rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Bennette98

Rocket League Tournament III - Team B Wins!

Rocket League Poll  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hopefully, depending on numbers, this tournament will be similar to the last and will just be a mini-league where each team plays each other once, but if there is more than before it could either be a tournament or just be a mini-league that runs over two consecutice Tuesdays.

It will be a 3v3 tournament/mini-league

I will also be trying to divide players into 2 or 3 pots before creating teams to try and balance the teams more to make the tournament fair.

When signing up, Please post your PSN ID, please

Sign-ups (PSN ID)

Bennette98 (EB9CCFC)
John0 (SlimmJD)

tcharliel (tcharliel)

theholyhogg (theholyhogg)

Parrapatheslappa (Colbaker27)

ChuChuChris (ChuChuChris)

Petey (PeteyPenDrive)

Mackenie (Mackenie_)

JDubYes (JDubYes)

Angel (mr popkins)

Pot 1

1 John0 (SlimmJD)

2 tcharliel (tcharliel)

3 theholyhogg (theholyhogg)

4 Petey (PeteyPenDrive)

5 JDubYes

Pot 2

1 Bennette98 (EB9CCFC)

2 Parrapatheslappa (Colbaker27)

3 ChuChuChris (ChuChuChris)

4 Mackenie (Mackenie_)

5 Angel (mr popkins)

• Upvote 3

7pm start, really? That's way too early for me what with getting the kids to bed and having tea etc.

Also Jamin gets really angry if he misses Emmerdale.

• Upvote 2

one signup after 24 hours isn't very promising. I'm guessing people haven't seen the thread or are busy on that day, would it be best if i were to change the date? Maybe push it back a week. I'd expect less people to be available around Christmas time too, though.

I still have rage over the way we (Team C) lost the last one.

(Also, I'm actually flying back from Oslo that day, so while I am likely to be available I'm not 100%)

I can't do then either sadly, could make 10pm or another night. JDub I missed the last one... what happened re: your team and the aforementioned rage?

I was joking! It was pretty gutting though...

HH, Timmo and I (Team C) had won our first six games pretty handily (3-4 goal wins every time), though at the very end of the sixth Timmo (had stopped moving, so had presumably) got the phone call he'd been expecting to get shortly after the tournament ended. (We, like everyone else, were well behind schedule at this point.)

We had Team E last, and it turned out they'd been playing with only two people (and a Pro bot), so we just agreed to play 2v2 as we'd lost Timmo anyway. Unfortunately, it was at this point that HH developed some fairly massive lag issues (he was routinely at 968 ping during the two games, and was only ever at a normal level a couple of times, and for a few seconds each). Team E proceeded to beat us about 5-0 twice, as I struggled to try and do anything against two very decent players while effectively on my own, and HH struggled to even move.

Team E beat us to the title on goal difference, +17 vs +12. If I'd been able to keep the score down, or HH hadn't had those horrendous lag issues (which promptly disappeared again after what turned out to be the title decider... :sherlock: ), then we could've won it all, Instead we lost it in the last two games, through very little fault of anyone in our team (bar me, obviously), having gone in with a 100% record.

So, yeah, pretty gutting. :(

• Upvote 1

one signup after 24 hours isn't very promising.

1v1 me bro

Most Mondays and Tuesdays are free in December for me, so happy to move it if we can get more people interested.

I can't find this thread I usually just search rocket league and they usually pop up but not this one

But yer theholyhogg

Hopefully as good as last time

So, yeah, pretty gutting. :(

It's a shame cos the next tournament I guarantee our teams won't be as strong as ours lol

And me and u jdubyes are such sore losers

But we will get our revenge 😀😀😀😁 when I play tcharliel I'm not gonna score judt follow him and keep banging him 😀

Fucks sake Bennette have you got access to my work diary and picking evenings when I am away?

I'm glad ssbj is out lol he is stupidly good he just flies around banging them in goal from stupid angles lol 😂

So that is 4 of us. I've changed the OP slightly as there isn't enough of us. I'll open up another poll next week to see what days best suit people to hopefully get more sign-ups. Failing that - it won't happen :(

I don't know, i click on online and then it is there usually towards the top. If that is happening on more than just you then it would explain the lack of sign-ups

Sorry guys, I figured this wasn't going ahead and have plans for tomorrow now.

Definitely up for a different date/time soon though.

I'll leave this tournament for now and set it up in January because people will probably not be available over the Christmas period. I will add in a poll aswell to work out the finer details of dates and times etc.

• Upvote 1

You could try posting the thread up in the Football League folder too maybe Bennette? I reckon a good 5-6 guys in there would join if they knew about it but they wouldn't think to look here. Also a tourney in the days between Christmas and NY might get some attention.

Good games last night btw Mack, you're good for someone who just picked up the game like a few days ago.

Also a tourney in the days between Christmas and NY might get some attention.

I second that 😄

I need some good people to play with i think I play a lot better with people on here like Jamin jdubyes tcharliel and others rather than randomers who get emotional and want to leave when 1-0 down lol 😂

I've added a poll to try and work out when the best date/time to for the tournament is. I will get all the finer details (tournament or mini-league etc..) sorted closer to the dates when I have a rough idea on the number of sign-ups.

We really should just do something on the night agreed regardless. If only 2 people turn up then we do some 1v1s. If more then great.

• Upvote 1