IGNORED

Thermomix

Sardan

@Stejay - they were just very simple butter biscuits, the mixing instruction below is for the thermomix so would need a hand blender or stand mixer or a lot of elbow grease.

250 g plain flour 

100 g sugar, plus extra for dipping

100 g unsalted butter, diced

1 medium egg 

1 tsp baking powder 

Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.

Place flour, sugar, butter, egg and baking powder in mixing bowl then mix 20 sec/speed 6.

Place some sugar on a plate. Pinch together 1 Tbsp dough and roll into a small ball (approx. Ø 3 cm). Dip top in sugar, place on prepared tray and flatten with a fork to a round biscuit shape. Repeat with remaining dough then bake for 20 minutes (180°C) or until light golden. Leave to cool on a wire rack before serving or storing in an airtight container.

50 minutes ago, The Hierophant said:

@Gotters how does the recipe thing thing (cookiedo?) work. Is it subscription?

Yup, you get 6m free and I thought it was going to be crap, but its great, they eventually put all their books on there and the integration to the device itself is very slick, from the website or app.

That Sophia’s kitchen youtube is interesting, but she is pretty twee and massively annoying.

She has developed a couple of interesting products though, her slider to stand the thing on should come with it, its brilliant and you can slide it around with a couple of fingers (you can’t drag it on its own as the feet are part of the scales)

I'm stuck in a cognitive dissonance thing here.

On one hand, I have stupid old man 'this is CHEATING' syndrome, like people who have a fetish for manual driving over automatic.

But it's so obviously the future. And brilliant. And inconvenience/hardship is a stupid badge of honour to wear.

40 minutes ago, The Hierophant said:

4E8633F3-F17A-4820-8A2B-C40CA03951D7.thumb.png.1a79ed7c78e1f1bc7c3d37c264b2513d.png

:omg:

I got all excited. Then I realised it was the apron and book “free” gift I was getting. 

:( 

I did exactly the same when I did the upgrade, got all excited they'd made a mistake and sent me an early one.

I don’t think so.

long story short, it turns out my friend’s wife is a rep so I ordered through her. But we did have them staying with us, so she did come to our house (and we talked about it lots).

I have seen her use hers before (while slightly drunk and very sceptical) but would actually have quite liked a demo. 

1 minute ago, The Hierophant said:

No.

I didn’t even get one!

(But I could maybe get you one without a demo?  I’m willing to ask.)

:O

I'm going to see if my wife likes the idea of one. Are there any good YouTube videos that show it off?