At the tail end of last year I started to get fixated on finishing the non-legendary raids gold medal. Started doing a fair few and over the festive period it got a bit out of hand. I finally finished it last weekend, with 66 raids over the two days.

Screenshot_20190106-123948.thumb.png.bca1fa2011b4c96aeb69c6e410582800.png

Screenshot_20190106-172641.thumb.png.ceb6af5ff3fb7c13da08e3378d23370b.png

7 minutes ago, Starbreaker said:

66! :lol: Fucking hell, that's dedication. Did you spend any irl money? 

I'm now up to Shinx 62 and still no shiny :(

I’ve go over 2000 legendary raids too so yes, I’ve sent real money. And a fair bit of real money. I imagine it averages out to something like £50-100 a month since legendary raids were released. Not something I’m particularly proud of and hard to really justify but made so many new friends playing it and save easily that on beer and other games.

And for bad shiny raid luck... I’m at 98 shiny! Finally got a mawile the other day... on my 83rd attempt.

On 11/12/2018 at 22:26, MrPogo said:

Yeah. I just need a Cubone to get onto the final stage, but getting past that any time soon looks to be a no-goer. I was stuck on the "Battle In Ten Raids" bit for about three weeks because I see them so rarely out in the sticks, and that put me way behind schedule!

Day 34: Still no sighting. Does the beast really exist? I’m starting to doubt it. But I yearn to believe the rumours.

1 hour ago, MrPogo said:

Day 34: Still no sighting. Does the beast really exist? I’m starting to doubt it. But I yearn to believe the rumours.

Current Research Task - 'Use 5 Razz berries to help catch Pokémon' gives a Cubone. Although this may change tonight at 9.00pm when the Hoenn event kicks in.

2 hours ago, Tetmon said:

I believe Alolan Marowaks are still in 4 star, yellow egg raids if that helps.

I feel you. Still yearning for an Aerodactyl.

I got lucky on a research task i'm currently looking for 2 x Omanyte or Kabuto & 2 x Lileep or Anorith.

So annoying i wish i had really pushed to get it done while the event was on but one of the challenges i was just stuck on for ages. 

Stuck on a couple of things at the moment.

I need to catch a Ditto for two of my professor research story(?) lines and just can't seem to get one. I've looked it up and am catching the types it imitates but it just doesn't seem to be dropping and it's all quite frustrating tbh. Particularly as I've caught at least two before i needed to, doh!

Also stuck, sort of, trying to catch grass type Pokemon for one of my daily research's. I need to evolve a grass type but i don't seem to get many round my way. I get hybrid types (grass/poison) but these don't count as I've evolved a couple and its not counted them.

I think you have to evolve an evolved grass type, so Ivysaur into Venusaur, Bayleef into Meganium or something similar. Bulbasaur is currently available in the Win a Gym Battle or Power Up a Pokemon 5 Times tasks (as well as the other 2 starters so it's a 1 in 3 chance). There should also be Seedots and Treekos around with the current event.

Dittos are just luck :(