rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Meerman

Forza 6 Rllmuk Endurance Cup

Hello everyone and welcome to the first Forza Motorsport 6 online Rllmuk event: the Rllmuk Endurance Cup!

The lowdown

• When: Every Sunday evening at 21:00h.
  • Where: On 6 different tracks and 6 races in total.
  • What: Tuned cars with assists allowed.
  • How: Random grid order in races taking around 45-60 minutes.
  • Why: Damage set to cosmetic and collisions on will make it frantic, though fun.
  • Who: 24 of Rllmuk's finest racing game drivers, listed below.

More info

• Meerman will host the session - add me!
  • The lobby opens at 20:00h for practice laps, race starts at 21:00h (UK time).
  • Since the game chat is broken, we will resort to party chat (8 people per party max). See below who hosts the party chats (bold, coloured names). Join either of them and if you can't get in, try another host.

Rules

• Use of voice comms is obligatory.
  • Do not interrupt when the host is talking about session related things.
  • Make sure your controller's battery is full and your router has been rebooted (open NAT - see network settings).
  • Be on time for the race - if you show up after the lights go green, we won't restart.
  • If there's a crash involving 3 or more cars during the first lap, the race will restart.
  • Let people know when you're passing them, and on which side (e.g: "Meerman, on your left").
  • Stay on the same side of the track where you started from (left or right), during the first few corners of the first lap.
  • Do not cut across to attack a corner when the field is still together early in the race.
  • Do not purposely ram people off the track - 2 violations in a race will earn you a penalty (which is to be determined after the session).
  • Look in your mirrors regularly (or look sideways/back with the right stick).

Car setup Race 3

• Any German car manufacturer
  • Tuned to B600 Performance Index.
  • Own tunes and community tunes allowed.
  • Assists allowed.
  • Custom liveries recommended.
  • Switch damage and wear off (in the assists settings)

Drivers

1. Meerman (session and party chat host)
  2. Boozy the Clown (party chat host)
  3. RichXM655​ (party chat host)
  4. Harns
  5. SnoopZaka
  6. Jashin1973
  7. Dudley
  8. Footle
  9. mlewis
  10. CypherQ
  11. Dimahoo
  12. del3k
  13. Joe McSpeed
  14. ryodiUK
  15. christoph84
  16. multiclunk
  17. meatball46
  18. ngcholer
  19. Yoshimax
  20. Bleeders
  21. The Kron
  22. mexos3
  23. jskone
  24. SnakePlisskenUK
  25. Rice Kingford
  26. ryui

Calendar

• Race 1 - 20-09-2015 - Lime Rock Park - Lime Rock Full circuit - 40 laps - day - D400 class
  • Race 2 - 27-09-2015 - Le Mans - Bugatti Circuit - 20 laps - night - Japanese C500 class
  • Race 3 - 04-10-2015 - Hockenheim - Hockenheim National - day - German B600 class
  • Race 4 - 11-10-2015 - TBA
  • Race 5 - 18-10-2015 - TBA
  • Race 6 - 25-10-2015 - TBA

Happy racing, everyone!

post-3265-0-04296700-1443603928.png

• Upvote 5

Woohoo!

Two questions:

- Can the D class 400 PI Mini be banned from this? It's widely regarded as a cheater car with upgrades.

- How will the grid order be determined?

And as an additional comment: I can only participate as long as I can borrow the Xbone I have now, so I may have to drop out of the league after a few races. Just a word of warning.

Even mentioning the glitchy cars will get you banned 4 life. I'd hope that would be obvious.

Grid order will have to be random. We tried qualifying but the game no longer supports it.

Time to take the headset out of my XBox One box, I never play online with it normally.

I assume these settings mean I don't have to worry about pitting for tyres during the race?

Also I only know of the Mini as a glitchy car, what are the others?

no qually? can;t you do a time trial race, then use lobby points to set the grid for the next race?

Proposal : You can use the mini if it's entirely stock :P

I'll be missing round 3 because I'm not in the country, so there's going to be a space for that.

Proposal : You can use the mini if it's entirely stock :P

You're on thin fucking ice, my pedigree chum. And Boozy shall be under it when it breaks.

Eeeeek. Go easy on me... I've been playing FH2 for a while now... :)

So auto gears allowed then? :).... Also "Rubbin' is racing" no?

Eyeing up a new wheel at some point and liking the look of the new Logitech one to replace my ageing Logitech Driving Force Pro unit (I got for GT4 on PS2!!!! Its still going! Done well!)

Just want something that works on consoles and PC alike. Like my old Logitech used to. (well on PC/PS2/3 anyway)

There's nothing remotely cost effective that works on consoles plural.

Logitech make 2 separate models that do PC and one of the 2 major consoles.

After much deliberation I'll be driving this tonight. It's not the fastest, especially in my hands, but I was having too much fun throwing it around the track in TT mode I had to use it in the race.

post-243-0-03652600-1442768866_thumb.jpg

Looking at some of the times in the TT thread I'm going to end up a lap down by about lap 20.

• Upvote 1

I can't seem to find my mic from the move. I may have to live without. It's round here somewhere, I've seen it.

After much deliberation I'll be driving this tonight. It's not the fastest, especially in my hands, but I was having too much fun throwing it around the track in TT mode I had to use it in the race.

renault.jpg

Looking at some of the times in the TT thread I'm going to end up a lap down by about lap 20.

It's an endurance race- you're better off with something you can lap consistently with than a fast car that's a handful. I know my mx-5 won't be leading on raw pace but it's nice and planted.

post-3782-0-68826200-1442774065_thumb.jp

• Upvote 1

I can't seem to find my mic from the move. I may have to live without. It's round here somewhere, I've seen it.

Dammit I've done something similar. No voice for me tonight.

How on earth do you manage to lose your headset... :)

Ah, at my girlfriends. Forgot to put it in the bag with the bone.

I have no idea how to tune a car, how easy is it?

I guess thats what happens when someone tries to stream Downton sodding abbey at the same time as playing online. Glitch, glitch kick. :(

How on earth do you manage to lose your headset... :)

In my case, you move house. Found it jammed in with some PC spares.

It's an endurance race- you're better off with something you can lap consistently with than a fast car that's a handful. I know my mx-5 won't be leading on raw pace but it's nice and planted.

This. 18th fastest car, finished 12th.

Brilliant racing chaps :) From a quick search, I think that the disconnect from the lobby is a known (or at least reported) issue. I'm sure it'll be patched eventually, but it's a shame - would have loved to have seen the replay.

Unfortunately my race settled into adject normality after Meatball finally managed to overtake me. I was getting back into the race with Rich towards the end of the race, but everytime I got some distance on him I had a front runner to let through >_< Great fun though.
Good laugh though listening to everyone else around me. The amount of rubber rings littering the road come the end was fantastic :lol:
My apologies to Dave and Del for my complete failure to realise you were there until it was way too late, and then make the terrible decision of staying on the line thinking it would be better for you to go around. I think after I charged through turn 1 it reset positions back to how it was.
Meanwhile, Ryodi? Man, you be damn good at rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin' WHAT?

• Upvote 1

Also, I'm well going to the stewards after SnoopZakaDave's antics at the end like, totally, cost me a top ten finish. Well, top fifteen. Maybe.

Meanwhile, Ryodi? Man, you be damn good at rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin' WHAT?

It was all going so well in that practice race as well. The random grind meant I started in third place, I managed to avoid first corner incidents and on the second to last turn on the first lap I went wide, tried to power myself out of it which as you can see in the video failed completely. I crashed into that same wall again during the race and cosmetic damage meant I ended up driving the second half of the race with a shattered windscreen because I don't like playing in any other view in Forza.

I really enjoyed that race. I was in 12th place for ages but started to lose my rhythm in the last few laps and ended up in a much more realistic 15th place.

It was all going so well in that practice race as well. The random grind meant I started in third place, I managed to avoid first corner incidents and on the second to last turn on the first lap I went wide, tried to power myself out of it which as you can see in the video failed completely. I crashed into that same wall again during the race and cosmetic damage meant I ended up driving the second half of the race with a shattered windscreen because I don't like playing in any other view in Forza.

I really enjoyed that race. I was in 12th place for ages but started to lose my rhythm in the last few laps and ended up in a much more realistic 15th place.

That's me in the white Clio Williams firing in to you on landing. I had an almost identical roll in the main race, carried too much speed then ran out of talent.

• Upvote 1