Can someone tell me where I went wrong on Celebi 5/8, please?

For 4/8, I walked the Eevee it gave me 10km, then immediately evolved it for Espeon because it was day time.

For Umbreon, I had a better Eevee so walked that one 10km, but it wasn't nighttime at that point so I switched to a good Feebas I just hatched. The next day, I remembered I was supposed to evolve it, so waited for night (checked for moon icon, top right) and got Jolteon. It was definitely the right one, I renamed it so I wouldn't forget. I evolved a couple of others to check, got 2 Vaporeon.

Even though I've done the walk for 2 candy bit, should I start over with another Eevee, walking for 10km, and then without changing buddy evolve the first night? I'm running out of high IV Eevee so want to try and get this next one right.

1 hour ago, TehStu said:

Can someone tell me where I went wrong on Celebi 5/8, please?

For 4/8, I walked the Eevee it gave me 10km, then immediately evolved it for Espeon because it was day time.

For Umbreon, I had a better Eevee so walked that one 10km, but it wasn't nighttime at that point so I switched to a good Feebas I just hatched. The next day, I remembered I was supposed to evolve it, so waited for night (checked for moon icon, top right) and got Jolteon. It was definitely the right one, I renamed it so I wouldn't forget. I evolved a couple of others to check, got 2 Vaporeon.

Even though I've done the walk for 2 candy bit, should I start over with another Eevee, walking for 10km, and then without changing buddy evolve the first night? I'm running out of high IV Eevee so want to try and get this next one right.

I'm pretty sure the Eevee needs to be set as your walking buddy when you do the evolution.

(So if you'd put the 10km walked Eevee back as your buddy first before evolving I think that would've worked)

2 hours ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

The username should’ve given it away... sorry.

Do we both need to do a lucky egg at the same time?

Not technically but it’s easiest if both are in game at the same time, egg, and then one opens a gift.

You can have one person egg, open a gift to get alll the XP. The other can (if their fast) later open the game, go into items and egg immediately before the friend notification pops up. Same is true after a raid if you can get an egg on quickly enough after catching,

3 hours ago, DJK44 said:

I'm pretty sure the Eevee needs to be set as your walking buddy when you do the evolution.

(So if you'd put the 10km walked Eevee back as your buddy first before evolving I think that would've worked)

Correct. You can remove it from being your buddy but when you do the evolve it must be your buddy again. Also note that it’s actually (although not said) “earn two candy with eevee as your buddy”. So walking it 1km and switching it out 10 times will show it has walked 10km but will not work.

I don’t know how reduced buddy distance events impact that.

Sorry, I missed you! But I think you did it anyway, so I hope it worked OK.

What a morning. I never have much luck on Community Days, if I can do them at all, but there were SO MANY out there that I ended up with three shinies (one I fully evolved - it wasn't great but hey, shiny special move Metagross!), two more that were worth fully evolving and enough candy to evolve them with, a further one I managed to get to the first evolution, and goodness knows how much else. And played with three cats.

I am now officially knackered, starving, parched, and probably not far off being arrested for wandering around my local estate so much.

5 shinys for me but none a good enough IV for me to bother evolving. 3 best ones I got that I have evolved were only 91, 89 and 87. 

Despite the shite weather and not feeling my best it was still good fun and a lot of people made it out still too despite the rain. 

Hatched at least 8 10k eggs and a lot of 5k/2k ones but all shite. :hmm: