Nioh - Feudal Souls

MW_Jimmy

Way of The Strong (aka NG+) is no joke! :o Not only are the level recommendations approx 40-50 levels higher than my current SL, but the main missions seem to be bolted together - i just did the Nue and Fake Tachi back-to-back with no respite (the entire levels, not a boss gauntlet).

I'm going back to jolly co-op in NG.  

Edited by Curtis

1 hour ago, Minion said:

Tachibana muneshige is destroying me over and over in the sub mission :(

He's one of my favourite bosses, I played him over and over. I made post with a video for him earlier in the thread and then added some tips in a further post.

15 minutes ago, Goemon said:

He's one of my favourite bosses, I played him over and over. I made post with a video for him earlier in the thread and then added some tips in a further post.

Thanks, yeah I like that he is a humanoid boss and I worked out that I need to make him tired to get hits on him but fuck, he can destroy you in 1 or 2 hits if he connects. I wish I could do crazy combos like him. I use a katana or a spear, any tips for these two weapons? Any good combos? I've tried to unlock stuff from the skills menu but they seem to be just an extra hit here or there with a lot of other stuff locked down. I've had to quit Tachi for now as I couldn't get him much past half health, like you I was trying to do it without using elixirs, manly because I keep dying and don't want to waste them all!

8 hours ago, Let us measure said:

Also... (slight spoilers) - you can destroy the big rocks that produce the poison. They don't respawn after shrine-ing either!

Yeah the poison isn't causing me any issues it's the Yokai! I think I may have been tired last night as I am still jet lagged, keep waking up at 5am! Gonna crack on shortly and clear that bloody level.

I found that so much easier than the first go, although I was a bit disappointed that my friend from the previous duel didn't appear again.

I'm at what seems to be a gimmick boss fight, although I only had one proper go last night before turning it off. Hopefully I've misunderstood but it seems like it might be annoying.

Beat a horrendous sub-mission last night where at one point I'm fighting two bloody Raven Tenchus at the same time, thankfully there was a big rock in the middle of the arena & they didn't really like being kited round it.

Used up all my explosives & most of my Elixer but got the job done, imagine my horror when that wasn't the last wave. That was a tense time, I can tell you.

I'm up to the crawly castle boss.

Up to this boss I'd been using an axe but have now switched to lighter armour and dual swords, much more fun nimbly nipping in getting a few hits then out.

On these types of games I'm probably in the very small minority who find the bosses the least fun of these games. I love exploring the levels but spending ages learning tells and moves is not my bag. On the Umi Bozu boss I eventually called in help. It was just taking so long to whittle down, yet my helper with a 

Spoiler

Phoenix

Guardian did it in about 1 minute. I'd done all the sub missions as well so was well levelled. Onwards!

I really need to learn to block in this, I've just been dodging everything but that means when it goes wrong it really goes wrong.  Now I'm at the bat lady that seems like a big weakness.

And to ki pulse, it's not automatic yet I have to think to do it and that mean I'm usually just checking if it worked rather than using the refilled bar.  It's almost like I have a disconnect in my brain, where the face buttons are for melee combat.

And I need to explore the stances more, actually change then in combat, I'm fighting almost everything in the mid stance.

57 minutes ago, The Bag said:

I really need to learn to block in this, I've just been dodging everything but that means when it goes wrong it really goes wrong.  Now I'm at the bat lady that seems like a big weakness.

And to ki pulse, it's not automatic yet I have to think to do it and that mean I'm usually just checking if it worked rather than using the refilled bar.  It's almost like I have a disconnect in my brain, where the face buttons are for melee combat.

And I need to explore the stances more, actually change then in combat, I'm fighting almost everything in the mid stance.

I find the ki pulse can leave you open especially against the larger yokai and bosses so as soon as you get the option choose the recover ki whilst dodging skill. I'll be honest I've only just started experimenting with the stances and I'm half way through the second island. I've found for larger slower enemies the high stance works great and for those annoying huge bosses low stance helps you evade. I'm also running below 30% equipment load because of faster movement. As much as I'm annoyed at certain things in the game I'm also terribly addicted and can't stop playing, it definitely has a certain something. 

27 minutes ago, Minion said:

I find the ki pulse can leave you open especially against the larger yokai and bosses so as soon as you get the option choose the recover ki whilst dodging skill.

My hardwired playstyle is to dodge back at the end of a combo to get out of distance of any counter.  Which skill tree is that under?

51 minutes ago, The Bag said:

My hardwired playstyle is to dodge back at the end of a combo to get out of distance of any counter.  Which skill tree is that under?

I think it's called Living Water and it's on most weapon skill trees, I think once you unlock it it works for all weapons

2 hours ago, BedroomBusinessman said:

I'm onto the third area now, up to the 

Reveal hidden contents

Snow level.

Is there a point with levelling where you start to see diminishing returns? (Ala Dark Souls). Currently I'm putting everything into heart as it aids swords, haven't seen the point in putting anything into other stats for a while now.

From http://nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Stat+Softcaps

Most stats have a minor softcap at 10.

Health (Body and Stamina) softcaps at 10, then stays linear.

Ki (Heart) softcaps at 15 and again at 40.

Equip weight max slowly tapers off with no softcap.

Ki Pulse slowly tapers off. Arguably softcaps at 40 and 50.

Anything that gives skill points stays linear forever with no cap.

Magic and ninja power slowly tapers off with no softcap.

Magic and ninja capacity both hardcap at 30.

I've got most stats to 10 and am pouring the rest into Skill (currently 37) as I'm running Dual Swords.

Also, some Guardian Spirit perks require Spirit at level 11 or 13.

If you want high level Magic or Ninjitsu you need each stat to at least 15 to access the advanced training and skills.

Edited by Janski

Spent the past couple of hours playing The Ocean Roars Again, what a truly wonderful level it's maginifcent, the hidden paths and whatnot. Still trying to beat the boss mind.

Edit: And he's down, loved that level!

Edited by Minion

Loving playing this still, time just goes so fast!

I did hit a brick wall with the water blob boss. I got really pissed off, almost gave up after about the 30th attempt it was so frustrating. The only way I did it in the end was to backtrack and farm some materials from a previous stage (fire breathing mask) then managed to do it. After that, I have succeeded in getting loads further! Brilliant game.

Up to the boss on the Defiled Mountain mission now, almost had him on the first go but ran out of Elixer when he had about a centimetre of health left.

No matter, he will be dead soon enough. 

The boss of the previous mission was the lowpoint of the game so far for me, I appreciate they were trying to do something with a bit more spectacle but it just didn't work. Too gimmicky, not enjoyable & tedious. 

Thankfully the current mission / boss is a welcome return to form. 

Got Toady with a perfect. Chuffed with that.

Took a while to figure a few things out, and got lucky a couple of times, but great fight non the less. Might be interesting for some is that I use the axe for the full fight, which I don't think many people use.

I started out using magic buffs but in the end figured I wanted to take him with raw melee. 

Spoilered end for those that haven't seen him yet.