IGNORED

Microsoft Xbox One Elite Controller

Transient Curse

• 3 weeks later...

Well they seem to be talking about comfort levels of the design variations available. But they also only spent about 2 seconds trying each type, so that's a bit of an unfair judgement still anyway.

I'm not buying one simply because I can't fathom purchasing a $150 controller, no matter how amazing it looks/feels. I do love those back buttons though. Makes we want to get the steam controller cause it has similar features. In fact, steam should do something like this with it's next controller iteration. Giving various physical pieces to setup a franken-controller that feels right for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a wired One controller that works with the PC? I need a second controller for FIFA and the 360 ones are pretty pricey around here so may as well get a nicer pad..

Its like the standard xbox one pad. Plug in a micro USB and it turns off the wirieless stuff and works as a wired pad.

• 8 months later...

So bought one of these from someone on here and had a quick blast of BF1 with it last night. It's a wonderful bit of kit, have only tried the standard sticks so far, do the longer ones really add much? And are people really using two sets of bumpers on the back? I tried last night and was chucking health kits and grenades about by accident constantly. One set seemed perfect, though, and I could really feel not having to go to the DPad adding to my game. Only irritating thing is that the shooting on BF1 wasn't working with my medic gun with the triggers set to half way. I've googled about and apparently this is a battlefield issue?

Anyway, anyone have any tips/setups for getting the most out of my new toy?

16 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

So bought one of these from someone on here and had a quick blast of BF1 with it last night. It's a wonderful bit of kit, have only tried the standard sticks so far, do the longer ones really add much? And are people really using two sets of bumpers on the back? I tried last night and was chucking health kits and grenades about by accident constantly. One set seemed perfect, though, and I could really feel not having to go to the DPad adding to my game. Only irritating thing is that the shooting on BF1 wasn't working with my medic gun with the triggers set to half way. I've googled about and apparently this is a battlefield issue?

Anyway, anyone have any tips/setups for getting the most out of my new toy?

Go into the Xbox Accessories app and tweak all the stick responsiveness.. :-o. (This seems much more fully featured than it was in December).

• 4 years later...
16 minutes ago, Chooch said:

Posted this in the series x/s thread but might get lost. 

Is there any indication of a third revision of the elite controller for the new consoles? 

Not yet. They're pretty expensive though, and all you'd gain is a dedicated share button.

1 hour ago, Chooch said:

Posted this in the series x/s thread but might get lost. 

Is there any indication of a third revision of the elite controller for the new consoles? 

If you do decide your happy with the one that's out at the moment (and very nice it is too) then keep an eye on HotDeals as Amazon keep lowering the price to £122. Still a lot of money for a pad but a decent discount over what you could end up paying. 

Using the Elite 2 over the last 6 months on a couple of specific games (Witcher 3 and Destiny 2) was a major deciding factor of me going for a Series X. I only use the small paddles and take the big ones off otherwise it just gets too confusing (I'm old OK!!?) but just having dodge and roll or jump and run bound to them for those games is a complete game changer for your maneuverability. Couldn't go back now and if I do use a standard controller, it just feels like cheap rubbish. Sure the Series X will be a step up though.

• 11 months later...

The left bumper on my Elite 2 controller has become a bit unresponsive. It registers if I press it hard but usually not if I'm just tapping it. I've tried depressing the left trigger and blowing air into the gap but it's not made a difference so I'm assuming it's not just dust/fluff build-up.

I'm guessing there's no easy way to fix it? Controller is too expensive to risk someone as cack-handed as me trying to take it to bits.

EDIT: contacted Microsoft and they want £85 to repair it / replace it with another refurbished device. Ridiculous.

49 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

The left bumper on my Elite 2 controller has become a bit unresponsive. It registers if I press it hard but usually not if I'm just tapping it. I've tried depressing the left trigger and blowing air into the gap but it's not made a difference so I'm assuming it's not just dust/fluff build-up.

I'm guessing there's no easy way to fix it? Controller is too expensive to risk someone as cack-handed as me trying to take it to bits.

EDIT: contacted Microsoft and they want £85 to repair it / replace it with another refurbished device. Ridiculous.

I’ve got the same issue with my right bumper. From what I’ve seen it could possible be an easy fix, once you got the front cover off which looks a pain in the arse to do…

There’s a little bit of folded plastic in between the bumper and the switch that gets an indentation. It can be replaced or folded again to help. 

I’ve been putting off fixing mine for weeks as I don’t want to damage the cover. I’ll have to do it soon though as it made pyschonaughts 2 unplayable. 

that guy takes out the plastic, but this guy folds it:

I mostly just use my series X controller over the elite 2 (which is synced with the PC). The improvements they made to the grips/feel are sufficient, and I’m not playing driving games much at the moment, where I find the paddles help.

I use the paddles constantly so would really miss the Elite controller. Can’t be arsed with AA batteries either.  I do slightly prefer the form factor of the newer Series controllers though. 

Trying to muster up the courage for a DIY repair now. It looks straightforward…

Mine are the same and I tried folding those plastic bits, cleaning etc.

Removed them altogether the other day and they work fine now.

I definitely recommend doing the same if your bumpers are unresponsive. Don’t be shy taking the top shell off, not the end of the world if you mark it a bit if it sorts the problem.

4 minutes ago, Pug said:

Mine are the same and I tried folding those plastic bits, cleaning etc.

Removed them altogether the other day and they work fine now.

I definitely recommend doing the same if your bumpers are unresponsive. Don’t be shy taking the top shell off, not the end of the world if you mark it a bit if it sorts the problem.

I guess the plastic bits are there to try and prevent wear on the switches, but end up getting worn themselves? Once I’ve opened up, I don’t want to have to mess around doing again anytime soon so may just remove them too. 

I’ve babied this controller so it’s annoying. I’d probably just buy two or three fancy regular controllers in future, though I love the paddles for Rocket League and COD.