Life - 81 - Dortmund

Bennette - 80 - Roma

Joffy - 80 - Spurs

Pants - 77 - Stoke

Mitchell - 77 - Fiorentina

Keith's Dad - 76 -

As always, you may PM me with choices before your turn.

Imagine you spent the 1st half of the FMTL season struggling, especially in midfield. You have Yaya Toure but can't get the best out of him because you are asking him to play with less freedom than he deserves. Results aren't great and the fans are starting to get on your back. However, the chairman has faith in you. He has seen flashes of genius in your tactics and knows the players all want to work for you. So he gives you enough to bring in a midfielder, a top quality midfielder. A midfielder so powerful that he can pass like Beckham, dribble like Zidane, tackle like Graeme Souness and is as handsome as Scott Eastwood. Adrien Silva mate. Adrien fucking Silva.

You have no idea why nobody else went for him but he is yours. The starting 11 now looks amazing, the midfield a force to be reckoned with. Your 2nd half of the season is going to be great. You are going to win the fucking league. Adrien Silva is going to win you the fucking league!

The transfer window closes and you take a few days to get your first game played. It's been a busy festive period so you are still getting your shit back together. Work is busy, the missus already wants to book a summer holiday, but you have the FMTL to keep you going. Results don't seem to be going as you planned. You are still showing flashes of great play but just can't see out a result. A couple of defeats and some score draws later you have one game left. 2nd bottom of the league. Shite!

You take a look at your squad for the last game, something is missing. You feel a bit sick. Like you have just been punched in the stomach. Where is Adrien Silva?! He was going to change things. He was going to let Toure roam free. He looks like Scott Eastwood..... you forgot to put him in your squad. You played the entire 2nd half of the FMTL season having completely forgot that you signed one of the best midfielders in the world. You are a wanker!

So yes Goober, my team pick is an 83. The above story is grounds to have me banned from ever playing in the FMTL again but Pants has taken pity on me and I welcome it. And I bet you can guess who my first signing is NOT going to be!!

Imagine you spent the 1st half of the FMTL season struggling, especially in midfield. You have Yaya Toure but can't get the best out of him because you are asking him to play with less freedom than he deserves. Results aren't great and the fans are starting to get on your back. However, the chairman has faith in you. He has seen flashes of genius in your tactics and knows the players all want to work for you. So he gives you enough to bring in a midfielder, a top quality midfielder. A midfielder so powerful that he can pass like Beckham, dribble like Zidane, tackle like Graeme Souness and is as handsome as Scott Eastwood. Adrien Silva mate. Adrien fucking Silva.

You have no idea why nobody else went for him but he is yours. The starting 11 now looks amazing, the midfield a force to be reckoned with. Your 2nd half of the season is going to be great. You are going to win the fucking league. Adrien Silva is going to win you the fucking league!

The transfer window closes and you take a few days to get your first game played. It's been a busy festive period so you are still getting your shit back together. Work is busy, the missus already wants to book a summer holiday, but you have the FMTL to keep you going. Results don't seem to be going as you planned. You are still showing flashes of great play but just can't see out a result. A couple of defeats and some score draws later you have one game left. 2nd bottom of the league. Shite!

You take a look at your squad for the last game, something is missing. You feel a bit sick. Like you have just been punched in the stomach. Where is Adrien Silva?! He was going to change things. He was going to let Toure roam free. He looks like Scott Eastwood..... you forgot to put him in your squad. You played the entire 2nd half of the FMTL season having completely forgot that you signed one of the best midfielders in the world. You are a wanker!

So yes Goober, my team pick is an 83. The above story is grounds to have me banned from ever playing in the FMTL again but Pants has taken pity on me and I welcome it. And I bet you can guess who my first signing is NOT going to be!!

That is FUCKING brilliant and now i'm all like Adrien who?

Shame mate, sorry to lose you.

If it clears up in the next couple of days, you're welcome back.

When will games be played etc? Is it an arrangement between players?

Just back from the job centre and got a ton of volunteer work coming up is all, but if its one match every few nights I can handle that :D

Also I'll take Man United!

When will games be played etc? Is it an arrangement between players?

Just back from the job centre and got a ton of volunteer work coming up is all, but if its one match every few nights I can handle that :D

Also I'll take Man United!

Yep! It takes about 30-40 mins to play a match and it's just literally a case of arranging a time in the thread.

Most posts go something like "I'm jumping on later, anyone about?".

KD was out for two whole weeks last season, Tomox played all his games despite moving house and I've got a crippling Ready Steady Cook addiction that involves not only watching every episode, but also making every dish they feature. So my spare time is very limited.

It's designed to be flexible for these reasons.

And welcome back - you made the right choice. ;)

Gooner has selected Dortmund.

Benette, over to you.