Rez Infinite - Coming to PS4, VR support

Rev

12 hours ago, Fletch said:

Wow! Just had my first run through didn't get the good ending but what a rush! This takes an already amazing game and turns it into an experience like no other. 

I don't think I can take Area X tonight so I'll leave that for another time. 

I ended up playing Rez VR and just saving Area X for about a year. It was worth the wait.

This is one of those threads that you read and you think, "I own this game. What am I doing here? Wasting time at this

Family event

Kids graduation

Friends barbecue

Sister's wedding 

Own wedding

Birth of my first child 

(Delete as appropriate)

I could be at home playing Rez in VR!

• 3 months later...

Wow. First play through and aced in. The final area is just incredible  So so close to finishing in final form too.

Once I realised that you use your head as the main curser and then the oculus controller for slight movements I was in a complete flow state.

What a game 

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I had a go on this on my Quest 2 earlier. I've not played the game before, and while it's spectacular and everything, I don't feel like the actual gameplay is that engaging. You just hold a button, wave the cursor over pretty much everything on screen, release the button, then said things blow up. That seems to be it as far as the actual game is concerned. I've tried both the regular mode and Area X. It's pretty, and the music is cool, but I don't really get what I'm supposed to be doing. Area X makes me crane my neck as well, seeing as you have to move your head a lot to move around each level.

What am I missing? (And don't say, 'A soul'.)

2 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

Do people play Rez for the gameplay? It's all about the experience maaaaan. (imo)

Sounds like it's maybe not your thing. 🤷‍♂️

Well I really like Tetris Effect, and I enjoyed that TxK game when I played it on the Vita, which has obviously been influenced by this a great deal. Like I say, I like the music and spectacle, but I just don't really feel like I'm doing anything. I think part of it is the Quest's controllers, which are horribly clicky. It feels like I'm dragging a cursor around with a mouse.

Rez is the gaming equivalent of a favourite album, so it won't have helped that everything after the PS2 version hasn't sounded right. Really flat mix with little dynamic range and bass far too low, with effects missing on many of the various stabs and whatnots which get layered in.

When the music in Rez ramps up it's supposed grab you by the fucking soul, while you tap out your own little beats on the cursor and destroy enemies to add to the track, but when it doesn't sound good that's all just so much meh, and turning up the volume can't fix the mix.

3 minutes ago, Nobuo's Organ said:

Rez is the gaming equivalent of a favourite album, so it won't have helped that everything after the PS2 version hasn't sounded right. Really flat mix with little dynamic range and bass far too low, with effects missing on many of the various stabs and whatnots which get layered in.

When the music in Rez ramps up it's supposed grab you by the fucking soul, while you tap out your own little beats on the cursor and destroy enemies to add to the track, but when it doesn't sound good that's all just so much meh, and turning up the volume can't fix the mix.

I take it this is the case with the Quest version as well, then?

I'll give it another go later. It might be more enjoyable after a Friday night beer or two.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/12/2017 at 23:29, roobarb said:

I have to say this is up there with my all time favourite gaming moments as well :D
It's the sampling of California Soul that does it - brilliant choice and fits soooo well with the rest of the track

https://www.whosampled.com/sample/18190/Adam-Freeland-Fear-Is-the-Mindkiller-Marlena-Shaw-California-Soul/

Probably worth noting here that at that time California Soul was an extremely difficult song to get a hold of, and very rare. I think it was Dacid Holmes that finally put it on a compilation that gave people access to it.

On 30/07/2021 at 13:59, Jamie John said:

I had a go on this on my Quest 2 earlier. I've not played the game before, and while it's spectacular and everything, I don't feel like the actual gameplay is that engaging. You just hold a button, wave the cursor over pretty much everything on screen, release the button, then said things blow up. That seems to be it as far as the actual game is concerned. I've tried both the regular mode and Area X. It's pretty, and the music is cool, but I don't really get what I'm supposed to be doing. Area X makes me crane my neck as well, seeing as you have to move your head a lot to move around each level.

What am I missing? (And don't say, 'A soul'.)

Its about playing until you experience a synergistic flow

4 hours ago, Distinct muttering said:

Its about being incriical and just going with it until you reach a atate of uncrical flow. It gives a response life any other game. It becomes experience synergistic experience. Hard to quantify until you experience it

I mean, there's 'hard to put into words' and then...

5 hours ago, Distinct muttering said:

Its about being incriical and just going with it until you reach a atate of uncrical flow. It gives a response life any other game. It becomes experience synergistic experience. Hard to quantify until you experience it

57 minutes ago, GamesGamesGames said:

I mean, there's 'hard to put into words' and then...

indistinct muttering

On 16/08/2021 at 11:37, acidbearboy said:

Is this different from the music from the deluxe version of the game on PS4? I bought it ages ago in a sale, but I never got around to downloading the files onto a USB stick to copy across to my PC.

Yes, the PS4 bonus was more of a sampler than the complete soundtrack.