IGNORED

Pokemon Go

rgraves

Do you get anything from battling? Or is it only if you manage to hold a gym for 24 hours? Because all the gyms around work are changing hands constantly. Seems it would be pretty impossible to hold one in a major city for 24 hours.

13 minutes ago, John0 said:

Do you get anything from battling? Or is it only if you manage to hold a gym for 24 hours? Because all the gyms around work are changing hands constantly. Seems it would be pretty impossible to hold one in a major city for 24 hours.

Hold a gym for 24 hours, and you get 500 Stardust and 10 Pokecoins. I assume this is per Pokemon, per day, because I only had the 1 in a gym so far and it got beat literally in its final minute before claiming the day 2 reward!

There are trainers around me with Pokemon in each of multiple gyms, but hardly any of them are staying one colour for any length of time. Wilmslow is in the midst of a virtual turf war between Instinct and Mystic, and it is going to take some considerable effort for any team to get the foothold we both so obviously want. 

So no experience or anything from the actual battles? Shame. I really don't see me ever holding a gym for very long in South London, I guess this is where working with your teammates to build up a really high gym level comes into play.

The AR only comes into play on catching them (and gym battles I think) and it is just an aesthetic feature. It actually makes the business of cathcing them a bit more difficult as you have to hold your phone in position whereas without AR you can move your phone any way you want.

20 minutes ago, deKay said:

How do you battle? There's no option I can see!

You can only battle in gyms. If the gym is a different team to yours, you need to beat all the Pokemon in it to drop its level and ultimately capture it. If it is the same colour, you need to beat one of the Pokemon in it to give it some prestige points to allow it to level up. Higher levels open up more spots, and you can then deposit one of your own Pokemon to help guard it and earn you the Pokecoins!

Is there anyone else having problems with using the pokemon website to log in?

I didnt want to use Google, as there were worries about personal details being shared, but now i cant access the game as the pokemone website cannot send me an activation e-mail. 

Its pissing me off that im pissed off that i cant play a pokemon game at the age of 32 !!!

Was trying to take over a gym by myself just now cause there was only one guy in it, albeit with a strong Pokémon. Almost got him too, but the battle stopped and it said my time ran out??? I mean I was constantly battling and not sitting around, I didn't know that was possible, and it's kind of annoying.

I can't even login now, just get an error, can't click any buttons like Retry or try other account etc :(

I'm at a cricket game, now I might have to actually watch some of it! :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Theholyhogg said:

Never knew if you spin the ball it also increases the chance of catching a pokemon just rotate the ball around in a circle and it should start glowing and it will curve when you throw it

Your welcome 

Screenshot_2016-07-15-16-49-45.png

Thanks it's much harder to throw the ball though.

Re battles, I was under the impression from the advert that other people could battle you as you wander around and this played out in ar, also that there are crowd sourced type battles eg they show mewto in time square being taken on by a crowd of players

Hope not to come across snarky, I'm checking my understanding as someone who played for  5 mins without ar working and hasn't tried again yet