IGNORED

Pokemon Go

rgraves

I was going to write that it's extremely cynical, but realistically it's exactly as cynical as Niantic have ever been but with even worse QoL for the playerbase. They'll just grind out the sympathetic tweets, ignore it, and assume everyone else will too. 

There is also talk going around that various subscription types have been datamined from the game, with different distance values attached to each. We were so busy obsessing over sponsored content, none of us even thought of the other way they could make money whilst fucking the players over...

Play Orna instead. It might be hugely addictive, then a massive pain in the arse/grind at higher levels, but it was made with love, dammit. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/08/2021 at 14:52, Starbreaker said:

There is also talk going around that various subscription types have been datamined from the game, with different distance values attached to each. We were so busy obsessing over sponsored content, none of us even thought of the other way they could make money whilst fucking the players over...

I've been out of this thread for so long that I wondered if this discussion was about the 40m / 80m range thing, but the post is too old. When they reverted the 80m thing, I swear blind there were a couple of stops and a gym that I USED to be able to reach while walking dogs, but was now just out of range. And, of course, they put it back to 80m. Money talks and bullshit walks, I guess. Now I can reach 3 gyms and a bunch of stops on my walk in the morning.

Thing is it's still just the same boring grind no matter how you look at it. 

I still walk my eggs because once I have them in the incubator the walking registers on the Apple Watch so it's no hassle. 

I have a Gym outside of work which I load up with a Slaking every morning knowing it'll be knocked out over night giving me 50 coins daily. 

And every new Pokemon release I'll be there catching them all. 

I used to play Battle League, but that's such a horrible laggy cheat fest I have to be really bored to try that.

Eventually I'll be bored of catching them all and won't even load it up....

• 3 weeks later...

The queue for Azelf on the 9db site is in the tens of thousands, if anyone knows anyone who is in the right region or could invite me to one, I’d appreciate it. 

I could return the favour with the EU one if required. 

9836 6855 8210

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anybody still playing this? I’ve become a bit addicted since they put 3 Pokémon stops spinnable from my Sofa…..And it gets me walking too of course. I come running out of balls so if anyone that still regularly plays could add me I’d very much appreciate it -

9971 6524 4161

On 27/02/2022 at 17:56, CovisGod said:

Anybody still playing this? I’ve become a bit addicted since they put 3 Pokémon stops spinnable from my Sofa…..And it gets me walking too of course. I come running out of balls so if anyone that still regularly plays could add me I’d very much appreciate it -

9971 6524 4161

I've never stopped playing, sent you a friend request- I'm Telbourn in Pokemon Go

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/02/2022 at 17:56, CovisGod said:

9971 6524 4161

Sent you a friend request - most of my friends list have stopped playing so I never get or send any gifts for challenges!!

I'm 1595 0243 6519 if anyone needs someone to send them a gift each day! 

• 2 months later...

I've started playing again. With the whole Google Fit opening up the API and smart watch thing Google seem interested in again, has anyone heard anything about trackers, say fitbit, working with Adventure Sync in future? I hate leaving it turned on, it's a battery drain. Seems absurd when I have a fitbit on my arm most of the day, every day.

I have three special research quests that need me to make a new friend. I’m a Billy no mates so if anyone could add me I’d appreciate it. My trainer code is 3753 2609 3380 , sumosix6. Thanks!

On 29/05/2022 at 09:51, MrEm said:

I have three special research quests that need me to make a new friend. I’m a Billy no mates so if anyone could add me I’d appreciate it. My trainer code is 3753 2609 3380 , sumosix6. Thanks!

I’m in the same situation. 
F3A0A6B4-5CC6-4C07-B29C-F69DF737DE76.jpeg.7242e7f4d2c1dee51cb238ddaa14668e.jpeg

• 1 month later...

My son is into this and I have some concerns about what he wants to do - he’s only 10 and one of his friends seems to have unrestricted access to *everything* tech related so has TikTok, Instagram, makes as many in app purchases as he wants, will call my sons phone after 10pm etc so mine feels like he’s getting left behind as he’s not allowed to add random people online and get the in game benefits that comes with it - e.g. his mate will do remote raids and get good Pokémon regularly.

The latest thing mentioned is an app called PokeRaid where you essentially trade friend codes with strangers online to join them, you have to do some kind of verification with them and it’s not clear if you then pay to use their service to join a remote raid.

I don’t think I’m being overly cautious with him but don’t actually know what interaction someone can have with someone once they have their Pokémon Go friend details, if any? It’s not a game I play so any advice would be appreciated.

Also, do we have have a forum group or anything that he could play with? I trust people from here more than random other folk…

If he's just using the Pokemon Go app - the only thing you can do is invite to raids, battle, trade Pokemon if near by or send a gift. That's it. There is no way of messaging each other or getting access to their email add. I suppose you could search their username on the internet and if they share account names on other apps or games they may be able to find them that way to find a method of communicating.

Wouldn't have a clue about the PokeRaid app.

12 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

My son is into this and I have some concerns about what he wants to do - he’s only 10 and one of his friends seems to have unrestricted access to *everything* tech related so has TikTok, Instagram, makes as many in app purchases as he wants, will call my sons phone after 10pm etc so mine feels like he’s getting left behind as he’s not allowed to add random people online and get the in game benefits that comes with it - e.g. his mate will do remote raids and get good Pokémon regularly.

The latest thing mentioned is an app called PokeRaid where you essentially trade friend codes with strangers online to join them, you have to do some kind of verification with them and it’s not clear if you then pay to use their service to join a remote raid.

I don’t think I’m being overly cautious with him but don’t actually know what interaction someone can have with someone once they have their Pokémon Go friend details, if any? It’s not a game I play so any advice would be appreciated.

Also, do we have have a forum group or anything that he could play with? I trust people from here more than random other folk…

To add to what Tony said, the pokeraid thing is a third party social network set up to get people access to mobile raids all over the world. I've not used it myself, so definitely check what they ask for in terms of data.

I think with these things careful education (in terms he’ll understand like crims out there who want to steal your stuff rather than nightmare Saville stories), slow loosening of the restrictions and some monitoring of what they do is all you can do.

Some parents just let their kids do anything and it will make others who are more sensible feel like they’re missing out so we tried to tread a bit of a middle ground.

• 1 month later...