rllmuk
Flub

Black Desert Online - PC MMO. Release March 3rd. B2P

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4atlqz/daum_qa_summary/

Interest in the game, especially the last few days before launch, was well beyond what they ever expected

Launch didn't go as planned, they got DDoS'd at one point

As a result, they're significantly increasing the size of their team, starting next Monday

They're looking at other ways of communicating with the player base (only specifics mentioned: Twitch and maybe a blog)

They view the cash shop to be fine as-is. It's their way of keeping all future content free

The ghillie suit is being looked at, and the counter-measure (the flare) is listed as one of the top priorities to import over from Korea

They know the texture pop-in is a huge problem, the devs are working on it, there's no ETA on a fix

Region locking is apparently up to Pearl Abyss, not Daum. They're given a contract that allows them to sell the game in, and I quote, "X, Y, and Z countries"

Auto-looping isn't coming soon. It's designed as a "catch-up" feature and there's nothing to catch-up to now. It might come later

Mediah is coming "very soon"

No ETA on the classes we're missing. Fun fact: They might even come out in a different order. Nothing is set in stone

No ETA on guild vs guild

As for the dye system, there's no ETA on receiving the 'pallet subscription'

No details on the new pet breeding system, there's no word on if the new Korean system will be the one we use

They're aware that the staggered awakening weapon releases could disrupt balance, but they have no clear plan for them yet

Player trading is being looked at, no specific info

Gold/silver sellers are being looked at, again, no specific info

Two-step authentication is a top priority, no specific info

When it comes to changing or adding features to the West, they cannot develop something just for us. Even if we hypothetically got something first that we demanded, it would be developed in Korea and probably come out there too. Fun fact: They had to argue strongly in favour of b2p to Pearl

They're aware of the frame-rate and refresh-rate bugs, it's being worked on

World boss mechanics are being looked at. Currently we're seeing over 300 players per boss kill

Potions may be tweaked, they're waiting for more data before making a decision

Bounty hunting system has no ETA

Energy use for production is working as intended, they won't make it free

I've been real busy with work and haven't had much time to devote to this. Should be better soon and I'll have more time to spend in the evenings. 

Admittedly I find it hard to play this for short stints, I just don't enjoy it. It's far better having time to spend to explore and take everything in as there's loads to appreciate and do. 

Great to hear Mediah is coming soon though, I think when it released in Korea it came with a couple of new classes too.

I was a bit tired last night so I did some chores and then set my character fishing. My current goal is to level my tamer to 50. It's going a bit slow at the moment though. I'm grinding in the abandoned lands and xp gains are small.

Yeah i noticed it getting quiet, I've not been on too much due to work and the fact I have the division and far cry to play (not even touch far cry yet), i always try to get on for about an hour though after work. (Still waiting for a contract :( lol

Intend to have a good few hours on this the weekend, if guys are up for it perhaps plan Sunday to do some guild quests? We could do with getting some more guild perks ^_^

That's weird. I was running to Glish and I got disconnected. Tried to start the client again and it thinks it needs to patch and is failing.

Progress today. I got my tamer to level 41 and decided I needed a break so I started doing some stuff with my ranger. She was level 18 (Now 24). It was weird for a while. I couldn't figure out how to do good aoe so I ended up grinding fogans like this

Which works but isn't very satisfying

Then this happened

Now we're cooking with gas

3JbGJ5t.png

Love the Croxus pic, think I have seen him before but cant remember where ^_^ Will sort some pics out shortly of my rather short tamer :D shes going to look funny when she can eventually ride the Heilang :D

Real life hasn't made me able to check it out yet, but I will soon enough. Finally looks to be an MMO that doesn't follow WoW's shadow.

• Upvote 1

Plan for this week. Get my ranger to 40 and take a break from her to level something else. I'm thinking either Sorc or Valk. My third fishing boat should be ready this morning as well. This one I'm keeping for myself. I sold the second one but to be honest I think I'd make more money selling the materials.

My fishing finally hit skilled 5 yesterday so I was able to start using the steel fishing poles I have stockpiled. First full run last night throwing away anything white or junk netted me about 330k.

Ranger once I figured out to do the big aoe nuke was a joy to grind. I picked up a kill 100 cultists in the monastery quest and it took less than five minutes. It feels amazing rounding up packs of mobs in the double figures and nuking them down. Even better when it's the big orcs.

My plan is to swim in the ocean and drown. A lot. And hijack boats. Fishing last night netted me half a mil. My ferry will be ready later. Then I am making parts for it. As well as working on a boat. Wooo! :wub:

• Upvote 2

How much do you sell Fishing boats for , Ill buy one off you.

I'm making so much money from fishing there is no point in making one myself. 

I'm ranked number 26th at fishing on the server now :) 

21 minutes ago, Strategos said:

How much do you sell Fishing boats for , Ill buy one off you.

I'm making so much money from fishing there is no point in making one myself. 

I'm ranked number 26th at fishing on the server now :) 

The one I sold netted me just under a million after the 30% tax. As far as I can tell nobody is selling them in any numbers (And if they are they're selling in seconds).

I can't sell one direct to you anyway. I'd have to put it on the marketplace.

There's a coal node to the west of Kaplan in a cave. below the chimeras

It's probably worth buying the materials, building the boat and selling it on I would have thought? I cant imagine the materials add up to much more than 300 or 400k? So there would be a nice profit there anyway.

I'm just starting my second which I intend to sell (might take a few days, but I will give you a heads up on the off chance someone snipes the first. Fishing boat is the same thing as the ferry?

18 minutes ago, Luseth said:

It's probably worth buying the materials, building the boat and selling it on I would have thought? I cant imagine the materials add up to much more than 300 or 400k? So there would be a nice profit there anyway.

I'm just starting my second which I intend to sell (might take a few days, but I will give you a heads up on the off chance someone snipes the first. Fishing boat is the same thing as the ferry?

It takes so long to build the fishing boat once you have the materials that I would think just selling a steady stream of the materials to people needing to build them would be a more efficient option. Especially with the 30% marketplace tax.

Woo! I have my ferry! :wub:  I have called it the Stratikku in honour of my many boat hijackings of poor Strat.  I've started work on the actual boat now, and have also started work on some decorations for my ferry.  The Stratikku shall be a sight to behold. Pirates will fear me. Other fishers will look at the Stratikku with envy.  Hopefully, I will be able to dye it pink. To match my hair and fins, of course.

2016-03-21_289527006.JPG

• Upvote 1

I was admiring your vessel just now, and am of course honoured. Kind of miss you hopping on my boat though.

What materials do you need for the boat upgrades? Aren't their high skill requirements for them ? 

For the Cargo - I need 3 Sturdy Ash Plywood. I have no idea how to make this! 1 Iron Ingot and 7 black stone powders. For the prow I need 1 Sturdy Fir Plywood, 1 Legendary Beast Blood and 15 powders. And for the Calpheon Decoration (which is what is in production at the moment) is 25 Tin Ingots, 3 pure Tin crystals and 10 powders. I have everything else except the sturdies. 

I just need to go birch farming and then I will have all the mats for my boat too. Oh and pine sapping. I forgot where all those pine trees I found are though!