rllmuk
rgraves

Pokemon Go

Best community day ever so far. Have about 15 shiny already and my buddy just brought me a gift with 51 pokeballs in! Yes, 51.

EDIT: would be prefer to be out walking but another advantage is that I can have my phones all charged too, sat watching twitch.

Mine is rubbish. I've got two, and I've been out! I only got eight on Safari Zone day as well so my account might well be cursed.

Ended up with 17 of the wee shiny bastard. Also my second shiny Aron and Rattata too. And 300k Stardust which was the main thing I needed/wanted 

They've temporarily doubled the distance to reach pokestops which means I can get the one that was previously just out of reach at the end of my street by inches.

Oooooh, I might be able to get to one near me. The gym distance has allowed me to sit right on top of a gym, which has made me play infinitely more.

Remote raiding added now too. Good as I can see (therefore remotely raid at) 12 gyms from my flat... 

Darkrai and Mewtwo. Not a bad day! I could have had three Darkrais but the damn things kept running off. Someone in the local group got two shinies in a row!

Caught 3 Darkrai from the 4 raids I done. No shiny and only once decent IV (96% with 15 attack). Still not got a Rufflet from all the GBL encounters I'm getting :(

I got three shiny Marills the other day when they changed the number of wins needed for an encounter, and now I can't win anything.

Yeah I love that they're trying to make it work in the circumstances but I'm just not interested in starting the thing.

It doesn't help that the double of distance has turned my house from "No pokestops anywhere close" to "2 that are JUST out of range".

They could have at least done the double pokestop distance thing before the community day last week.

They did. It was ages ago.

EDIT : Yeah it was a month ago.

7 minutes ago, Dudley said:

They did. It was ages ago.

EDIT : Yeah it was a month ago.

Are you sure that wasn't when they doubled the gym distance? That caused a bug that screwed up normal pokestops and made it look like you could reach them from a further distance, but you still couldn't. Dunno why they didn't just do them both at the same time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mafro said:

Are you sure that wasn't when they doubled the gym distance? That caused a bug that screwed up normal pokestops and made it look like you could reach them from a further distance, but you still couldn't. Dunno why they didn't just do them both at the same time.

This still happens to me. I have to be practically on top of them to get the rewards, same as before.

2 hours ago, shirubagan said:

Remote raiding is the best thing in the game.

Is it? For me at least it's pretty pointless at the moment. I can see about 6 gyms from my house that I could raid. But there is never anyone in the lobby so I can't get any of the good stuff from my house. Might be ok if you are part of a group but for us mainly playing as individuals it doesn't really add anything.

I think it's all a bit chicken and egg where no-one wants to be the first and waste their pass. They need to be able to give users a way to enter a lobby and back out if no-one else is there without losing the pass.

2 hours ago, Mafro said:

You could absolutely be right and that'd fit with my experience.

I really haven't tried to play it much because it seems pointless without being outside.

3 hours ago, Tony said:

Is it? For me at least it's pretty pointless at the moment. I can see about 6 gyms from my house that I could raid. But there is never anyone in the lobby so I can't get any of the good stuff from my house. Might be ok if you are part of a group but for us mainly playing as individuals it doesn't really add anything.

I think it's all a bit chicken and egg where no-one wants to be the first and waste their pass. They need to be able to give users a way to enter a lobby and back out if no-one else is there without losing the pass.

I'm in a local WhatsApp raiding group and have done 12 Darkrai in the last two days. Got two shiny, but both on my alt. account, annoyingly.

I managed to get a shiny Darkrai from my 6th remote raid. Also got a wee shiny Venonat today while in work. Still no Rufflet despite all the GBL Pokemon rewards. <_<

I got shiny Venonat today! I've had a couple of Rufflets as well, but my last pitch for a shiny Darkrai ended with another 2-star standard wonder.

No shiny since lock down, well, community aside of course.  I can see 3 gyms from my house, but no one else raids at them, unless my mate is passing on his commute...  Seems pointless remote raiding for 1 raid though so I went for a walk last night instead, it was a lovely night, and also meant I could progress the current quest.

Still can't be bothered with battling, though I guess I need to start for that Rufflet 

Trying to do this Kanto throwback challenge, need to catch a psychic Pokemon but I haven't seen one since I got to this part of the task. There were tons of Abras before this. Bloody typical :lol:

Done the second throwback challenge and the reward Pokemon were all the ones that I don't like :rolleyes: No shiny ones again either :(

Just started playing this “properly”, had a go a couple of years back but I lived in an area with no phone signal. I’m now in a place where I pick up 3 Pokemon stops and 2 gyms from my living room so I’ve decided to give it another go,  got 3 or 4 Pokemon around the 2,500 CP Mark, I’m level 22,

What I don’t quite get are the Raids, I can Solo the one and 2 star raids but I don’t live in an area where I’ll ever see anyone else doing a raid so there’s no chance at all for me to catch the Giratina currently opposite my house in a 5 star raid is there?