rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Nespresso

Mr. Robot - Amazon video

Yup we're back on track alright! Very strong start for the second season and already can't wait for the next episode. 

Also how did they do that Obama speech about fsociety? 

13 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Yup we're back on track alright. Very strong start for the second season and already can't wait for the next episode. 

Also how did they do that Obama speech about fsociety? 

It was clever, but most of it was a speech about something else, and then an impressionist will have added a couple of words in that broadly matched his mouth movements. 

The 'bad lip reading' videos are probably the closest to how it was done:

Read a good theory that people are already cottoning onto. Apparently

Elliot is either in prison or a psychiatric hospital . The layout of his bedroom, the types of chores he has to do. the basketball court, the meeting with Gideon, his strict and overbearing Mum, his mealtimes being set and with the same person, the wall phone he gets the call from Tyrell on and Elliot himself repeating I am in an illusion over and over again in his diary.

I really should wait until the whole season is up and binge on it like I did season 1. I hate the wait between weeks :(

• Upvote 2

'Binge'? You'd better believe that's a neg.

Struggled with the first episode of season 2, not sure I will carry on. I thought it worked perfectly as a 1 season series, the first 15 minutes of the new season is trying too hard to be too clever for me. I'll stick with it for a bit though, as season 1 was amazing.

• Upvote 1

I'm another one that hasn't really enjoyed the first two episodes.

I thought the "Bonsoir Elliott" was so hammy and obvious that I laughed, instead of feeling any tension.

• Upvote 1

Fuck me the second episode (which came out this week) was brilliant. Loved the adderall-fueled drug sequence and the "my system's hung" line along with that expression made me laugh out loud. It's still all a bit all over the place and I still don't really get what Portia Doubleday's character is up to (she sure is pretty though!) but other then that this has gone back from being so-so to must see as far as I'm concerned. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VN1X said:

Fuck me the second episode (which came out this week) was brilliant. Loved the adderall-fueled drug sequence and the "my system's hung" line along with that expression made me laugh out loud. It's still all a bit all over the place and I still don't really get what Portia Doubleday's character is up to (she sure is pretty!) but other then that this has gone back from being so-so to must see as far as I'm concerned. 

You neglected to mention the best sequence included the young Ms Streep :wub:

I still keep expecting Ray to start singing Reunited and am sad he doesn't :(

7 minutes ago, Scruff said:

You neglected to mention best best sequence included the young Ms Streep :wub:

Spoiler

Oh the masturbation scene is it? <_< 

Alright, so I'm about to go binge watch the first season with my boyfriend... well.. we'll watch the first episode then decide if we even want to binge watch it.  But it looks promising.

Just caught up with the first 3 eps of the second season and really enjoyed it, it's very mysterious, unsettling and trippy but in a quite unique way. Usually theses sort of things play out as obvious trips/delusions in odd worlds, but Elliot's is so rooted in reality it's hard to know what is real and what isn't anymore

Spoiler

Love the theory that he's in prison, only read after I'd watched and it fits perfectly 

What a pity. Second season is just boring me so far. It's not anywhere close to the first half of S1 and doesn't feel like it's going anywhere imo. I was looking forward to this a lot but I think I'm out.

• Upvote 1

I liked the 3rd episode. Was much more in the tone of the first half of series 1. Drugs, flights of fancy, surrealism, actual hackers again.

1 hour ago, Mentazm said:

actual hackers again.

Damn you! Thats was what it was missing! Ok so I have to watch the third episode now THANKS. ;)

Just got done watching episode 4 and though it was really really good. Loved the use of the soundtrack as well, especially during the chess scene. 

"I'm hacking the FBI"

:omg:

On 7/28/2016 at 08:20, VN1X said:

Just got done watching episode 4 and though it was really really good. Loved the use of the soundtrack as well, especially during the chess scene. 

Hide contents

"I'm hacking the FBI"

:omg:

When he said that, I thought of this:

Man, this show is amazing.  Rami Malek deserves an emmy.

Green Day! God, that was bugging me trying to recall what it was. Hopefully saved you from the pain.

But yeah, best episode of the season so far. The pause between seeing the mask and the logo sting at the start was absolutely joyous (for some unfathomable reason).

1 hour ago, Venice Cull said:

Green Day! God, that was bugging me trying to recall what it was. Hopefully saved you from the pain.

Oh yeaaaa the song was like a weird lullaby version of "Basket Case" by Green Day.  No wonder it sounded so familiar.

Did you notice in season one the piano instrumental of "Where is My Mind?" by the Pixies?

Finally got round to watching this and after 4 days have watched every episode. 

Fantastic series and cast. 

The intros before the Mr Robot graphic are mostly brilliant and features some cracking music. The Cure and Phil Collins have been standout moments for me. 

The incidental music is fantastic and very reminiscent of Trent Reznors sound track for The Social Network and a few Clint Mansell soundtracks too.

I love it!

13 minutes ago, BruceBruce said:

Oh yeaaaa the song was like a weird lullaby version of "Basket Case" by Green Day.  No wonder it sounded so familiar.

Did you notice in season one the piano instrumental of "Where is My Mind?" by the Pixies?

I actually found myself automatically singing along to it, i must have subconciously picked up on it as I  barely realised I was doing it.

I really struggled to get through this episode. I found it incredibly dull and the plot seems to be going around in a loop. Been drifting in and out of the last few episodes, there's no hook like the first half of S1 with the raids and drugs and anti-social ethos. I'll give it one more episode, but right now I feel I could be watching better stuff that I've got piled up.

• Upvote 1