Flub

Black Desert Online - PC MMO. Release March 3rd. B2P

My witch currently has

Gathering Skilled 4

Processing Skilled 4

Cook Skilled 1

Alchemy Skilled 7

Fishing Prof 2.

It would seem that once you hit skilled 1 in cooking you start randomly crafting better quality beer. Also farming levels ultra slow. To the point of frustration

Haven't managed to get on at all the last couple of days. Going up to Manchester this evening too for a few days so doubt I will be around much. :( Stupid move. 

1 hour ago, Flub said:

Has almost everyone given up then?

Mmo that has been out for about a month, being played by Rllmuk people. What do you think?

:hat:

• Upvote 2

Haven't given up yet, just very busy with work n that as well as having "too" many games to play ^_^ The other half however is back at work this week so shes not going to be on so much sadly.

I think my time is done. :( Pending references going well, I've found us a house which means I'll be moving in the next couple of weeks and going back to work full time.

23 hours ago, Flub said:

I must admit that I went really cold on this at about level 18-20. The main problem, like many MMORPGs lately is that there is no multiplayer. This is a single player game where you happen to run around in a world shared by other people playing the same single player game.

I miss being pushed / forced to group up to tackle quests and dungeons. There is no coordination needed in MMORPGs anymore, and now that they have closed down the Wow Vanilla Nostralius servers I don't know where I'll get my fix anymore.

• Upvote 1

I think my time is done.  Pending references going well, I've found us a house which means I'll be moving in the next couple of weeks and going back to work full time.

Boo!

On 10/04/2016 at 9:45 AM, Flub said:

I must admit that I went really cold on this at about level 18-20. The main problem, like many MMORPGs lately is that there is no multiplayer. This is a single player game where you happen to run around in a world shared by other people playing the same single player game.

I miss being pushed / forced to group up to tackle quests and dungeons. There is no coordination needed in MMORPGs anymore, and now that they have closed down the Wow Vanilla Nostralius servers I don't know where I'll get my fix anymore.

I strongly agree with this, however what I've read is that once you hit 50 there is more co-op stuff, if we could get say... three or four of us to 50 (im nearly there) then we might have some more group stuff to do.

Saying that my Rift arrives tomorrow so it might be game over for me as well.

I have been watching some streams playing BDO, mostly Kungen's. The main problem for me is that while there are group content it is all based around zerging, whether it be a boss or Guild vs. Guild PvP.

Zerging can be fun but it rarely invites to coordination or grouping. In my experience it is single playing people hitting the same NPC/player for a while and then moving on to the next target. One of the most successful large scale MMORPG battles I have experienced is old school Alterac Valley. There you had all the fun zerg stuff in mid, but you and a group could also be involved in great smaller battles defending or attacking nodes.

I really wish they made a MMORPG that focused on the Multiplayer part again.

Apart from raiding that`s pretty much every MMO though.

Also the last person I`d watch playing to get a feel for a game is Kungen. He`s a dick and his followers are worse.

2 hours ago, Flub said:

Apart from raiding that`s pretty much every MMO though.

Also the last person I`d watch playing to get a feel for a game is Kungen. He`s a dick and his followers are worse.

Well not really. Taking Vanilla WoW as an example you had your first real group quest at level 10. LFG Hogger. :-)

And when you hit level 18-20 there were quite a lot of areas and quest that required you to form a group that was at least knew the basics of their class role whether it be tanking, healing or CC. When returning to Vanilla on the now dead Nostralius I was amazed by just how hard normal questing was. Hell we spent hours in the first dungeon and didn't even manage to complete it. Now a days you can level 1-100 without dying once.

And Kungen is not the sharpest knife in the drawer but I find him quite entertaining. :-) 

• Upvote 1

Going from the list of MMOs you can play now (And legally and not just shut down on you) the vast majority of the levelling experiences are solo play with live scenery. 

Vanilla WoW is gone man. Let it go :) It ain't coming back

32 minutes ago, Flub said:

Going from the list of MMOs you can play now (And legally and not just shut down on you) the vast majority of the levelling experiences are solo play with live scenery. 

:D True but I'm not giving up on being able to play something similar some day. :D

But the MMORPG horizon looks very bleak, everything looks so streamlined bar the re-release of Darkfall but that is just a tad too hardcore for my taste.

I really need to get back into BDO though, even though it wasn't the MMORPG I had hoped it would be it is still a very relaxing game to play. And I need that in between my fits of rage playing Black Ops 3.

• Upvote 1

I'm finding it very relaxing too. Decoupled from the need to get to cap I'm still dicking around with life skills. My witch has gotten more than 20 levels since launch via life skills. She's currently nearly level 40. My tamer levelled through the traditional methods is level 42. (My highest).

I've been breaking up the fishing with evening afk trading runs between Calpheon and Altinova. It's not making me nearly as much as fishing but it's nice seeing that trading level creep up :)

I think BDO shows a couple of things

1. Non-themepark games can be well done and moderately popular

2. More cruicially done with a small team to a very high standard.

Historically chasing WoW numbers has been a fools errand. Even Blizzard is having a hard time chasing WoW numbers these days. Eve showed us there's room for different. BDO is just continuing that.

For reference my MMO career started with four years of Ultima Online (Starting from Second Age). I did two open betas of WoW eventually (US and then EU) and lasted less than a month into the Vanilla launch. I cashed out at level 37 in Descolace. Came back in Wrath and put in some serious mega time.

1 hour ago, Flub said:

Kindly: fuck that kind of thinking.

Solo game is not an MMO. Solo is what KILLED the term MMO.

And the first group quest might have been Hogger, but the highest difficulty kobold in the starting area would kick your arse way past level 5 solo as well.

Real shame if group play is only raiding in this game and you don't need to for general progression.

• Upvote 2

I haven't been able to even play this lately. Finished a load of work that I'd been flooded with, go to load it up and check out the new classes and expansion and bam, fecking anti-cheat bs flags the latest Windows Insider build as a hack so I can't even load the game. :lol:

I may have to start playing this again. They`re patching the fuck out of it. One key thing that really makes me want to come back

Energy won’t be consumed when processing

Major, major change and makes me very happy. I have no idea why they changed this from how it is in Korea in the first place. Node wars patch is apparently Friday

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/93180-patch-1506-siege-war-postponed/

Naval combat looks fun. It's a game I plan on returning to at some point and that might pull me back in when it lands. I just wish they'd get over being so damn precious about the in-game economy and open it up a bit for player to player trading.

I was bored so I started playing again. The levelling curve at higher levels seems much better (Went from 42 to 44 in 20 mins on my tamer) and there are daily rewards for logging in (Real men don't logout)

Just made the female ninja (Whatever they're called). Quite good fun.

I'm officially hooked again.

I got my tamer to level 50 and then decided to try my sorcerer (Who was at level 23) because I heard they're grinding machines. Fuck me they can kill some shit fast. She's now level 50 so I took her to Mediah to kill things for the first time. Mediah mobs hit like fucking trucks. I can kill the stuff I want to kill easily but my next job is saving up some money for some better armour. I currently have 95 dp (Thanks mainly to a +15 zereth chest piece) but I need better. I'm going to work on earning the cash for more +15 pieces (About 18 million each). The RNG when upgrading isn't worth it when money is this easy to come by so I'm selling everything valuable on the marketplace.

Funny enough the best grinding spot for silver I've found is the abandoned lands (Roughly a level 35-40 area). I made a million in about 20 minutes there while levelling. At my current level the mobs are pretty harmless too.