rllmuk
Flub

Black Desert Online - PC MMO. Release March 3rd. B2P

You were right Flub, it was the anti-cheat stuff that was messing it up. I turned off Riva Tuner and Afterburner and it worked. 

Ridiculous really as Riva is only info and statistics on screen (time, fps gpu load ect) and Afterburner is only GPU monitoring and tweaking software.

We're on Croxus, but any particular channel?

I just don't have a clue what I'm doing. :lol:  I read the beginner guide stuff, and I understand what it's all saying, but I just have no idea what any of it really means. Doesn't help that I'm distracted whilst playing, I might just leave it until the weekend when I actually have time to dedicate to it. Looks pretty though.

It's pretty weird at first and the crafting system needs an impressive amount of work from the player to organise and plan. I'd pick a goal (Like building a raft) and work towards that. For the raft you only need workers to build the raft. You can harvest the 25 logs and 10 rough stone yourself around Velia. You'd need lodgings for at least 1 worker, the shipyard and a refinery.

Top worker tip

Goblins work the fastest but have the lowest stamina

Giants can work the longest but are also the slowest

Humans are in the middle.

So I've got giants doing all my resource gathering because I can queue them up for 25 runs at a time. I've got a goblin for when I want to do small quick runs.

16 minutes ago, Rikku said:

I just don't have a clue what I'm doing. :lol:  I read the beginner guide stuff, and I understand what it's all saying, but I just have no idea what any of it really means. Doesn't help that I'm distracted whilst playing, I might just leave it until the weekend when I actually have time to dedicate to it. Looks pretty though.

I'm sure myself and Scruff will be on my Team speak server tomorrow and at the weekend. If you can, pop on and we can help you get going.

If anyone else wants to jump on, feel free. PM me for the server details or something.

Public Service Announcement!

Dont forget that there is a 4h maintenance scheduled for tomorrow to implement the cash shop and probably some other server shit. As such, the game goes live at 12pm (maintenance starts at 0800 UTC).

I've just ordered this. Been sitting on the sidelines and saw some early previews of CBT1 but this looks really engrossing with a nice sized world. 

I remember seeing quite a few people saying the world seemed quite empty with a lack of direction in the earlier tests, but I don't know whether that was a lack of things to do or more freedom in choosing progression yourself. How are things looking now for those that are actually playing?

It's by far the most alive feeling MMO world I've experienced with plenty to do. It can be quite overwhelming because of the options available.

Right. Plan for tonight. Craft some thickened fishing poles and then do some questing on my tamer for more contribution points. I need to connect my nodes down to glish. Apparently I can get lead ore near there

hey chaps im really intrigued by this and think im going to buy it tomorrow, however it just looks so overwhelming and would love some advice or a bit of guidance. Heard a guild is something you need to join, are you making one for the peeps on here?

We've got a clan up and running and I'll be around tomorrow to get people added. Also, my TS3 server is there for anyone playing to use. Me, Scruff and Spork will probably be on there quite a bit when playing.

No idea how to add you guys, just got level 9 so through the starter bit if you like. I don't fully understand what I am doing but it does not matter because its so pretty :D

Well, I have three, gold coloured fish (2 tilefish and a moray) but I'll be buggered if I know what to do with them and they'll expire in 23 hrs. 

I need to find a radiator to stick them behind.

9 minutes ago, Scruff said:

Well, I have three, gold coloured fish (2 tilefish and a moray) but I'll be buggered if I know what to do with them and they'll expire in 23 hrs. 

I need to find a radiator to stick them behind.

You can dry them out and keep them forever or sell them for lots of silver to a trade manage. The trade manage I think needs to be in a linked node and as far away as possible for extra cash

Right. I have nodes linked all the way down to Glish where I'm currently mining lead for my ferry :)

Tonight I'm going to afk fish with my new thick fishing rod and take the results to glish to sell

48 minutes ago, Luseth said:

No idea how to add you guys, just got level 9 so through the starter bit if you like. I don't fully understand what I am doing but it does not matter because its so pretty :D

Press N and add us to your friendslist (only works if they character is online I think)

If you want to a rllmuk clan invite, you'll have to meet me somewhere in game - my name is Proto Vangelis

2 hours ago, Flub said:

They said on neogaf you don't need to meet in person now

Turns out it can be done by whispering someone.

So, whisper Proto Vangelis in-game for a MUK invite. If there's ever more than 15 of us start playing, we just might have to start a damn guild...

I'm now an apprentice level 1 fisherwitch. I made 150k from fishing last night (Ran to Glish to sell them) and I made 400k on the marketplace selling those crystals you use to make boss scrolls

So just bought and is downloading the game. What server are you all on? Guess I'll be on later tonight once the little guy is asleep. Probably rolling a warrior, had a look at some YouTube videos and didn't really feel any of the caster classes.

I made some good progress last night. Got all the materials I need to make a ferry. It'll take another few days of crafting to construct it though. I discovered that crafting utensils you place in houses (Like for cooking) break after a while so I needed to figure out how to craft new ones. That should be done when the servers come back. 

One thing I do like. The marketplace is price controlled with every saleable item having a min and max price you can set. It lets people playing the game make a steady profit but limits the damage speculators can do to the economy. One issue I do see is that some things eventually won't be worth selling. Some key items for low level crafting are logs and rough stone. You only seem to be able to get these by gathering them yourself and that's really slow going. I was lucky and found someone selling over a 100 logs on the market place this morning but I had to gather all the rough stone myself (I needed 25 this morning) and that's a pain in the arse.

Fishing last night netted me about 150k after I ran to Glish to sell them. First thing I need to do when the servers come back is put a stash of silver in my warehouse at Glish. I discovered you can transport goods between warehouses without needing to be at a warehouse but you do need silver in the warehouse you're sending the goods from.

Plan for tonight. Beer crafting (Need to keep on top of that), crafting a few more fishing poles and doing some leveling on my ranger for extra contribution points.