IGNORED

Rllmuk Members and their Gaming Opinions

mdn2

A mention! Thank you Jolly.

My list is pretty much echoing many people already mentioned, but that's of little surprise really. I'm far too sure of my own taste in games these days to trust another persons opinion completely, but it can often sway me and the opinions I listen to tend to be from people trying something new.

Strawdonkey/Mitchell - appreciate them for delving into the Vita library like few others particularly with visual novels (something I'm trying to get into still!) and RPGs.

Jolly/Qazimod - my guiding hand for rhythm-action games above all else. But also a whole host of odd niches for games unknown or forgotten to most.

Wiper - Although I don't always agree, I tend to notice that you make connections that others often don't, and you are the most recent person on the forum I've bought a game because of a recommendation (that felt right!)

Vemsie - someone who I think really understands why Japanese action games are the best around.

Toythatkills - departed, but TTK is the closest mirror poster I have (apart from he really likes puzzlers like Spacechem and I don't)

As for views I respect but don't trust - sorry Elmo and Davros - you are all pretty much top of the list.

Wiper - Although I don't always agree, I tend to notice that you make connections that others often don't, and you are the most recent person on the forum I've bought a game because of a recommendation (that felt right!)

I'm not quite sure what you mean about making connections, but I'll take that as a positive! Out of interest, which game did I sell you on?

(and yeah, you and a few others have mentioned Vemsie, and he is a great resource for Japanese action games, but I can't put him in my 'relied source' list purely because I have a highly erratic taste in action games, so can't ever really predict what I'll enjoy)

I agree with Wiper a terrifying amount of the time. Terrifying.

I'm not sure whether I should take that as a compliment or an insult :unsure:

I'm not quite sure what you mean about making connections, but I'll take that as a positive! Out of interest, which game did I sell you on?

Resonance of Fate in the Final Fantasy Type-0 thread. It was a persuasive viewpoint to get that game (bought, and onto my backlog) ;)

I'm generally an argumentative twat on here when in real life I'm pretty easy going.

Anyway I love reading everyone's opinions and especially value Robo 1, Mushashi, Wiper and RubberJohnny even though I argue with him all the time!

I love Vemsie's enthusiasm too, and Gorf King is a genius.

I'm not sure whether I should take that as a compliment or an insult :unsure:

Nah, it's a compliment but I'm aware from everyone who doesn't agree so regularly it puts me in a small minority. (But it is a small minority that is correct.)

I tried RoF but I simply couldn't understand the system. How does fighting work?

It's been a while, and I can't play it to check (thanks, long-dead 360), but it's all about setting up combos - making sure all of your characters can target an enemy simultaneously, and have good routes planned out to enable continuous damage-dealing and/or setting them up to take on the next enemy without running into an obstacle. Once you get it down it's fantastic to play and watch - balletic combat that's entirely under your control. Well worth learning.

If it were ported to PC (or the modern consoles, or made BC on the Xbox One) I'd be delighted.

I'm generally an argumentative twat on here when in real life I'm pretty easy going.

Anyway I love reading everyone's opinions and especially value Robo 1, Mushashi, Wiper and RubberJohnny even though I argue with him all the time!

I love Vemsie's enthusiasm too, and Gorf King is a genius.

Yep, I almost added you to my list as I always enjoy reading your opinions and debating games with you, but considering how often we disagree on games I couldn't quite justify it!

Nah, it's a compliment but I'm aware from everyone who doesn't agree so regularly it puts me in a small minority. (But it is a small minority that is correct.)

Hurrah! I'm glad to know that the Good Taste Brigade™ has an additional member ;)

Am always interested in what Gerbik will says about RPGs, Rudi for RTS and strategy and I like the cut of Deerokus' gib in the Paradox thread.

Edit: Ha, hadn't seen John0's post above. The Paradox thread has a lot of wonderful info and tales in it (helped by the fact that the games lend themselves to storytelling). It's good in there.

Thanks for the mentions guys. :)

I'm kinda jealous of K's and Gorf's writing skills, their posts are always a pleasure to read, whether I agree with them or not. Majora doesn't necessarily like the same stuff as I do, but he's an eloquent poster, same with RubberJohnny.

Wiper seems like a good egg, but he's also a crazy, crazy man when it comes to gaming taste. ;)

About ninety percent of what I play these days is either Japanese or indie, so when it comes opinions I often find myself agreeing with people who have a similar taste. I could mention the entire RLLMUK Bloodborne community, but I want to give a shout out to Spainkiller, who is clearly cut from the same gaming cloth as I am, and dataDave for character action (even though he's way too harsh on the excellent Bayonetta 2). I also find Robo_1 and Mr Woo's love for action games a pleasure to read. They even know how to sell the jankier, charming B-tier stuff with their infectious enthusiasm.

It's a shame Cacky stopped posting, I've always liked his contributions.

Cosmic Guru. If she gives her seal of approval on a game then I go for it :wub: I remember on 360 if I was looking for something new to play and came across something I quite fancied, I would check out her achivements to see if she had played it and how many achievements she had gotten to see if she played it extensively.

Very kind of you to post this! I don't think it's too bad a list :coffee: (top 20 based on "true" rather than nominal scores).

1. Dark Souls
  2. Two Worlds II
  3. Dragon age Origins
  4. Rare Replay
  5. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
  6. Dragons Dogma
  7. Dead rising
  8. Bioshock infinite
  9. Fable II
  10. Mass Effect
  11. Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion
  12. Dishonored
  13. Mass Effect 2
  14. Sacred II : Fallen angel
  15. Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
  16. The Witcher 3 : Wild hunt
  17. Test Drive Unlimited
  18. Deus Ex: Human revolution
  19. Valient Hearts
  20. Divninity II : Ego Draconis

As for posters whose opinions I respect and enjoy reading, I would like to think it's everyone who takes time to post about their experiences rather than the blanket "shite" or GOTY. I tend not to have time to visit threads for games in which I'm utterly hopeless so I'm probably missing out on some stunning writing in the rhythm-action and beat 'em ups threads. The usual suspects who congregate in the RPG threads can certainly all talk a good game when the mood inspires them.

You have to say though that Mr Gerbik stands alone as the connoisseur of stealth. Viper also has an incisive and idiosyncratic approach.

Nev4r 4get Stroker Ace as well.

What happened to him (I assume its a him)? He was a striking poster since there was never a shade of grey. One or two sentences were sufficient to hand down a definitive verdict every time.

Thanks also for the mention!

There's loads of people on rllmuk that I really respect and enjoy reading their opinions on games, and a lot of the time it's made me very pumped for the game I'm about to play or even purchased games that I wouldn't of normally as I feel their opinion is close to mine, a kinship if you will.

I really respect people who are open minded and willing to look at why a game does things a certain way, rather than just jumping to conclusions. I guess our hobby medium of choice is unique as it's interactive and that facet alone can rub people up the wrong way.

I also seem to coincide with people that always place Game Mechanics first rather than an ill-fitting narrative.

Some shout outs to awesome people -

Spainkiller - Guy knows his shit and knows when something is fun.

Dood - absolutely the same, open minded and really loves games.

Uzi - same

Timmo

K

Gerbik

Vemsie

and yes, Stoker Ace back in the day. He was great and explaining why he enjoyed the game he was playing.

I really do not vibe on people who just casually throw everything away for convoluted reasons. The Curmudgeons who thing everything is shit and nothing is good enough. If it's rubbing you the wrong way, just leave it and maybe express your thoughts concisely in a single post rather than derailing a thread.

for example, not to throw shit around but -

Moz - Seems to buy every game and hates its for often bizarre reasons. Threads that are often an interesting discussion instantly derailed into why the game is shit and broken. Can be such a vibe killer and I just bail out instantly. I always imagine him to be like the IT guy from The Office.

I don't know that many here but dataDave and Strider post sound opinions.

I like how Dave goes into depth regarding play mechanics, and how Strider notices how often developers seem to miss their own ideas such as the promised survival aspects of Tomb Raider.

I'm another who basically trusts the rllmuk hive mind for game recommendations. For those that go against the grain it's usually written in a good enough way that I can see if I'm likely to agree or not, too. I don't really read reviews anywhere else anymore.

I'm another who basically trusts the rllmuk hive mind for game recommendations. For those that go against the grain it's usually written in a good enough way that I can see if I'm likely to agree or not, too. I don't really read reviews anywhere else anymore.

The rllmuk hivemind can have some totally odd opinions sometimes, like the original Bioshock which is an exceptional video game in my opinion and generally regarded as a modern day classic.

Rllmuk hivemind hated this game, hated. I remember most people not really getting the Sandbox nature of the whole thing, a frequent rllmuk complaint was how you could blast through a lot of it using nothing but the wrench and Vita chamber respawn so why do anything else?