rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Meerman

Forza 6 Rllmuk Endurance Cup

Oh yeah, I didn't have any distance or position markers during this race even though they were turned on in the options. The only way I knew my position was watching someone ahead of me.

No, I had them.

Mixed night for me- getting in a tangle at the chicane with Rice at the start, and a couple of significant offs were the lows, and a long tussle with meerman (and then nipping past mexos and dudley as they recovered) being the high. I wasn't quite as able to lap consistently as I had been at lime rock. part of that was a car I still hadn't fully sorted (I refuse to use community tunes for this sort of thing.) and also the fact it was at night: having done all my practice in the day, I couldn;t see any of my brake and turn-in references, so the first half of the race was a lot of relearning the track. when I managed to put good laps in, I would gain on the boozy/mexos/dudley battle at about a second a lap, but I just didn't manage it that often.

Already bought a car for next week, (E30 M3). I think the layout of medium hockenheim is going to favour a similar sort of light weight, slicks, High downforce build - there's a lot of medium-fast corners and only 2 big straights.

There is the massive run off area at turn one so you can take the corner fast and then rejoin midway down the straight without losing much speed. It's annoying how there are no real punishments for exceeding track limits in this game.

No, I had them.

And so, clearly, did Boozy.

What the fuck? I had them last week and I've not changed anything since.

Between that and not managing to join any of the parties I was somewhat on the back foot.

anyway, had an enjoyable and pretty much drama free race, 2nd place after fighting my way from stone dead last (which i blame joe mcspeed for) and battling with joe for a laps before he ran wide and i nipped in to second and managed to hold it, all while hoping meatball might run into some traffic that might slow him down :D props to meatball for finding another car that can mix it up with the civics.

Yeah, I did catch some traffic with a few laps to go and was tempted not to interfere with their battle and to back off and just follow behind, but didn't want to let you gain too much and give you any encouragement so pushed my way through.

also happy to get the fastest lap this time, and noticed joe mcspeed didn't get a clean lap. "respect the track limits", Joe!

Not even one clean lap is unfortunate, but to be fair I have to say the track limits there are pretty inconsistent. There's a few other spots similar, but like coming out of that double apex right hander onto the back straight you can easily run out onto the kerbing and it'll invalidate your time for being millimetres over the white line, but on other places round the lap you can get well outside and even gain time yet there it's not punished.

I was glad to see it, a little boring having 7 completely identical cars in the race. It felt like we had a Class A and Class B really, although Meatball exploded that wide open but it's nice to know I was battling for 2nd in class before the last incident.

Oh yeah, I didn't have any distance or position markers during this race even though they were turned on in the options. The only way I knew my position was watching someone ahead of me.

Is this something the host turned off in the host options?

No, I had them.

And so, clearly, did Boozy.

What the fuck? I had them last week and I've not changed anything since.

Between that and not managing to join any of the parties I was somewhat on the back foot.

I had them on also. That said, while the distance meter thingy to the cars ahead/behind is better than nothing, but I don't get why they can't just have time splits. Distance fluctuates up and down pretty constantly naturally anyways. Like even with two equal cars as the first one brakes into a corner the one following in second will get closer and then when the first accelerates away the distance grows again, but the time gap between them would remain constant and so a time meter would be more straight forward and be easier and better to tell if you're gaining on or losing someone.

I wasn't quite as able to lap consistently as I had been at lime rock. part of that was a car I still hadn't fully sorted (I refuse to use community tunes for this sort of thing.) and also the fact it was at night: having done all my practice in the day, I couldn;t see any of my brake and turn-in references, so the first half of the race was a lot of relearning the track. when I managed to put good laps in, I would gain on the boozy/mexos/dudley battle at about a second a lap, but I just didn't manage it that often.

I was wondering if anybody else had noticed that although the TT challenge was on the daytime version that it said in the first post here that the race was on the night one.

I got hit by Boozy and then Ryodi (I think?) in the early stages of the race, causing me to take a tour around the gravel for a bit, losing me 5 spots. Then later my controller cut out, so I was having a fantastic race. :hmm:

Must have been terrible. My fastest lap was faster than your fastest, too. :P

I missed this Sunday again, and I can't commit to many Sundays with any confidence for a while so feel free to donate my spot to someone more worthy. Apologies to anyone who's missed out on a regular spot because of me.

Happy to just take part in the TT'ing for the forseeable.

Sorry guys, had been looking forwards to joining up with you all again.

i'm sure it'll be fine multiclunk, only (i say only but still a fairly decent turn out) 16 people showed up for the last race and a few people have dropped out already IIRC. turn up when you can and i'm sure it'll be fine with boozy/meers :D

• Upvote 1

Yeah obviously it's not a problem. We aim to get as many people on the grid every race but even though it's not a full grid every race, there are more people joining than we expected, which makes us very happy. :)

Plus it's hella fun! :D

• Upvote 1

i fear this one may have been down to me, and if so and it caused a big accident i apologise! i definitely made contact with the back end of someone who got a bad exit from the chicane and i couldn't brake in time or even attempt a swerve with cars around, but it didn't seem to knock anyone off or send them into anyone from what i saw and was relatively low speed, otherwise i'd have apologised at the time as i think we were all in the same party.

No worries pal. I was 100% sideways so it did cost me, but at the same time I don't think I could've improved on my final position either way so no big deal!

Like I say, I would have been considerably less steamed about it if the three of us were able to chat about it there and then but that option has sadly been taken away from us. THANKS OBAMA :(

I won't be able to host and play tonight, people. I have to get up at 4am cet to go to Rotterdam for a course. I think Boozy will take up the hosting instead.

Cheers for the race guys.

Need to figure out how to get my mic working with the wheel consistently, it worked last week! Sorry about that.

Glad we restarted a second time seeing as I was dead last after that spin on the curbs.

Anyone not using manual gears with clutch should start doing so immediately, i,m sure it's worth a couple of seconds a lap depending on the track!

This weeks lesson: How to concentrate. One for the purists at the back of the field where I had the grip through the twisty stuff and ryodi had the horses, so I had to drive 15+ laps without making a huge mistake.

Looking at bits of the replay, we should make Joe and Dims have simulation damage on - you guys were flying about all over the place!

Did that barrel roll make it onto upload?

Thanks again guys. Bit of a lonely run to 7th place, but glad we got a stable session in the end.

I was concentrating on keeping up/closing in, and it ended up a bit like Ryodi was with me, I could catch you at certain bits, but you were quicker in others so it evened out.