Broad City

We don't seem to have a topic on this?

Pretty surprising, because this is the best comedy to have come out in ages. Ages! Seriously, this is already up there with Arrested Development, Always Sunny, the modern greats. It's showing on Comedy Central now, so if you don't know it, get to know it. ZOK never steers you chumps wrong, that's a given.

Even better, the opening credits are like an old Tom Tom Club video.

tumblr_n386cljm201ql3b9bo1_500.gif

4d1.gif

6d4.gif

We tried to watch an episode of this. I think it was the first episode of season 2, having read good things about it. Managed about 20 minutes before turning it off. Nothing even vaguely amusing occurred in that time. Awful programme. I can't believe the praise in here. It's like the This is England thread.

We tried to watch an episode of this. I think it was the first episode of season 2, having read good things about it. Managed about 20 minutes before turning it off. Nothing even vaguely amusing occurred in that time. Awful programme. I can't believe the praise in here. It's like the This is England thread.

d39ef7f0-8a13-0132-1dd2-0a2c89e5f2f5.gif

You turned it off 2 minutes before the end?

It was DVR'd. So with nearly ten minutes left I suppose. Whatever was left we'd wasted way too much time on it already, given how unremittingly shit it had been. I had gone in with high hopes, too. :angry:

d39ef7f0-8a13-0132-1dd2-0a2c89e5f2f5.gif

She's definitely not saying 'shut your stupid face' in that gif. :angry:

• 1 year later...

This thread deserves more posts. Just into season 2 of this and by christ is it funny.  Just seen the bedroom scene with Abbi and her neighbour. Fucking crying with laughter when he pulled out the strap on and Illana's reaction when she called her for advice. Literal tears. 

4 hours ago, SteveH said:

It is a guilty pleasure of mine. But fucking hell I wish Abbi would stop wearing that skin tight dress of hers. She looks like a badly made sausage in it.

Well I think that's a bit harsh 

It's also part of her character. She's always striving towards self-confidence, but also always on the unwieldy side of it.

I think I got close to completely sick of Ilana by the end of the last series. She's a well-played character, but just not one I increasingly want to watch.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...