rllmuk
rgraves

Pokemon Go

Here's a tip to gaining crazy amounts of XP in a couple of simple steps (I did this last night and got over 30,000 XP in one go):

- Save up 7 or 8 Pokemon for evolving but don't evolve yet

- Buy as many Egg incubators from the store as you can (go on, support the devs for this amazing game)

- Incubate all your eggs at the same time until they're very close to hatching (like 1.8kms or 4.8kms)

- Find an area which has like 3 or 4 Pokestops in close proximity to each other

- Place a lure on all of the Pokestops

- Activate incense to attract Pokemon

- Activate lucky egg for double XP

- Walk around in circles between all Pokestops so that your eggs get done, collecting all Pokemon on the way

- Eventually hatch all the eggs you can

- Evolve all Pokemon including crappy ones like Pidgeys and Rattatas for that double XP

- Jump up a few levels (I'm on 16 now)

• Upvote 6

Can you only incubate one egg at a time? I've one incubating but when I try to incubate a second tapping the incubator does nothing.

Yep. Although there's what looks like and infinity symbol you only have the one, and when you free it up again you'll see it was previously slightly greyed out!

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Van said:

Yeah, one at a time unless you buy another incubator.

But it says I have infinite incubators.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, MrPogo said:

Yep. Although there's what looks like and infinity symbol you only have the one, and when you free it up again you'll see it was previously slightly greyed out!

Ah, right.

Had no issues with the game yesterday afternoon on my walk to work when I guess most were at work or school so the servers were fine.

Tried after work last night and this morning on my walk today work and the GPS wouldn't update properly meaning I had to load it at known pokestops to get items.

I'm using a moto g2 from 2 years ago, it's quite slow loading and AR makes it kill my phone, so I turned it off and it's fine.

They just need to add a shit load more servers before these issues kill the user base.

59 minutes ago, metallicfrodo said:

Has anyone got this running on an iPhone 4s? Just continually crashes when trying to load on mine.

Initially there were reports of it working, although extremely badly, crashing etc. However, it's not on the list of supported devices I saw recently, apparently on iOS it's 5 and up.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, gizmo1990 said:

Initially there were reports of it working, although extremely badly, crashing etc. However, it's not on the list of supported devices I saw recently, apparently on iOS it's 5 and up.

Okay, thanks I'll give up trying then.

2 hours ago, superstarbeejay said:

The pokestops refresh pretty quick then. I have been sat having breakfast by one and have had 4 refreshes while u have been sat here (about 30 mins). Are they all on a 10 refresh or something?

3-4mins.

sigh.  My kid had me walking to the nearest pokestop or whatever it's called yesterday.  I was too old for pokemon the first time.  I'm not entirely sure what the big fuss is, but here we are with it installed on my phone and my kid scanning stuff and throwing a pokeball at pokemon.  Contemplating just getting him his own phone.  It's probably his ulterior motive.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, revlob said:

Has this been corroborated anywhere? Some of the above is true, I find Caterpies, Weedles, and Digletts at the park up the hill, but I have some doubts about just how much PGO knows about your surroundings. Yes, the geographic data it uses contains information about roads, waterways, woods and parkland, but I've yet to see anything to suggest knowledge about individual building types, or what the current weather in your area is.

I saw it on Twitter from a page called 'Pokemon Go' (@Gottacatchemall)

it's not from the official site so it may not be true. It's not the first time i saw it though

So many eggs from farming WorkStop (as i've now christened it)

I need more incubators...and to go for a walk

I think I'm right in saying that (quick maths)

If I buy an £14.99 IAP = 2500 coins = 166 coins to the £1

Get 8 Lures for 680 coins = each lure = 85 coins = approx 50p

Sell 8 lures to people in the street for £2 each = £16

= 1820 coins profit

YEAH!!

10 minutes ago, John0 said:

That feeling when you're sat at your desk and the horizon is a firework display of pink Lure Modules.

I had that yesterday evening whilst going to bed. The two pokestops down the road had lures pouring out, I looked at the Mrs, then looked at my phone, pressed the lock button & went to bed.

She muttered 'pokemon' in disgust.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Noob question - whats a lucky egg?

An egg that gives you double xp

• Upvote 1

How do you get one/know you've got one/use it....

Keep it simple. As if explaining to a slow, but lovable, child.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Hexx said:

How do you get one/know you've gone one/use it....

Keep it simple. As if explaining to a slow, but lovable, child.

Check your items if you have one, once activated it will give you double xp for 30 mins.

You can buy it from the shop for 80 coins, sometimes if you are lucky you will get them from a pokestop..

• Upvote 1

Ha, had the same thing at work the other day, looked at the map and there were 3-4 lures nearby, of course not on my work-pokestop, hmpf.

• Upvote 1

Had to rush out of work when I was notified of an Eevee outside the building next door. Gonna have to stop doing that.

Annoyingly, I don't think it's properly tracking distances walked so my first incubated egg is incubating super slowly. I've never had to restart an app so often. I'm really enjoying it but I also hope they do some updates soon.