rllmuk
rgraves

Pokemon Go

I never update anything unless there's something I want in the new version. I'm a bit weird in that regard, probably. Works sometimes though.

Bizarre that Niantic don't force everyone to the newest version tbh. 

Anyway, look at this little beast who just hatched.. 

rps20160803_170531.jpg

• Upvote 2

I think maybe Niantic aren't very good at doing things properly.

• Upvote 5

Another day another disappointing egg hatch. This time  CP130 Krabby from a 5ker. 

Put my Vaporeon into a gym this morning before work, surprisingly he's still there. 

Caught jiggleypuff today

In an outrageous turn of events I lost a squirtle : gave razzbery, used super ball and he broke out and ran away after 1 ball

Just hatched a Squirtle from a 2k egg. Brings my Squirtle count to three now; starter, caught, hatched.

Getting my own Squirtle Squad on the go. 

Raced outside for a Parasect at the end of the car park. Rubbish eggs though - Pidgey and Weedle! Also lost of a ton of balls trying to catch relatively low-CP rats that just will not stay in...

Jesus Christ! 115 Weedle, one ball, broke out, legged it. 

I JUST WANT SOME FUCKING DUST YOU BASTARDS. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

I've got Pokemaps working, thanks @deKay can you use python simple HTTP server to host it? what did you do for access on the go?

Don't need anything more - it has a server built in. I have it running on my computer and just connect to it with a browser over the Internet.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, deKay said:

Don't need anything more - it has a server built in. I have it running on my computer and just connect to it with a browser over the Internet.

o'rly? How I connect via local host...

Spawn rate has definitely fallen- last week it was pretty much none stop catching from my desk, now I'm lucky to get anything other than a pidgey in 1 hour.

I heard spawns are linked to players in your area so maybe it's linked to a fall in the number of people bothering?

The game is impossible to play without some sort of tracker so I don't blame them.

Had some good hatches and evolves over the last couple of days.

Hatched:

823CP Hitmonchan

842CP Hitmonlee

1237CP Magmar,

810CP Mr Mime

858CP Ponyta

Evolved:

1681CP Gyarados

1145CP Cloyster

1518CP Flareon

1411CP Poliwrath

1423CP Slowbro

Caught:

1222CP Vaporeon

162CP Magikarp(Which I evolved)

1022CP Seaking

Seems Loughborough is awesome for water Pokemon, with an endless supply of Goldeen, Magikarp & Poliwags, plus a huge amount of Drowzees.

• Upvote 3

I just caught another 800+cp Fearow on first try with normal Pokeball and no berries. Seriously, no one can tell me that's just luck :P they know that guy is useless and nobody wants him, while rattatas and pidgeys are good for leveling which is why they are much harder to catch, even those as low as 100cp.

(haven't been keeping up with this thread so if I'm just repeating shit everyone knows then sorry) 

9 hours ago, gooner4life said:

o'rly? How I connect via local host...

When you run runserver.py, include the switch -H x.x.x.x where x.x.x.x is your computer's IP address. It'll listen on that IP rather than 127.0.0.1 then.

Then just forward port 5000 on your router to your computer, and connect to your router from outside your local network.

If you want to use a different port, include -P zzzz where zzzz is the port you want to use.

• Upvote 1

I'd been dabbling with this, but I went back to it today and all the gyms in my area are held by 2000+ CP mons. And it occurred to me that there's no real way I can catch up with that. I can train up my own Pokemon to eventually be that level but by that time the really serious players will be well above me again. It creates a situation where the gameplay for most participants will be "gather Pokemon, train them, and do nothing with them", and if the game's bubble is going to burst that's going to be how it happens. Be interesting to see when/if they add more gameplay in there for the "normals".

I've long given up on gyms, aside from quickly chucking in a 'mon when there's a space to claim my 10 coins.   They're not even fun!

And I'd say the gameplay for most players is actually: get pokemon, mass evolve the same ones repeatedly, fruitlessly hope forever that you have a chance of catching them all. 

I've taken down some CP2000+ pokemon with a ragtag band of shitty <CP600s before now. Remember you get to take six into battle (unless you're up against your own team).

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, deKay said:

How the fuck did you get 400 magicarp candy?!

Hang around the Pokestops next to the Playhouse and they spawn every few minutes. I'm up to nearly 200 just walking past there daily

Hmm. I haven't seen a single pokemon yet today, either on my phone or on the tracker.

1 hour ago, deKay said:

I live in Dubai...lots of coastline = lots of Magikarp

• Upvote 1

Since last night?! Blimey.

Doesn't explain no pokeymens in the app though.

6 minutes ago, deKay said:

Since last night?! Blimey.

Doesn't explain no pokeymens in the app though.

Yeah, not enough time to fix the footprints or the servers but they can take the time to change the API so that people can't actually track down Pokemon.

it went down around 8pm last night, might have been slightly earlier.

10 hours ago, Omizzay said:

Let's go!!!!!!

96% maximum IV too...

Screenshot_20160804-014634.png

Ah come on man, don't leave us hanging like that!! :) What moves did you get?

1 hour ago, deKay said:

Magikarp spawn in the same spawn points as Slowbro, Goldeen, Poliwrath, etc. If you live/work near rivers or ponds or the sea you can get quite a few a day without much effort.

13 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Yeah, not enough time to fix the footprints or the servers but they can take the time to change the API so that people can't actually track down Pokemon.

it went down around 8pm last night, might have been slightly earlier.

Fucksake Niantic. Killjoys.

11 minutes ago, John0 said:

Ah come on man, don't leave us hanging like that!! What moves did you get? :)

I haven't evolved it yet as I promised my son we would do it together today after work. He's super psyched!

• Upvote 5