kernow

Ghost - Swedish Pop Rock/Heavy Metal (Hail Satan)

On 12/07/2018 at 02:48, Wickedkitten said:

I am still fucking kicking myself for not going to see them when they last played Cardiff. I only got into them because Square Hammer was featured in NXT Takeover in January of 2017, but they are one of my favourite bands now

Definitely one of my favourite songs to punch drum the speed bag to in the gym, plus it has Chris Jericho, Aleister Black, and M Shadows from another one of my favourite bands Avenged Sevenfold in the video

Have you listened to their cover of Missonary Man... fucking MAGIC

Found an interesting channel today, Christians react to Ghost, Sabbath, Gorgoroth, Maiden, Priest etc, but it's not what you'd expect. Really worth a watch and digging a bit deeper into their other videos.

On 15/07/2018 at 01:15, scottcr said:

They’ll be over in 2019

Yeah, have to assume they're at (or very close to) arena size now. Those take longer to sort out. 

On 17/07/2018 at 18:48, Uncle Nasty said:

Found an interesting channel today, Christians react to Ghost, Sabbath, Gorgoroth, Maiden, Priest etc, but it's not what you'd expect. Really worth a watch and digging a bit deeper into their other videos.

I really can't stand those two. I've given a few of their vids a try and they seem to completely miss the point of a lot of the Ghost stuff. She's not so bad actually, it's mainly him.

And they should really react to the official videos, as they're missing a lot of the humorous elements.

European Tour announced today! Sadly no UK dates and they're not playing Cologne again this year either, but I'll consider some of those locations anyway. HYPE

02/03 – Lyon, FR @ Tony Garnier
02/05 – Amsterdam, NL @ AFAS Live
02/06 – Antwerp, BE @ Lotto
02/07 – Paris, FR @ Zenith
02/14 – Stuttgart, DE @ Schleyerhalle
02/15 – Bochum, DE @ Ruhrkongress
02/17 – Hannover, DE @ Swiss Life Hall
02/18 – Hamburg, DE @ Sporthalle
02/20 – Gothenburg, SE @ Scandinavium
02/21 – Oslo, NO @ Spektrum
02/23 – Stockholm, SE @ Ericsson Globe

9 hours ago, deerokus said:

No UK dates is odd. Brexit?

Doubt it, more likely it's to do with them having just played the Royal Albert Hall this weekend.

Could be a contractual thing with the promoter who got them into the RAH (which won't have been cheap on a weekend), or more simply it could just be to keep the RAH show 'special' for the attendees. So they don't feel like they wasted their money going to London for an 'event' show when if they'd waited they could have seen the band in their own town, etc.

I have a hard limit of £50, and that's only for something really special that I maybe won't get the chance to see again in a good venue.

These £100+ gig prices are insane to me, but obviously plenty buy them.

4 hours ago, deerokus said:

I have a hard limit of £50, and that's only for something really special that I maybe won't get the chance to see again in a good venue.

These £100+ gig prices are insane to me, but obviously plenty buy them.

Yeah I'm about the same. I think I'd have paid a bit more as I love Metallica and Ghost and I haven't seen Ghost before. But not that much.