rllmuk
rgraves

Pokemon Go

1 hour ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

ooof, 1 and 4 for my first lot in Master League. 2 where I forgot that mamoswine didn't like water / that ryperior had Surf as a move and got mullerred and 2 that were a baw hair away from winning.

Got an ex-raid today, hopefully I'm not standing on the rain on my own

I love the discovery aspect of battling. I'm no expert on type advantages/disadvantages because I've only really played GO and on the whole type understanding hasn't been critical to success. So for the moment I am not blocking any charge moves straight up, so that I can learn what moves Pokémon might have and what my Pokémon's weaknesses are. At least a couple of times I have been completely shocked by being one shot out of nowhere. I'm still unsure who I am going to run alongside my perfect giratina (a), I'm waiting for the meta to balance out a little. Right now, it feels like I see lots of ttar, rhyperior (not so surprised due to community day) and metagross.

2 games in a row where I've came up against a Tyranitar as first mon- with mine being Kyogre so easy to beat. Only not because I'm immediately hit with weak connection and unresponsive tapping. Have to quit and reload just in time to see my third Pokemon killed by their first, unhurt, Pokemon. Fuck this, someone let me know if they fix this I'm done. 

1 hour ago, Azrael said:

2 games in a row where I've came up against a Tyranitar as first mon- with mine being Kyogre so easy to beat. Only not because I'm immediately hit with weak connection and unresponsive tapping. Have to quit and reload just in time to see my third Pokemon killed by their first, unhurt, Pokemon. Fuck this, someone let me know if they fix this I'm done. 

I seem to get more lag cheats on my radar account (1800) than my main (2550). I love that the battles can be fine until it is obvious that they are going to lose, then the weak connection comes out. If you are going to cheat, why not do it right from the start? Maybe they are worried about getting reported if they do it straight from the off.

I'm definitely winning more in master than ultra.

On my main, I have settled on machamp and ttar to compliment my 'Tina and it seems to be working ok for now. Longer term, I'll probably aim for to level up my 98 togekiss but I don't have enough dust or candy to max it out right now. I have a 96 dialga which is another option but again, I don't have the resources to make it work yet.

3 out of 5 on my second run with Mamoswine, Togekiss and Dalgia

the teams you get matched against definitely isn't random. I've not seen any TTARs or Ryperiors

Me and a few others beat Regigigas without much problem, other than his charge move one-shotting everyone's Machamps. Mine is shit though.

49 minutes ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

3 out of 5 on my second run with Mamoswine, Togekiss and Dalgia

the teams you get matched against definitely isn't random. I've not seen any TTARs or Ryperiors

Me and a few others beat Regigigas without much problem, other than his charge move one-shotting everyone's Machamps. Mine is shit though.

I don't believe that the matchups are random either. My first set of 5 last night on my daughter's old account: won all 5 pretty easy. The only real threat to it is togekiss but didn't see a single one. Next 5, togekiss and other softer counters everywhere and went 0-5.

I've spent an exciting (yes, really) evening experimenting and analysing the Android lag bug.

My TLDR is that is definitely exists, it impacts all fast moves to varying amounts, with 0 turn moves being impacted hugely and 1 and upwards being affected only to a lesser extent. I understand why it is happening and how to fix it. Unfortunately I don't work at Niantic so can't fix it for them.

In terms of impact, I've done some theoretical modelling and if we assume a worst case scenario of 50% of attacks being 'lost', 0 turn attacks will hit 50% of the time, resulting in an expected 50% damage and energy generation reduction. For a 1 turn attack under the same conditions, the loss is theoretically 33%. For a 2 attack move 25% etc.

If we take a more favorable estimate of only 25% 'lost' then things are a lot better for the 0 turn attacks with only a 25% damage and energy reduction. This then drops to about 15% for 1 turn attacks and to about 10% for 2 turn attacks.

The other factor is the consistency and worst case scenario. If the connection gets really bad, the 0 turn attacks will do no damage at all, whereas a higher turn attack only has to sneak one in to do at least some damage.

My advice is adjust your fast move choices based on your perception of how often a fast attack gets lost.

For example:

In theory, with a perfect game, Dragon Breath is significantly better than Dragon Tail, for damage. Dragon Breath is 0 turn and does 4 damage (4 per turn). Dragon Tail is 2 turn and does 9 damage (3 per turn). I'd estimate that my loss varies between about 1 in 5 and 1 in 2 with 1 in 3 a good average estimate.

So, for me, Dragon Breath will average 2.64 damage per turn (4*0.66/1) and Dragon Tail 2.55 (9*0.85/3)) signficantly reducing the gap between the two.

If you then factor in energy generation, Dragon Tail actually comes out the better move, for high loss scenarios (DT 2.83 energy (10*0.85/3) and DB 1.98 energy (3*0.66/1)).

I'm going to use this information to make a master team that is impacted as little as possible by the bug.

In terms of a fix, they could enforce a wait on all actions until an action has been submitted by both players. The problem with this is that players could then cheat by not submitting an action at all and effectively pausing the battle.

A simple work around for this could be to enforce a fast attack as the chosen option, after a certain delay, unless an alternative action has been chosen (charge attack, switch out) or just immediately enforce a fast attack unless another action has been chosen. This would be my preferred option, as it would not delay the battling too much and the biggest impact on the battle would be a charge attack or switch out being delayed by a couple of turns which is not great but also significantly better than the current situation.

• Upvote 2

My lag bug resistent team has won 9 of 10 today.

The team is:

giratina_altered,SHADOW_CLAW,DRAGON_CLAW,ANCIENT_POWER
togekiss,CHARM,ANCIENT_POWER,FLAMETHROWER,35.5,14,15,15
kyogre,WATERFALL,SURF,none,40,15,10,15

It is by no means as good as it could be and will take a shedload more dust and rare candy to max out (202 rare candy and 180k dust). However, the priority is Togekiss as a 2nd move on kyogre only really adds a little to the mix.

The lineup is also extremely vulnerable to the very top tier like Dialga and Giratina (O) 

Beat a player, ARTOOlukeToo, then immediately matched with him again. Both of us had the same teams as the previous battle yet oddly the connection was weak this time and his Togekiss' flamethrower seemed to break through my Dialga's shield and he won. Strange that. Cunt. Wish there was a way to send abusive messages to people through this. 

15 hours ago, Azrael said:

Beat a player, ARTOOlukeToo, then immediately matched with him again. Both of us had the same teams as the previous battle yet oddly the connection was weak this time and his Togekiss' flamethrower seemed to break through my Dialga's shield and he won. Strange that. Cunt. Wish there was a way to send abusive messages to people through this. 

I had someone yesterday firing off charge moves like quick attacks. His melmetal fired off his first charge attack in the 3rd turn of the match. There was no weak connection or anything, just super fast charge moves, which was a bug/exploit that I'd not seen before.

Melmetal does seem to charge quickly, I managed 3 charged attacks with him before my opponent's Kyogre managed one surf. Seemed to charge ridiculously quickly 

Fuck this game. Started a battle there, My Melmetal vs Togekiss, did a bit of damage so he switches out to Heatran, I go to switch to Kyogre. Hit the swap Pokemon button but nothing happens. Oh, charged move incoming, better shield this, unresponsive. Melmetal one shotted and dead. Now I can switch Pokemon, what's this? Another charged attacked incoming already. Fuck you game. Close app. 

• Empathy 1

2 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Melmetal does seem to charge quickly, I managed 3 charged attacks with him before my opponent's Kyogre managed one surf. Seemed to charge ridiculously quickly 

Thundershock generates 9 energy per 2 turns, one of the highest in the game. Superpower requires 40 energy to cast so the earliest turn that it could be cast is turn 11.

Kyogre with waterfall generates 8 energy per 3 turns and surf uses 40 energy. The earliest Kyogre can cast surf is turn 16.

With a non-bugged/exploited game, there is no way that Melmetal can charge attacks as quick as it did and shouldn't be able to get off 2 attacks before Kyogre uses surf.

3 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Fuck this game. Started a battle there, My Melmetal vs Togekiss, did a bit of damage so he switches out to Heatran, I go to switch to Kyogre. Hit the swap Pokemon button but nothing happens. Oh, charged move incoming, better shield this, unresponsive. Melmetal one shotted and dead. Now I can switch Pokemon, what's this? Another charged attacked incoming already. Fuck you game. Close app. 

See my post, it is being exploited right now, somehow.

Aye, it's a mess. Don't recall the lower leagues being as bad. Guess people have had longer to learn the exploits. It's genuinely pissing me off because I was really enjoying battles (even when losing them in fair ways) but now it's too shit. 

Is there a list of Pokémon Go mukerrs in this thread? Just sent a few friend requests. Actually came on to see if SumoSix6 is someone from here? 

1 hour ago, Stopharage said:

Is there a list of Pokémon Go mukerrs in this thread? Just sent a few friend requests. Actually came on to see if SumoSix6 is someone from here? 

There used to be a spreadsheet somewhere.

So...much...battling...

I was going to pop back on here a few weeks ago go see if anyone was going to Liverpool, but so much for that! Now I need advice on the best Ultra League team - I really want to be able to win four battles more often for a chance at the rare ones. I got a shiny Coballion this morning :D

I've been using Togekiss, Metagross and Venusaur. Have won 9 out of 10 battles with that team today. I'm sick of Cobalion, I just want a Rufflet. 

Thank you, I'll get them powered up and give it a try. I'm really struggling with what I think is cheating - I've definitely had people using three shields and repeated charge moves, and not been able to deal any damage at all, and I thought I was going mad.

13 hours ago, GameplayJenny said:

Thank you, I'll get them powered up and give it a try. I'm really struggling with what I think is cheating - I've definitely had people using three shields and repeated charge moves, and not been able to deal any damage at all, and I thought I was going mad.

Yeah they havent fixed that shit, its been happening since they first released it. 

The charge moves can be stacked mind you which is a handy little trick.

Ultra league has just been shit for me overall, wasted so many fast and charge move tickets trying to get some good combinations. 

Hacked off this morning. Needed another win for a Pokemon catch, just about to win, next thing I know I can't do anything, game unresponsive - oh look, unfreezes and the opponent has an attack incoming and BLAM. I hate it.

I've had a fair few battles this morning with people not cheating, and I at least felt like I had a chance. You can kind of tell the difference when someone's up to something. And also when they've got a Giratina, because they don't use their protect shields :D

I've gone back to Battle League too for a bit, as I decided I was missing out on too much rare candy during this time of free sets!

Like BeeJay, I have a phone with the Android 10 client lag bug, so I've been trying to play teams that only use Fast Moves with a turn duration of 1.5 seconds or longer :) I've ended up with:

• (Lead) Armoured Mewtwo (Confusion / Psystrike / Dynamic Punch)
  • (Usual safe-ish swap) Alolan Muk (Snarl / Dark Pulse / Sludge Wave)
  • (Save at least one shield for) Togekiss (Charm / Ancient Power / Flamethrower)

It's actually been working pretty well (despite the lag and general glitchiness that we're all probably familiar with by now :)). A-Mewtwo beats quite a lot in the one shield (Snorlax even needs 2 to beat it). If they lead with anything like Typlosion I'm switching into Muk and hoping they don't have Swampert. If they do it's probably over. But that seems quite a rare combo. If they lead Giratina then I quick switch to Togekiss which is an even better matchup now after the AP nerf, and if they switch out to save Gira I have A-Muk in the back waiting. Swampert leads you either win or force 2 shields. Poliwrath and Venusaur you force an immediate switch. It's definitely not unbeatable, but seems quite consistent.

I was hoping to hit rank 9, and I'm in the ~2450 region now, but the standard of opponents has noticeably improved! Gonna keep at it. Worst outcome is a few nice rare candies a day.

Nice,

I've been treating it as a casual source of dust and the occassional encounter. My method looks like this:

If I lose any of the first 3 matches, I throw the rest. If I win the first 3, but lose the 4th I'll try to win the 5th match to get the encounter. If i win the first 4 I'll throw the 5th to  keep my rank down.

Using this method, ive managed to get encounters about 50% of the time. on the first day of landorus i got 3 form gbl.

My rank hovers around 1600 at the moment.

Yeah tanking your rank is super good for rewards, but I can't bring myself to do it! :D

Few early morning battles just now, lag not too bad at all...

Screenshot_20200404-072418.thumb.jpg.60c54e3cd4159c70e254273258e2135e.jpg

• Upvote 1