7. Select tune from Recommended Tunes / My Tunes

8. Download and Install

9. Buy for xx,000cr

10. Select assists / A to accept

11. Start Race

12. Post Name - Car - Time in thread.

Final Results

1. SnoopZakaDaVe - VW Golf '92 - 0:59.275

2. Jashin1973 - VW Golf '92 - 00:59:877.

3. McSpeed - Toyota MR2 '89 - 1:00.819

4. Meerman - Abarth Punto SuperSport - 1:00.971

5. Boozy - Fiesta XR2 - 1:01.141

6. YoshiMax - Mazda MX-5 TF - 1:02.335

7. ryodiUK - Mazda MX-5 Cup - 1:02.387.

8. The Kron - Mazda Cosmo 110S '72 - 1:02.661

Leaderboard updated 21/9/15 14:31

• Upvote 4

Before I get the game I don't know exactly what Lime Rock "Full" is but if that's what I would consider normal Lime Rock then it's interesting how close that time is to my times round that same circuit in the same car are on iRacing. (1:01.5 in the Cup version of the car, down to 1:00 in the Roadster version).

• Upvote 1

The best I can get is a mid 1:02, how on earth are people getting below that?? Is it a particular tune or whatnot.

Buying different cars and mucking about to see what I can do but getting below 1:02 is proving to be elusive for the moment!

ryodiUK - Ford Fiesta 14 - 1:05:629

Perhaps unsurprisingly, this is almost exactly where I am with a game tuned Corsa VXR after a few laps. I'll post an actual time tonight.

Other car I bust out for a comparison was an old BMW M635i which wasn't any better, not least because it's already 399.

Judging by the ghost I had, the Corsa is super good in turns 1-3 but then gets left. I think that might be something I can tune out.

The best I can get is a mid 1:02, how on earth are people getting below that?? Is it a particular tune or whatnot.

Buying different cars and mucking about to see what I can do but getting below 1:02 is proving to be elusive for the moment!

I tuned my Punto myself (got savvy after 6 iterations), but I'm still 1 second off SnoopZaka's time. :(

I'll share my tune tonight, if you want it?

Perhaps unsurprisingly, this is almost exactly where I am with a game tuned Corsa VXR after a few laps. I'll post an actual time tonight.

Other car I bust out for a comparison was an old BMW M635i which wasn't any better, not least because it's already 399.

Judging by the ghost I had, the Corsa is super good in turns 1-3 but then gets left. I think that might be something I can tune out.

Ha I tried that BMW as well last night with a similar result. Even though I've been playing since Forza 3 I never tune my cars and tend to go for default upgrades when I'm underpowered. I might have a try tonight, the Fiesta really lacks in the acceleration department, but I'll probably end up using an MX-5 which has better handling for the windy track.

I tuned my Punto myself (got savvy after 6 iterations), but I'm still 1 second off SnoopZaka's time. :(

I'll share my tune tonight, if you want it?

Cheers man that would be ace. I normally go for tyres, brakes and suspension before I improve the power on the car. But I dont tune above that in terms of the sliders. I was wondering if the cup would be better with a default set of cars, that way it was down to skillset.

But I dont want to be prescriptive with this.

Ha I tried that BMW as well last night with a similar result. Even though I've been playing since Forza 3 I never tune my cars and tend to go for default upgrades when I'm underpowered. I might have a try tonight, the Fiesta really lacks in the acceleration department, but I'll probably end up using an MX-5 which has better handling for the windy track.

I kinda feel we're just going to end up with a field of MX5s so I'm trying to run something different, even if not successfully.

I kinda feel we're just going to end up with a field of MX5s so I'm trying to run something different, even if not successfully

Having just tried the MX-5.

ryodiUK - Mazda MX-5 Cup - 1:02.387.

Only change to stock was using the race tyre compound.

post-243-0-94324500-1442662474_thumb.jpg

As you can tell by the photo it took me a few laps to get used to the handling which included several trips onto the grass.

I think this will probably be my race car, I can take the corners so much quicker than in the Fiesta.

So after a little bit of investigating, deliberating and testing of cars I have my car for tomorrow night. A Volkswagon Golf '92, which I managed to get under a minute in the time trial. Final time is 00:59:935.

post-972-0-50308100-1442695480_thumb.png

post-972-0-71772200-1442695921_thumb.jpg

I looked at the Corrado myself. I think my best bet is to self tune the Corsa rather than try to bed in something else, it's a busy weekend so I'm going to be coming to the race somewhat cold.

had to give that golf a try after seeing dels time, its extremely quick! tempted to use it myself now :eyebrows: not sure much else will be able to keep up with it over the course of a race

SnoopZakaDaVe - VW Golf '92 - 0:59.275