Far Cry Primal

Capwn

4 hours ago, Captain LeChuck said:

Glad I'm borrowing it from a guy in work then. So it's not even a new game world? And they're charging full price. That's a fucking joke. 

Glad I'm borrowing it from a guy in work then. So it's not even a new game world? And they're charging full price. That's a fucking joke. 

... says the guy recycling entire paragraphs.

Yet nobody seems to mind when GTA does it.

The map business really is a non issue.

People paid full price for Vice City Stories. A lot more work went in to the changes here. It's a quality game getting unfairly criticised because of the signature Ubisoftisms being a bit out of fashion. Strange thing is, they give you all the options at launch to turn every single one off and play the game exactly as you like, and doing that makes this feel like one of the freshest open world games since Red Dead.

When was the last time you rode into battle on the back of a Sabre Tooth tiger and smashed a caveman's skull in with a massive flaming club?

Buy it now.

On 07/03/2016 at 4:28 PM, Captain LeChuck said:

It's Retarded Game Design™.

2 hours ago, CarloOos said:

Just the one map in this or do they still have the old mid-game switch?

Just the one big map, but one part is blocked off until you can go through with something you need. Won't say any more about that.

I ended up buying this yesterday, having finished just Fallout 4 and finally given up with Just Cause 3.

So I'm only a few hours in, but so far this hasn't done anything interesting at all.  It's nowhere near as much fun as Far Cry 4 yet, but hopefully things will pick up soon.  I'm hoping I just need to unlock some more stuff and get myself a better pet, and maybe find some of those special dudes it just told me about.  Kind of bored with walking everywhere and picking flowers and stuff already.

It does look pretty in places, though.

Nope. The only interes

5 minutes ago, catinthehat said:

Is anybody else playing this at all?  I'm about 15% through now, and it just doesn't seem to be going anywhere.  Gather, kill, upgrade, repeat.  Does it do anything more interesting later on?

Nope. The only thing that remotely drives you on is upgrading your tents in the village.

1 hour ago, catinthehat said:

Is anybody else playing this at all?  I'm about 15% through now, and it just doesn't seem to be going anywhere.  Gather, kill, upgrade, repeat.  Does it do anything more interesting later on?

75 hours and I've got all the achievements. Great game.

4 hours ago, catinthehat said:

Awesome.  Better tents.

What the actual fuck?!  This is such a let-down after 4.

Who was it that said it was like Red Dead?  I'm going to have to have words.

What else do you expect hunter gatherers to do? Found a blue chip company?

This fucking game I swear. I started it back up again whilst the maintenance was going on with The Division yesterday, spent entirely too long fucking Batari's shit up, and then I can't even use her fucking wicked bow despite the fact that I schlepped it all the way across the map and back to the village with me?

56e9cc4fb1b6e_2016-03-0209.22.09.jpg.8c1