rllmuk
Flub

Black Desert Online - PC MMO. Release March 3rd. B2P

Any development team that go to these lengths to "compensate" players - even for mixups, or poorly phrased info- deserves kudos IMO.

updated_again_again.PNG.b4474ca31612d9bbupdated_again.PNG.34323541704b50dc8bfe68

Heads up guys. Turns out that server maintenance window, originally 4 hours, has been extended to 6 hours.

So you won't be able to log in until about 2pm.

Server: Croxus

Channel: Velia

(Whisper Proto Vangelis for clan invite. Also, friend requests seem to not work unless the player is both online and in the same channel)

That maintenance is running away from them - extended another 2 hours. Game now goes live at 4pm GMT. Also, expect a client patch once they turn everything back on.

In the meantime, launch trailer hype.

1 minute ago, Strategos said:

I'm fighting temptation on this.... too much time needed, and its only a month till i get my rift and will be diving back into Elite.

Looks great though :(

Fuck elite. Get on the MMO train. CHOO CHOO

Wonder how crazy launch will be, doesn't feel like the hype has been that insane but you never know. Hopefully I'll get to play some this evening if the servers hold up.

The real party starts once they flip the switch to ON and the servers burst into flames.

Idiots shouting "COMPENSATION!" and "CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT" will flood their forums and all will be right within the world of MMO launches.

• Upvote 1

Got it. Thanks. :hat:

Now off to learn some warrior tricks. So many icons popping up everywhere, every quest giver seems to have four or five above their head.

Whisper Proto in-game and I should be able to clan invite those who need one without meeting you.

If not, see you in Velia harbour.

21 hours ago, Sie said:

Press N and add us to your friendslist (only works if they character is online I think)

If you want to a rllmuk clan invite, you'll have to meet me somewhere in game - my name is Proto Vangelis

Sounds good I will add you shortly. Anyone else can feel free to add me this evening, I will be on for a few hours :)

WTF I logged off for 15 minutes, started the game again, it patched and now I have no characters....

I don't have to save my character do I?

Edit - never mind, patching reset my region choice to US

Well got in and played a bit which is pretty much unheard of for an MMO launch, I guess the game is already up and running in Korea so they are sort of cheating but impressive nevertheless.

Seemed hella confusing, will sit down and give it a proper go once I get the little terror into bed.

7 minutes ago, koefoed said:

WTF I logged off for 15 minutes, started the game again, it patched and now I have no characters....

I don't have to save my character do I?

You probably connected to the wrong server

As its not entirely clear, here's how to whisper me for an invite. Firstly, don't use 1:1 chat that pops up when you click my name in your friendslist/

In-game, pres Enter and then type /w and press spacebar. Type Proto (my character name) in the second half (right side) of the chat dialogue box that appears. Press tab and then type what you want to say in the first half (left side) of the dialogue box.

Otherwise, you'll have to meet me somewhere in-game.

Also, if you have any issues using guild chat (or any UI issues at all like map not loading), typing /reloadui usually fixes it but right now, its fucked. Whispers still work though.

Seems the different chat channels are a bit unstable at the moment.

First impressions are quite nice. Lovely graphics and it runs really nice, smacked everything on max and got no problems even with +50 characters on screen. Very impressive, doesn't seem to be much lag either which is even more impressive.

Don't really like the amount of new skills you keep getting. Prefer getting new abilities every once in a while, learning them for a good couple of levels before getting new ones. Right now I have like 15 abilities that I have no clue whether I should spend points on them or not. It is a bit overwhelming.

Also find it a bit weird that your health regenerates at a VERY slow rate, so if you take damage you have to chug a potion or two in order to not have like 10 minutes of downtime. Or am I missing some health generating ability perhaps?