rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
gospvg

Star Wars Movies - Which order?

Going to start watching the Star Wars movies but in which order? Prequel trilogy first & then original? Or in order of release?

4, 5, 6 then throw the others in the bin.

If you have to watch all 6, there's something to be said for 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 6. The prequels act as a kind of extended flashback between the end of Empire and the start of Jedi. Sounds odd but it works.

Yes, 4, 5, 6 and then if you have to, 1, 2, 3. No one has to though.

Never tried Garwoofoo's suggested order - I'd have thought the differences in style would be quite jarring going back and forth like that.

I take it you've seen them before?

If not, do the prequels first, then the OT. That way you won't leave the saga with a bad taste in your mouth.

If you have seen them before and you're willingly going to watch the prequels again, we cannot help you :P

I take it you've seen them before?

If not, do the prequels first, then the OT. That way you won't leave the saga with a bad taste in your mouth.

That's madness! The prequels spoil the original trilogy.

Machete order - 4,5,2,3,6. Episode 1 is not only unnecessary, it actually makes things worse..

Thanks guys I've gone with original trilogy first.

Star Wars, then Empire, then Jedi.

You don't need to see the prequels. Ever.

Really.

I've pos'd this but I'm quoting it too. Watch 4,5 and 6 and then wait for 7. Just don't bother with 1,2 and 3.

Unless you've got a massive hard on for anything Star Wars and just like seeing lightsabers and Yoda on screen regardless of the utter utter shit going on around it. In which case I guess watch the prequels and then go play Battlefront.

Another here who's never seen any of the prequels and now refuse to in order to not sully my childhood memories. Remember my Dad taking me to see all the originals as a nipper. Came out of the cinema in tears when

Ben died in Star Wars

, I was only five...lol! Am so excited about the new ones. :)

Another here who's never seen any of the prequels and now refuse to in order to not sully my childhood memories. Remember my Dad taking me to see all the originals as a nipper. Came out of the cinema in tears

when Ben died in Star Wars,

I was only five...lol! Am so excited about the new ones. :)

Fucking spoiler alert!!!

• Upvote 1

Tis ok I've seen the movies before, I'm watching them again because my six year old daughter wants to enjoy them.

I've added a spoiler to the quoted reply just in case anyone reads this thread & has not seen the movies.

If they sit through phantom and are still up for watching 5 more films clones will finish them off.

So yeah 4567

I suppose having seen 4 and 5 they might have enough love for the series to sit through 3 but I don't see how that benefits anyone

You have to watch the prequels now anyway to justify who throws that wooden chair with a Jedi robe on it onscreen during the ewoks rave up in ROTJ.

• Upvote 1

If you're watching them with a six year old's enjoyment in mind, the sad fact is that she'll probably prefer the prequels and be bored out of her mind before they get off Tattooine if you start with ANH.

We have watched the first two movies so far. My daughter loves Luke Skywalker & Chewbacca who she calls the big monkey :)

She does however think that Darth Vader has the cooler light saber.