https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_0gZFfqK3w

• 7 Game modes
  • 10 Maps
  • 24 Players
  • Free DLC
  • Local Splitscreen
  • Garden Ops is now Graveyard Ops with the roles reversed
  • Unlocked character variants will carry across from PVZ1

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 will feature a total of seven base plants and seven base zombies, each with their own unique abilities. Four will be returning from the first game, and three are brand new. Each character will have several variants that can be unlocked during gameplay with new weapons, models, and possibly new abilities and defense. The original Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare had a total of five character variants for each base character (more with DLC), but there's no information other than "Over 100 playable characters" for PvZ GW2 at this time.

Solo Ops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40lCBQ3VtZI

New Character Classes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9prN7WgpDY

Beta Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=717j8W144DU

Official Site : http://www.pvzgw2.com/

WHAT'S IN THE BETA

There is a ton of fun waiting for you in the Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 public access multiplayer beta, and every day will bring something new! Here's what you'll find when you get in-game:
Select access to Backyard Battleground
Backyard Battleground is an interactive environment that connects you to every map and mode, and brings to life more ways to experience the Plants vs. Zombies universe. As soon as the game starts, players will be immersed in a wild playground with dynamic events and tons to discover and do. In the beta version of Backyard Battleground players will have access to:
  • The King of the Hill-inspired mode, Flag of Power - Raise the Flag of Power and do everything you can to prevent the enemy from lowering it; igniting an all-out war where you’ll have to fight off wave after wave of enemies in a frantic, escalating battle.
  • Stats Room - Display all of your characters’ stats and achievements. There’s also a sticker book where you can get an overview of all the characters and accessories you’ve unlocked.
  • Quest Board - Visit the Quest Board for a list of dynamically updated challenges that will reward you for every completed event, and increase your XP multiplier.
Classic and Brand New Game Modes
In the Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 beta, you'll be able to participate in massive 24-player multiplayer matches on two huge new maps!
  • Herbal Assault - On the Moon Base Z map. Play as the plants on the attack in this all-new 24 player game mode.
  • Gardens & Graveyards - On the Seeds of Time map. Go classic with a zombie attack and plant defense, where the plants must defend the gardens and prevent the zombies from capturing them all.
More Maps and Modes
Along with the 24-player matches above, additional modes will be rotated in every day! Here's what you'll find:
Modes:
  • Team Vanquish
  • Vanquish Confirmed
  • Gnome Bomb
  • Suburbination
Maps:
  • Z-Tech Factory
  • Frosty Creek
New Character Classes
Characters are the heart of Garden Warfare 2. Each Character is designed to embrace a specific role on the battlefield with their own unique personality and abilities. Joining the existing characters from the original Garden Warfare are:
  • Kernel Corn - Leading the plant offensive as the primary assault class with dual cob busters and a high rate of fire.
  • Rose - An extremely powerful sorceress that can turn zombie foes into fully playable goats.
  • Citron - A time-travelling bounty hunter from the future - and also an orange.
  • Imp & Z-Mech - The smallest and most agile of the zombies that turns into a Z-Mech robo of mass destruction with missiles.
  • Super Brainz - The flashy, punchy-powerhouse superhero with exceptional hair and charismatic smile.
  • Captain Deadbeard - A crusty peg-legged captain with a trick weapon up his sleeve.

rendition1.img.jpg

Really looking forward to this - I put the first on last night for the first time in ages and was immediately engrossed and managed to unlock a couple of achievements and some new characters. I think this is going to put an end to Battlefront for me. Still need the crazy mode Garden Ops achievement if anybody fancies a bash.

The first one was hugely underplayed and underrated by those on my friends list.

I think everyone who has played it knows how visually impressive it is and is incredibly well balanced for a first attempt. Probably won't go for it on launch but I'll definitely pick it up at some point.

I'll give the beta a run then use up my EA access trial time and if it's still got the magic of the 1st one I'll probably put some money into EA's pocket.

PvZ GW is still the most fun shooter out there and the only PvP I actually enjoy.

Chalk me up as another who enjoyed the original. I loved the fact it wasn't a blink-and-you-die affair like most modern shooters; you have enough health to get out of most situations and enough time to try different things on the battle field. But at the same time was still tight and satisfying to play.

It's worth mentioning that your PvZ1 unlocks will carry over to the sequel :)

Day 1

If you're really keen, it's Day -5 for EA Access members. Might be worth grabbing a sub!

• Upvote 1

If you're really keen, it's Day -5 for EA Access members. Might be worth grabbing a sub!

I played this a lot more on PS4 but will be checking it out early via that, thanks for the heads up!

Can't wait. I loved p v z it's my biggest surprise ever, bought it on a pure whim and loved it. I might even skip the beta and wait for full launch just to ensure its amazing

Don't get too excited looking for the beta today if you're in the UK. It's supposed to go live at 9PM EST which works out as 2AM on the 15th UK time.

edit- I've read a supposedly official source is saying 6pm UK time now.

• Upvote 1

Just been playing the first one in anticipation. It's still so good. This has a lot to live up to.

17.2GB beta download on PSN means I will not be playing at 6pm, though.

It's taking some getting used to all this new stuff but I'm already liking the corn cob guy and the pirate and super hero zombies.

One thing that doesn't take much getting used to is the music. As good as it is, it's a bit lazy to use the exact same tunes as GW1.