rllmuk
rgraves

Pokemon Go

Is there a way to figure out what they're going to use? They're all called Grunt for me, but I just paid attention to what he said for the first time. Something like "don't tangle with me", and I got 2x Bulbasaur and then a final Venusaur. It was close, but my 100% level 36 Charizard went through all 3 of them.

To an extent but not exactly

BUG – Go, my super bug Pokemon!

DARK – Wherever is a a light, there is also shadow.

DRAGON – ROAR! … How’d that sound?

ELETRIC – Get ready to be shocked!

FAIRY – Check out my cute Pokemon! 

FIGHTING – This buff physique isn’t just for show!

FIRE – Do you know how hot Pokemon fire breath can get?

FLYING – My bird Pokemon wants to battle with you!

GHOST – Ke…ke…ke…ke…ke…ke!

GRASS – Don’t tangle with us!

GROUND – You’ll be defeated into the ground!

ICE – You’re gonna be frozen in your tracks.

NORMAL – Normal doesn’t mean weak.

POISON – Coiled and ready to strike!

PSYCHIC – Are you scared of physics that use unseen power?

ROCK – Let’s rock and roll!

STEEL – You’re no match for my iron will!

WATER – These waters are treacherous!

• Upvote 1

Not shiny ones no, and I've clicked on a silly number of them. I didn't realize this Team Go Rocket thing ends soon. But disappointing, it made me go through all my Pokémon sorting out best attacking moves, etc. 

3 hours ago, mirodo said:

Does it? I thought it was a permanent thing. 

Ah, wires crossed, the Team GO Rocket has disrupted Pokémon Habitats news item says it ends Aug 1, but I think that's just the Ekans thing, reading it again. I assume the stops will be ongoing, then. 

Phew! 

4 hours ago, TehStu said:

Ah, wires crossed, the Team GO Rocket has disrupted Pokémon Habitats news item says it ends Aug 1, but I think that's just the Ekans thing, reading it again. I assume the stops will be ongoing, then. 

Phew! 

Correct

Is there likely to be a double XP event soon? I see there’s a Community Day Aug 3rd?

I have a ton of evolves and research waiting to trigger with a lucky egg. If there’s a double XP event incoming I’ll wait until then.

8 minutes ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

Not for a few weeks anyway, community day is 1/4 hatch distance and then the Yokohama event rewards (up to 20/08/19) are all for more stardust rather than XP.

Ah cool I’ll just drop the egg now then. Thanks. Just getting back into the game after a year break. 

I usually get really into it for a few weeks and then uninstall until the following summer.

I put a Machamp on a Pokestop in Crete a week ago, and it's still there! What a waste, as it will only bring back 50 coins.

The Team Rocket pokestops are a great idea, but surprisingly hard. I tried one, took out the Golbat, but then all 3 of my team got one-shot by the Bulbasaur he pulled out 2nd. What the hell? And I've got to beat 10 of these things? I'm at 2/10 at the moment, but unless the pub across the road gets taken over I can't see myself completing this event at all.

19 minutes ago, CheekyLee said:

I put a Machamp on a Pokestop in Crete a week ago, and it's still there! What a waste, as it will only bring back 50 coins.

The Team Rocket pokestops are a great idea, but surprisingly hard. I tried one, took out the Golbat, but then all 3 of my team got one-shot by the Bulbasaur he pulled out 2nd. What the hell? And I've got to beat 10 of these things? I'm at 2/10 at the moment, but unless the pub across the road gets taken over I can't see myself completing this event at all.

No one tell him it's 1000 of them for a gold medal...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CheekyLee said:

you definitely need to pick the 'right' type mons with the right moves to win these Team Rocket things. For the poison one you want to use psychic. Break out those mewtwos :lol: 

4 hours ago, thesnwmn said:

I find smackdown tyranitar is the star for most of it. Lots of flying things.

Did you prepare a SD tyranitar at the right cp or just happen to have one?

Anyone else affected by this Google Fit issue? I can't walk my son's eggs because it's not registering steps. Phone used to work fine, it's my old one. I've tried turning adventure sync on and off, too. 

2 hours ago, BeeJay said:

Did you prepare a SD tyranitar at the right cp or just happen to have one?

How do you mean? It can be any CP, my top is level 40.

If you're seeing a cap on CP then it's because you have PvP teams setup under the master league. Either delete all your PvP teams or add a master (top) league one.

In case it's not clear, it's just a rubbish bug that it limits you to the CP of your max PvP team.

8 hours ago, thesnwmn said:

How do you mean? It can be any CP, my top is level 40.

If you're seeing a cap on CP then it's because you have PvP teams setup under the master league. Either delete all your PvP teams or add a master (top) league one.

In case it's not clear, it's just a rubbish bug that it limits you to the CP of your max PvP team.

Ah, ok, cheers. I just assumed that the 1500cp was the cap. I've managed to beat most of the battles with that cp cap. I might stay at that cp cap anyway, as any higher and the battles will be stupidly easy.

Wait, so if you battle with lower cp Pokémon it scales down the Team Rocket Pokémon to match? I assumed what I got was down to my trainer level.

30 minutes ago, TehStu said:

Wait, so if you battle with lower cp Pokémon it scales down the Team Rocket Pokémon to match? I assumed what I got was down to my trainer level.

I'm not sure but I've been able to win against team rocket with <1500 cp teams.

Just now, BeeJay said:

I'm not sure but I've been able to win against team rocket with <1500 cp teams.

Interesting, I'll try that. I keep missing the local one, could do with a "Team Rocket are nearby!" type notification.

I've only ever tried with my strongest pokemon, which are all max cp for level 36. I may get a 2k at first, but it quickly goes 5k and then 8k for the final one. It's always a slog.

Hatched this beast from a 5km Egg!

E5CE612E-F1B8-4398-87C8-295BC537405D.jpeg

Also been trying to hit all the TR stops I can, had a couple of Snorlax’s to rescue after a few of them but can’t seem to catch the bigger! He looks immense all purple flamey and red eyed!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TehStu said:

It doesn't scale. Well typed Pokémon will do okay but I think you'll struggle if you meet the Snorlax teams

I think it does scale, my other half is a couple of levels below me and the Venusaur she had wasn't quite 8k. So perhaps not by Pokémon you choose, but by your trainer level. 

I'll know for sure next time one spawns, I've got my son's phone with me and he's only level 26. 

Edit - just trying to figure out the discrepancy between how easy and how difficult some are finding this. But it looks like at higher levels you need good Pokémon and just the right type.