rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
MW_Jimmy

Nioh - Feudal Souls

There are a number of one on one fights in the game.

When you select the mission you can see what things are active. If there’s no shrine you can be sure it’s straight into a one one one fight.

• Upvote 1

This water boss is fucking shit.

EDIT: and done. It’s a tale as old as time.

• Upvote 1

Ha! It is indeed. I wonder if you’re deliberately posting just to beat the boss! ;)

I wasn’t a massive fan of Umi Bozu.

There are different ways the fight can fight can play out, I’m not sure what you ended up with?

Basically you can get to the boss without putting out any lamps that are dotted around the level. This means there are fires lit in the boss arena, which allows you to douse your weapon in flame however it also means enemies will spawn.

If you put out all the lamps around the level there’s no fires at the boss, but no enemies spawn either.

I've started this again whilst waiting for the Nioh 2 DLC, and the original is so much more difficult. Your Ki charge to clear dark zones has to be more precise. Bosses much harder early on. Even farming cups is harder. I'm sure in 2 every revenant gives you one, here it is random.

Also wow, the difference in the graphics is much starker than I remembered. The opening level is pretty bad. The lighting seems to be the most noticeable thing apart from texture detail. I've had to whack the brightness up because it is so dark.

2 hours ago, Goemon said:

Ha! It is indeed. I wonder if you’re deliberately posting just to beat the boss! ;)

I wasn’t a massive fan of Umi Bozu.

There are different ways the fight can fight can play out, I’m not sure what you ended up with?

Basically you can get to the boss without putting out any lamps that are dotted around the level. This means there are fires lit in the boss arena, which allows you to douse your weapon in flame however it also means enemies will spawn.

If you put out all the lamps around the level there’s no fires at the boss, but no enemies spawn either.

I got lit, fam. Sometimes he’d fucking one shot me as I entered the arena, the cunter.

Heir to the Nioh, a one sword level sub mission which ends(?) with a cunt raven who has a variety of one shots for me. Sweet fuck!

Do the % damage increase skills stack on top of each other? Eg the 3 / 3 / 8 all worth getting or just go for the biggest ones nice they’ve unlocked?

EDIT: another one.

Really hated fighting Karasu Tengus. 
You really need to sit down and figure those guys out, as they’re super tough to the untrained player. I had one near a shrine so just reloaded and reloaded until I had them down. First tip...You should NEVER be greedy.

Not sure what you mean by the skills stack stuff, what exactly are you looking at?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Goemon said:

Really hated fighting Karasu Tengus. 
You really need to sit down and figure those guys out, as they’re super tough to the untrained player. I had one near a shrine so just reloaded and reloaded until I had them down. First tip...You should NEVER be greedy.

Not sure what you mean by the skills stack stuff, what exactly are you looking at?

Damage done from behind increases by x%. Getting the 3 and 6 stacks or can I just get the 6? I assume it’s the former, has to be right?

You’re talking about a stat on a weapon/armour, right? So on one piece you’ve get a 3% boost and on another you’ve got 6% so you should be getting a 9% damage increase?

TBH I’m not 100% but I would say it should stack. I’ve never done the maths to actually check.

• Upvote 1

I went back to this today, I now have 2 trophies left to get to get all of them and they are both in the final DLC

It still holds up very well

In my mind this is harder than number 2.

The Yokai burst counter for example is very helpful at changing the fight in your favour, which you don’t have in this game.

That took me a little while to get used to

Finished off my last few trophies, so now have 100% completion for all the game and DLC's 

Made it easier as I have been playing with some of the weapons that I hadn't really used before for the final few trophies I needed

Back to Nioh 2 now, although I am up for jolly coop with any of my 10 builds

This fucking ice queen fuck shit fuck. A sniper and able to almost insta grab you? No. This is ass. How do you avoid the ice missiles that go five fucking times!? I see you should block it but I don’t appear to have enough Ki to wear that.

This is just an excercise in luck and frustration.

• Upvote 1

Yuki Onna was a sticky point for a lot of people, so the fact that you managed to do it is excellent. Good work!

I used to block the ice shots. The last shot would blow my Ki but I didn’t mind as long as I wasn’t taking damage.

As for the grab, she starts doing that at about half health so at that point I used to move to long range and let her do right in front of me. I would then smash her while she was recovering.

• Upvote 1

Oh I haven’t done it yet.

Ahhh sorry, I misread your 2nd post as ‘I’ve ranted on RLL, now I’ve done it” :)

Yea, she’s tough for sure. I can’t remember everything about the fight but I do remember moving right back when she starts doing the grab. The grab doesn’t go full arena distance so get a feel for where you can stand so she will stop right in front of you. 

It becomes part of her move set so she’ll just do it regardless of where you’re standing. So get out of range and wait for the chance to counter.

• Upvote 1

This is fucking shit. My block takes the first three of those five shots and then I die. I have four elixirs, this boss is a cunt.

Try sloth if you have it, that should really help out

MotherFUCKER. I just had to hope she didn’t do that missle x5. Onwards!

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, MikeF said:

Try sloth if you have it, that should really help out

I don’t have this. I’ve read it as being OP, is it one of the magic things?

27 minutes ago, DC said:

I don’t have this. I’ve read it as being OP, is it one of the magic things?

Yea, it’s a magic that basically slows the enemy down, a lot!

• Upvote 1

On my second playthrough after not not really touching it since it originally came out - and realised I never actually completed it. That's because I'm not stuck at the exact same point in the epilogue

Spoiler

On Queen's Eyes when the three guys come out of the yellow vats. While I'm dealing with one I get instakilled by another. Even with living weapon I just can't do it, and you can't summon on this level.

Think I'm going to have to grind to over level as I really want to try the DLC.

12 minutes ago, pledge said:

On my second playthrough after not not really touching it since it originally came out - and realised I never actually completed it. That's because I'm not stuck at the exact same point in the epilogue

Hide contents

On Queen's Eyes when the three guys come out of the yellow vats. While I'm dealing with one I get instakilled by another. Even with living weapon I just can't do it, and you can't summon on this level.

Think I'm going to have to grind to over level as I really want to try the DLC.

This was the hardest part of the game for me.

I watched a speedrun of the game not too long back and one of the things I wanted to see was how he handled this bit.

He basically gets into position early and hand cannon’s them in the head.