IGNORED

Fallout 4 - PC performance, tweaking, modding

davejm

If anyone is unlocking early using an AUS or NZ VPN then let us know the details. I've done it before on my old PC, but can't remember exactly how it's done. I might be up for doing this later this evening when I finish work.

A comparison with the consoles.

It's amazing the way that...

Actually, no. Genuinely can't see any difference. I assume it is 30FPS on console?

EDIT: Digital Foundry report:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-fallout-4-performance-analysis

Apparently works well on budget PCs, including decent on an i3 4130 which really isn't much better than my i5 750. I'm taking that as a win for PC, which I'd rather play it on anyway.

Unpacked in less than 10 mins.

On my i7 920 and GTX 970 @ 1080p it's set me at Ultra with everything maxed.

EDIT: Not exactly maxed. Godray quality was set to 'High', which goes along with that Nvidia guide indicating that Ultra kills performance.

Unpacked in less than 10 mins.

On my i7 920 and GTX 970 @ 1080p it's set me at Ultra with everything maxed.

EDIT: Not exactly maxed. Godray quality was set to 'High', which goes along with that Nvidia guide indicating that Ultra kills performance.

I'll try unlocking soon, let's see if the 7850 will handle it ( :D) before ordering a new graphics card

It's amazing the way that...

Actually, no. Genuinely can't see any difference. I assume it is 30FPS on console?

You're kinda right but check out this horrendous pop-in:

Surely it's not like that on the PC. That's awful! I really thought stuff like that was a thing of the past. I'd be pretty miffed if I had one of the consoles and I see stuff materialising 10 feet in front of my face.

It's unlocking now, I'll find out in 20 minutes if it runs.

Where is the cheapest and reliable place to buy this online?

I got it from cdkeys for ~£31 this morning, it may be cheaper elsewhere but it still saved £9 over getting it from steam

It's working fine. I used a different VPN client (SoftEther, it's permanently free) then connected to an Australian network.

Unpacking now (though won't play until after work).

What Server/Connection did you use? Freedome is getting ahmmered

By all accounts the pc version of this looks pretty good. I might take a shadow play video of it running at ultra once it's installed if people want to see how it runs on an ancient i5 2500k and not so ancient 980