rllmuk
rgraves

Pokemon Go

On 31/08/2019 at 08:53, MrPogo said:

Finally seen a Whismur :o :D  Except it turned into a Ditto :hmm:

I think we go Best friends in a seven days (kerumba) – let's keep an eye out and coordinate eggs :)

Also is Malevolent Panda still posting here? I'm guessing it's them... pogo name is Meurig Panda. We've gone lucky and I need to try and concoct a Lucky Trade plan.

I feel for the lack of shinies but I think Pokémon Go is a really interesting teaching tool for probabilities.

Sentret has a 1/450 shiny rate. This means:

* At 300 encounters your chance of seeing one is 48.7%

* At 450 it's 63.25%

* At 1000 it's 89.19%

Gligar was 1/150 so much better odds there.

But the takeway is that you need to encounter a lot more than the rate to get even close to near certain of seeing one. At 1000 encounters one in ten people won't have one.

This tool is great for seeing how unlucky you really are (if you know the shiny rate) https://p337.info/pokemongo/pages/shiny-chance-calculator/

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Stopharage said:

Walking 150k a week now

That's brilliant. Sadly, I'm not getting anything in besides getting up from my desk at work, so usually just about hit the 25km bonus each week. I'd love to be walking 150km.

Have popped a few 10km eggs, just the one Unown so far, one which looks like an A. My wife caught a random shiny Gligar, which seemed pretty lucky. Completely out of the blue, I found a shiny Ponyta for her the other day, too. 

Hey guys, been away a long time. What’s the deal with maki g friends around here; I think I’ve only got Murray as a mate from Rllmuk. 

Add me up, I’ve got enough gifts for everyone!

imaximon

3477 9761 2700

96D12630-EBC9-4697-8D09-AD49324DCE1A.png

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, GameplayJenny said:

I finally have Unown!

To balance things, I had a stupid moment immediately afterwards and deleted a shiny Alolan Vulpix. Go me!

Way back at the start I caught an Ivysaur after every super ball I had (there weren't even ultras yet).... and then immediately sold it for candy because I wasn't paying attention.

There followed a bloody minded 100km of walking with the next Bulba I caught. (and I think I might have had to wait for them to add buddies).

19 hours ago, thesnwmn said:

I feel for the lack of shinies but I think Pokémon Go is a really interesting teaching tool for probabilities.

Sentret has a 1/450 shiny rate. This means:

* At 300 encounters your chance of seeing one is 48.7%

* At 450 it's 63.25%

* At 1000 it's 89.19%

Gligar was 1/150 so much better odds there.

But the takeway is that you need to encounter a lot more than the rate to get even close to near certain of seeing one. At 1000 encounters one in ten people won't have one.

This tool is great for seeing how unlucky you really are (if you know the shiny rate) https://p337.info/pokemongo/pages/shiny-chance-calculator/

Stupid Shellder... why won't you appear!

After 741 encounters at 1 in 450  
The chance of not seeing a shiny is: 19.23%

After 741 encounters at 1 in 450  

The chance of seeing a shiny is: 80.77%

1,411 Rattata encounters, 1 shiny.

I got a Shiney Eevee from the quest reward and a 100 rated Bagon from an Egg.

The Deoxy bosses are hard too.

Anyone else notice the fucking freeloaders that just sit in the lobby when you do a Boss Battle? Had loads last night not taking part expecting the rest to do all the work. Took three attempts to get one down because we should of had 8-10 players but only 5 were appearing.

• Empathy 1

Is this where I come to ask for friends? Started it back up again after three years to fill out my pokedex in Let's Go and I forgot just how fun going for a walk and catching stuff is! Now I have all this research and it's telling me to make friends. My code is 6921 8959 5849, I have plenty of gifts to send apparently! There was only Gen 1 last time I played, and I only really know 1 and 2, so it's all a bit overwhelming to be honest but it's a lot of fun.

Side note, after Sword and Shield can we get a Let's Go for Gen 2? They're perfect for a terrible player like me ^_^

22 minutes ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

I *think* shinies can't run away unless you miss every throw. Imagine how furious you'd be :lol:

Correct for legendary shinies. Use a pinap

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Fneeb said:

Side note, after Sword and Shield can we get a Let's Go for Gen 2? They're perfect for a terrible player like me ^_^

I'm hoping they keep this going too.   I really enjoyed Let's Go, and the original Gen 2 games were great..

• Upvote 1

Thanks for being my friend folks :) There should be a warning on that research for idiots like myself. Caught a Dratini and instantly sent it off as I already had a Dragonite with better stats.. So of course now I need to evolve and take a photo of said Dratini... :facepalm: Also, assuming there aren’t enough people around my tiny-arse village to do a raid then i’m not getting a Mew-Two any time soon right?

On 21/09/2019 at 10:30, grindmouse said:

Gah need a Tauros and only two days of the 7km egg event left. :(

I have loads spare. Are we friends? Kerumba and Shirubagan — friend codes a page or two back. 

In other news...

E279882A-A10E-446A-87F7-0AD8738437FC.png

97D18BCC-6E96-4CAD-873F-7E1C9C6FCBC6.png

• Upvote 3

Anyone else noticed spawns have been reduced? I thought it was weird I wasn't seeing anywhere near as much spawn in as usual but I've just seen on reddit that the recent update has apparently either reduced the amount of spawns or spread them out more. I used to have around six  near my house but that seems to have been reduced down to 2 max.

41 minutes ago, Mafro said:

Anyone else noticed spawns have been reduced? I thought it was weird I wasn't seeing anywhere near as much spawn in as usual but I've just seen on reddit that the recent update has apparently either reduced the amount of spawns or spread them out more. I used to have around six  near my house but that seems to have been reduced down to 2 max.

A cursory glance of Reddit suggests some places are seeing reduced spawns, others are seeing increases. Looks like the reduced spawns are in urban areas, whereas rural areas are seeing more.