Jump to content
rllmuk
rgraves

Pokemon Go

Recommended Posts

I'm a bit addicted to the battling now but it pisses me off so much too. I just don't seem to be able to tap fast enough as my opponents can always get their charge moves first, always! Utter bullshit. 

 

I've burned through so much Stardust powering stuff up and giving 2nd moves. My current record is only 28 wins from 55 battles. Best streak is 4. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is "KingExplosionMR" anyone on here? If so, we're about to go Best Friends when you open the gift I've sent, be a star and let me know before you do, if you can, I could really do with dropping an xp egg to double up, this grinf to lvl 40 is almost over :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/02/2020 at 23:35, Azrael said:

I'm a bit addicted to the battling now but it pisses me off so much too. I just don't seem to be able to tap fast enough as my opponents can always get their charge moves first, always! Utter bullshit. 

 

I've burned through so much Stardust powering stuff up and giving 2nd moves. My current record is only 28 wins from 55 battles. Best streak is 4. 

 

Fast Moves charge Charge Moves at different rates. There are charts/graphs that explain it, here's one below. It shows how good things like Counter and Shadow Claw are compared to some of the others. The moves towards the top generate more energy per turn and so charge your moves faster.

 

t4vhavwzcmc41.thumb.png.3ff3436c1cf2bbc80c2e7eb98a728017.png

 

Also Gamepress do a good job of detailing everything: https://gamepress.gg/pokemongo/pvp-fast-moves

 

What's your current team? I love this kind of stuff, definitely not the best! But put a lot of effort into Season 1 of the Silph tournament scene, so happy to help if I can :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, John0 said:

What's your current team? I love this kind of stuff, definitely not the best! But put a lot of effort into Season 1 of the Silph tournament scene, so happy to help if I can :)

 

Probably similar to most people's teams based one what I often encounter. Seem to have the best luck with this trio:

 

aIPBDPt.png

4ngTayg.png

05XHZeq.png

 

But also make use of the following quite often in rotation:

 

Spoiler

vsp5avP_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

qxoDsjr_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

arqTps5_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

OdPNj4y_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

RQorGPT_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

 

Need to give that Marill Snr Ice Beam at some point maybe. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the great league finishing tonight, I have been preparing (at great dust and rare candy expense) my ultra league team:

 

Screenshot_20200210-191213.thumb.jpg.31470fd74870a58834ecc9bf9e2e001d.jpgScreenshot_20200210-191208.thumb.jpg.e0ae3ec46063a7bab9c411a7b5163c3c.jpgScreenshot_20200210-191220.thumb.jpg.cd206acc031cd6df031d14c76828f068.jpg

 

I'll post my great league team in a minute

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great league team:

 

Screenshot_20200210-191134.thumb.jpg.dccfea4d959f6237aa6623bea2f2d950.jpgScreenshot_20200210-191147.thumb.jpg.e157132db3ad1f7a7e7c6ce7e0e8ab61.jpgScreenshot_20200210-191156.thumb.jpg.8768a441e435da7bfc30f768582dc20b.jpg

 

In that order. Once I got that team I won about 85% of my matches, including a 21 win streak. I ended up with figures of:

 

Screenshot_20200210-191529.thumb.jpg.047489173caf27ef8f0bbffa867f2be3.jpg

 

I put meganium in to the line-up due to the amount of azumaril, whiscash and swampert I was going up against. For a lot of the matches, altaria wasn't really needed. Meganium rips through anything water, crazy quick and can even do well against ice with good use of shields.

 

The only real counters were the opening fighting pokemon (especially toxicroak and medicham) against registeel, forcing me to swap out to meganium. I had one match against a charizard which was not fun with either regi or meganium.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like everyone knows what they're doing! :)

 

I ran Medicham (C / DP / IP), Haunter (SC / ShB / SP), Azu (B / PR / IB) as the Ice moves allowed me to come back from bad lead matches sometimes. But really started to struggle and switched it up to Deoxys-D (C, TB, RS), Melmetal (TS / FC / TB) and Altaria (DB / DP / SA). But even then struggled more than I wanted to. I think Superpower should have been on Melmetal to be honest, and would have allowed me to beat Registeel more often.

 

Finished hovering just above 3300 with something like 53 wins from 80. Ultra League has started about the same (5 wins from 10 but 1 draw), but going with Hariyama (C / DP / HS), Alolan Muk (S / DP / SW) and Giratina-Altered (SC / DC / AP) for now. Though not sure Hariyama really cuts it, and Charmers are a bit of a problem. But I can't really bring myself to spend 300 rare candy on Registeel :unsure:.

 

Just in case anyone doesn't know it, https://pvpoke.com is an amazing resource for battling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, John0 said:

Seems like everyone knows what they're doing! :)

 

I ran Medicham (C / DP / IP), Haunter (SC / ShB / SP), Azu (B / PR / IB) as the Ice moves allowed me to come back from bad lead matches sometimes. But really started to struggle and switched it up to Deoxys-D (C, TB, RS), Melmetal (TS / FC / TB) and Altaria (DB / DP / SA). But even then struggled more than I wanted to. I think Superpower should have been on Melmetal to be honest, and would have allowed me to beat Registeel more often.

 

Finished hovering just above 3300. Ultra League has started about the same, but going with Hariyama (C / DP / HS), Alolan Muk (S / DP / SW) and Giratina-Altered (SC / DC / AP) for now. Though not sure Hariyama really cuts it, and Charmers are a bit of a problem. But I can't really bring myself to spend 300 rare candy on Registeel :unsure:.

 

Just in case anyone doesn't know it, https://pvpoke.com is an amazing resource for battling.

 

I've built my teams using pvpoke, excellent resource. I'm going to struggle with ultra at first because I have no idea about matchups/what types pokemon are and what possible moves they have.

 

I know Snorlax is strong against the giratinas and at least ok against almost everything else apart from fighters. I know Lugia is my go to for fighting types and is probably my best against fire, water. Gliscor is good against psychics, due to night slash and good against grass and also decent vs fighting.

 

I really want to stick with gliscor and snorlax but have struggled to find a 3rd member. Hariyama is definitely an option but I'll see how lugia goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just looking at Breloom actually, because of all the Swamperts. Counter / Dynamic Punch / Seed Bomb. Giratina definitely defines a lot of the meta, but it's more fun and varied than I thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, John0 said:

I'm just looking at Breloom actually, because of all the Swamperts. Counter / Dynamic Punch / Seed Bomb. Giratina definitely defines a lot of the meta, but it's more fun and varied than I thought.

Yeah, I considered Breloom but pvpoke suggests that it is slightly weaker with my other 2 than lugia is. However, breloom would reduce the number of weaknesses that my team has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m only level 5 which probably accounts for this, but won 9 of 10 battles today mainly by using Giratina (altered form).  The others in my team were metagross which seemed to do ok again Giratina counters such as clefable, and a Latios for an unexpected random and risky double dragon affair.. 

I can see Giratina getting a balance at some point...

 

 Either way, happy with this for note as I only invested 4 power up’s of Giratina and already has the others. Still not convinced by PVP tbh, especially with the pay wall 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ultra League coming to a close.. how's everyone doing? I ended up with a team of Giratina-A, Feraligator and Venusaur. Really not a lot that beats Giratina in the lead match, so most of the time I just stay in even if it's a narrow loss, and people aren't usually running a clear Feraligator counter, so found it to be a safe-ish switch most of the time if I did really have to switch. Hovering just above 3300s.

 

Already spent over 500k dust on Master League and not even sure what team I'm going to run!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, John0 said:

Ultra League coming to a close.. how's everyone doing? I ended up with a team of Giratina-A, Feraligator and Venusaur. Really not a lot that beats Giratina in the lead match, so most of the time I just stay in even if it's a narrow loss, and people aren't usually running a clear Feraligator counter, so found it to be a safe-ish switch most of the time if I did really have to switch. Hovering just above 3300s.

 

Already spent over 500k dust on Master League and not even sure what team I'm going to run!

 

I've had a nightmare in Ultra, mainly due to the android 10 bug which skips attacks. Means that single turn fast attacks are massively ineffective. I only found this out after investing most of my available resources in pokemon with single turn attacks. A couple of days ago I switched to metagross, breloom and alakazam, for a laugh (not even the correct cp or movesets) and I've won about 70% with that team, leading with metagross.

 

Master should be a lot better, in theory, as I have a perfect, maxed, buddied Giratina (A), and a lot of other level 40 100/98 IV options to go with it. My 2nd account has a perfect mm metagross at 40, a perfect level 40 rock wrecker rhyperior and a 98 level 40 dragonite which actually makes a pretty strong team, in theory, for that account too.

 

Overall, I've dropped about 300 points during ultra, from about 2850 down to about 2550.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, BeeJay said:

I've had a nightmare in Ultra, mainly due to the android 10 bug which skips attacks. Means that single turn fast attacks are massively ineffective.

 

Yeah the Android 10 bug is super annoying. Not sure exactly how much it has affected my battles, but I had a Giratina mirror lead situation over the weekend where the opposing Giratina got to a second Dragon Claw before I had enough energy for my second. Sucks.

 

When you say single turn moves, any idea whether that means all the ones with 0 on this list? Or does that include the 1s as well? (list: https://gamepress.gg/pokemongo/pvp-fast-moves)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ran Venausar (first mon), Swampert and Clefable. Probably hovered somewhere around an average of 2.5 wins out of 5. Rank 8, 2832

 

149 wins out of 320 overall

 

I still don't really remember what's good/bad against flying, ground, poison, steel much of the time :lol:. Also I didn't know that using Perfect (or as close to it as possible) IVs isn't the way to go.

 

For Master I've got Dialga, Giritana Origin, Togekiss, Mamoswine ready to go....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perfect IVs isn't actually tooo bad these days, as the highest attack stat wins situations where you both go for Charge Moves at the same time. So even though your net stat product will be lower than ideal, you have an advantage in mirror matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, John0 said:

 

 

Yeah the Android 10 bug is super annoying. Not sure exactly how much it has affected my battles, but I had a Giratina mirror lead situation over the weekend where the opposing Giratina got to a second Dragon Claw before I had enough energy for my second. Sucks.

 

When you say single turn moves, any idea whether that means all the ones with 0 on this list? Or does that include the 1s as well?

 

The only moves that I've defintely seen it on consistently are the single turn moves:

 

MoveTypeDETDPTEPT

Bite

Bug Bite

Cut

Dragon Breath

Fury Cutter

Lick

Lock-On

Scratch

Tackle

Water Gun

 

The only 2 turn move that I've used a lot is bullet punch on metagross and I haven't noticed any consistent problems with it.

 

Unfortunately 2 of my prepared team of gliscor(fury cutter) and snorlax (lick) were 2 of the most affected pokemon, with Registeel being the worst affected. Hopefully it'll get patched because Dragon Breath will be a big impact for Dragon types as using dragon tail instead is quite a big drop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My worry is there just isn't really a good way to get visibility of these kinds of issues. All the 3rd party support teams Niantic employ are so useless. This one has been around for months now (albeit only really a problem in PvP, but I've noticed it in the game in general since I went onto Android 10 last year).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/02/2020 at 09:24, MikeBeaver said:

Is "KingExplosionMR" anyone on here? If so, we're about to go Best Friends when you open the gift I've sent, be a star and let me know before you do, if you can, I could really do with dropping an xp egg to double up, this grinf to lvl 40 is almost over :p

 

Thats me did we do this thing already?

 

I thought this topic had died off so i unfollowed it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BeeJay said:

The only moves that I've defintely seen it on consistently are the single turn moves:

 

MoveTypeDETDPTEPT

Bite

Bug Bite

Cut

Dragon Breath

Fury Cutter

Lick

Lock-On

Scratch

Tackle

Water Gun

 

The only 2 turn move that I've used a lot is bullet punch on metagross and I haven't noticed any consistent problems with it.

 

Realised I left the link off my last post :facepalm: https://gamepress.gg/pokemongo/pvp-fast-moves. So that's all the "0" turn moves from there? I swear I've had it on Shadow Claw, although really hard to tell obviously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, John0 said:

 

Realised I left the link off my last post :facepalm: https://gamepress.gg/pokemongo/pvp-fast-moves. So that's all the "0" turn moves from there? I swear I've had it on Shadow Claw, although really hard to tell obviously.

 

I'd say that it is entirely possible for it to occur on shadow claw, but much less likely than the 0 moves in your link. If you haven't tried the 0 moves out, give it a try on any old battle as it affects all aspects of battling within the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My go to team is: Togekiss, Metagross, Venusaur. The amount of times I come up against (and destroy) a team of Giratina, Swampert, Togekiss with this team has been great. 

 

Also recently been trying out Charizard, Venusar, Swampert/Giratina which has worked out alright. 

 

 

Apart from all the times I'm fucked by the weak connection  bullshit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still running Giratina, Lucario and Milotic.

 

With some quick swapping i can take a lot of things down. 

 

The whole extra shield and charged move ready on swap is some proper bullshit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is unplayable because of all the weak connection bullshit from  cheating cunts using that Airplane mode exploit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Azrael said:

This is unplayable because of all the weak connection bullshit from  cheating cunts using that Airplane mode exploit 

 

I just strike hard and fast try and get them before they get the chance to exploit. 

 

The most annoying thing they are doing now is the whole letting it lag out so you have to quit and if you do thats a loss for youre account. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/01/2020 at 13:29, Boothjan said:

 

Nice - thanks.

 

Mine is 1595 0243 6519 if anyone wants to add me.  I think my friends list currently consists of my son, my stepdaughter and several of my son's friends :lol:

 

I've sent you a request. I'm SporkDarkwind. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ooof, 1 and 4 for my first lot in Master League. 2 where I forgot that mamoswine didn't like water / that ryperior had Surf as a move and got mullerred and 2 that were a baw hair away from winning.

 

Got an ex-raid today, hopefully I'm not standing on the rain on my own

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.