rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
BruceBruce

Assassin's Creed Origins

@gooner4life It really is. I went back to Siwa last night to clear up a few of the side quests up in the mountains. I fast traveled to the dead tree that sticks out of the cliff above the lake just as the sun was setting and it looked unbelievable with the combination of 4K and HDR. Proper lovely stuff.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Max Damage said:

@U-1 Really enjoy your shots :slowclap:

Cheers... must admit I'm really enjoying "documenting" my journey.

It's without a doubt one of (if not) the best AC games to date.

1 hour ago, U-1 said:

Cheers... must admit I'm really enjoying "documenting" my journey.

It's without a doubt one of (if not) the best AC games to date.

Have you or anyone else for that matter been to the bottom(Desheret) region? It's worth checking out, I don't want to spoil things but go document that area at some point.

• Upvote 2

I was pleasantly surprised to find

Spoiler

techno ruins inside the great pyramid.

For some reason I didn't expect this game to have any of that stuff, which I loved in the earlier ones. Probably why I like AC3 more than most seem to. Anyway, to Memphis!

9 hours ago, Fargo said:

Once you reach the point of no return how many hours of playtime is there roughly? and is it possible to continue post credits? 

Quite a lot and definitely. After you finish the main story it puts you straight back into the game world and lets you carry on. It's not a point of no return either. Once you finish that particular sequence you go back into the game world to finish the rest of the main story

The point of no return is just a sequence of story missions that need to be played out in sequence,

Spoiler

because it doesn’t really make sense that you’d go off hunting in the middle of a couple of days of violent uprising.

Been playing on the Xbox One X since Christmas. Didn’t expect much but it has completely absorbed me.. like no other game since Zelda (wish it was on the switch!!).

as a game it’s really beautifully designed and a high point of the series. 

Only low point is the story is really poorly structured - and I have no real idea what’s going on. It’s completely disconnected. And Ubi really need to work on this. Doesnt effect the gameplay though so I’m fine with it here.

Gave up on this. Beautiful game but found the story fractured and didn’t get invested in any of the gameplay really. I do really think I’m done with the AC franchise now as haven’t finished any of the last offerings. 

11 hours ago, macosx said:

Gave up on this. Beautiful game but found the story fractured and didn’t get invested in any of the gameplay really. I do really think I’m done with the AC franchise now as haven’t finished any of the last offerings. 

I did not play AC London but Origins I am enjoying. Agree the story could be structured better.

My understanding so far below

Spoiler

Following the death of his son, Bayek went on an initial revenge mission then after meeting up with his wife & Cleopatra later learns of the power struggle for Egypt & all the members of the order that he is now tasked with assassinating.

I like how the side quests are structured that they almost take you to every ? On the map. There is a nice mixture of optional stuff like sunken ships, hunting zones, star stone puzzles & more.

I still think the pinacle of the series was the Ezio trilogy & Black Flag was great but so far Origins is on par with Black Flag for enjoyment.

@gospvg

the initial set up was so thin that I’d thought I’d missed whole chunks of it. Then 

Spoiler

After I’d killed the initial 5 suddenly there’s a whole new lot of baddies to kill and avenge my son . 

Overall I thought the Egypt setting was underused and there was a great opportunity to present the story and location and society in a new way rather than the fumble around a literal huge sandbox.

11 hours ago, macosx said:

Yeah, me too. Story is just really badly done and the side content is quite mediocre to keep the interest up. The world still remains a great draw for me but it's more about awe now than gameplay. I haven't bought an AC since Black Flag because, well, they were shit, so this felt quite fresh and nice. I will return and finish this at some point for sure.

• Upvote 2

Those damn phylakes. Finally took down a level 20 one (at level 22) but felt cheap a few times before getting the kill. Several times would get him down to his final segment of health, only for him to become unblockable. Was weird, parried without trouble up to that point but then just got decimated. Let out a terse, ‘fuck you’ when I got the kill a couple of goes later :lol:

Do like that some areas are almost no-go because of the levelling. Ran into a 40 phylake and he took me out in two hits. Also stumbled upon a military camp where, after scanning with Senu, everyone had red skulls instead of their level above them. Tried to assassinate one and he just rolled away and caved my skull in!

Damn beautiful game to wander around in. Similar to others not massively engaged with the story but been detached from that aspect of AC since bidding Ezio farewell. Enjoying it more as an atmospheric sandbox in which to escape into and in that respect it is delivering in spades.

7 hours ago, macosx said:

@gospvg

the initial set up was so thin that I’d thought I’d missed whole chunks of it. Then 

Hide contents

After I’d killed the initial 5 suddenly there’s a whole new lot of baddies to kill and avenge my son . 

Overall I thought the Egypt setting was underused and there was a great opportunity to present the story and location and society in a new way rather than the fumble around a literal huge sandbox.

Whoa. I actually think the Egypt setting is really well used, describing a time of flux that most of us (including me) have little to no knowledge of.

certainly in the later side quests (after the fake point of no return).

57 minutes ago, Gizamaluke said:

That damned four legged chocobo abomination is the stuff of nightmares.

Haha, I just did that quest yesterday. Didn't realise that stuff was in there so it all came as quite a shock.

The sword and shield are great!

I hate that one minute Bayek is questing to end the animal cruelty of the Romans, yet the next he is butchering 6000 crocodiles to make a quiver. Stupid game logic at its worst.

• Upvote 4

Who is Desmond? Are you real? What is reality? What happened 92 days ago?

I heard whispers in the isolated desert. This game has some weird shit going on underneath, do all the Assassin's creed games have this?

Really, who is Desmond?

21 minutes ago, Max Damage said:

Who is Desmond? Are you real? What is reality? What happened 92 days ago?

I heard whispers in the isolated desert. This game has some weird shit going on underneath, do all the Assassin's creed games have this?

Really, who is Desmond?

Desmond was the modern day protagonist in the first five AC games. He wore a hoodie and had Nolan North's voice. There's probably a recap on Youtube that explains the AC metaverse, but by this point in the series there's a LOT of weird stuff on the periphery.

Anyway, this game has without doubt the best open world I've ever experienced in a game. Even with the shrinking of distances you always get with open worlds it feels incredibly natural, the way the landscape blends from desert to town to lakeside to mountain should be an object lesson to anyone making one of these from now on. And I've still only seen about 1/3 of the map!

• Upvote 1

Great thanks, that explains who Desmond is then. The weird stuff I find enjoyable and it is hidden away so as not to over shadow the ancient Egyptian setting for me anyway.

I've already finished the game and have been distracted by Ghost recon: Wildlands but I'm back in this now. Exploring with the aim to get to level 40 for the upcoming DLC and I wanna finish those Phalakes off too. And yea I agree, the open world in this game is a joy to explore especially considering you can climb everything.

20180114203451.thumb.jpg.f5754f83bb256045bfa20cca5dda1e88.jpg

Another Phalake down, two to go. The Iron bulls corpse now sits on top of a pillar of rock.

• Upvote 4