rllmuk
rgraves

Pokemon Go

55 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

Is it me, or are Revives and Potions from Pokestops very rare now? I'm pretty much out :( 

Aye, can be shit when needing to stock up. Best way to get them is from doing raids and quests 

5 hours ago, thesnowman said:

The notifications are a nice improvement. But I don't need them for friend activity. With 185 friends every time I open the game theres 10+ for it to go through. And it obscures so much seeing far away gyms is trickier.

When I first open the game I immediately check the News section to check the notifications, pretty sure doing that stops them from popping up when I back out of it. 

14 hours ago, humdrum said:

where about in London? if it gets bad I am in London on Tuesdays for work, can always look a meeting for a trade if needed. 

Thank you for offer; if my awkward social skills fail me I may we’ll take you up on your offer

8 hours ago, DNStuff said:

Thank you for offer; if my awkward social skills fail me I may we’ll take you up on your offer

With this game i wonder if it's your awkward social skills or this weird almost elitist attitude that people that play this game seem to have developed in the last couple of months. 

I have had some right fucking awkward encounters over the last couple of weeks, stem of it seems to be that i am not level 40 already or the fact that i am Team Yellow not Team Jacob or Team Edward like the rest of them. 

Both my home towns have this same kind of player.

The other day at the local park i used to work at there was a three star raid going on, there was a reasonable gathering of people mainly a lot of Mums and Dads with kids. We all gathered together and did the whole Hello thing everyone seemed quite chill (No pedo comments like before but that's a story for another day) then a group of people from one of my raid groups came by after doing the five star raid nearby.

We did the whole "are you in?" conversation, which we weren't and then out of the mouth of one of the girls was "oh by the way we don't play with kids or noobs".

I laughed thinking that was a joke aimed at the more clued up of us but no turns out they stick there party on private and plowed on and left. 

I went through it with the kids all of which seemed to have a great time, i then spent about half an hour with a few of the kids and their parents showing them how to throw curve and how to use incense and lures etc. I ended up with over a dozen friend requests and feeling pretty jaded by what the game has become but happy that kids are playing it and trying to get into the mechanics of it even at a younger age. 

Sorry for the long rant its a big issue with me at the moment i cant quite grasp. 

There's certainly weird hostility from a few people that play this game, even a bunch of people I raid with. Personally I like chatting to and raiding with everyone I meet, you're all doing the same thing innit? 

Thing is, to a certain extent Niantic have shot themselves in the foot with Tier 5s and Ex raids just mechanically. I'll admit to short manning a Mewtwo raid with three friends in a private group whilst there were other people there (there were about 6-7 others) because we didn't have gym control and none of the rest were Instinct. If we all piled in together, we'd have no damage bonus, hence no extra balls. On an ex raid, you're looking at going from 11 balls to 8. In my mind, that's taking from "Will almost certainly get" to "very real chance I won't get". 

As for the kids/noobs thing, again it sounds harsh but it can lead to wasted raid passes and for people that play a lot that normally means wasted premium passes. The other day the missus and I were in the park and there were four people standing at a gym with a Ho on it. They saw us playing and asked if we wanted to help out. Course we did! But once we'd both bought a pass and got into the lobby, we saw that there were two level 11s and only one of them was over level 20. We didn't even get it half way down, they all had a "ah well live and learn eh!" moment and went off laughing, and I was there 79p down. 

I think both of these things have led to the minority of people who think of the game as a soft PvP and that it's "us versus them" having a platform to stand on. 

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Hexx said:

My Gotcha fell out of it's band last night :(

Did you loose it, or is the band broken?

It's a Xioami Band 1S so, if you just need a band, you can pick them up on eBay for about a quite, and you can have a nice plain black one (or other colours) rather than the slightly garish original band.

1 hour ago, The Eagle Lord said:

Sorry for the long rant its a big issue with me at the moment i cant quite grasp. 

The game has certainly moved away from mainly casuals, to mainly more hardcore players.  If you have a small raid group, it works well, the larger raid groups seem to get worse though.  As a multi accounter (boo, hiss etc) I am ruled out of the larger group who now play by the rules (except for using IV checkers of course) and exclude people who don't, and look down their noses at people who play more casually, or are kids, or don't instantly know how to do something, or type advantages etc.  Strange that 18 months ago they were all welcoming and accepting...

14 minutes ago, Starbreaker said:

There's certainly weird hostility from a few people that play this game, even a bunch of people I raid with. Personally I like chatting to and raiding with everyone I meet, you're all doing the same thing innit? 

Thing is, to a certain extent Niantic have shot themselves in the foot with Tier 5s and Ex raids just mechanically. I'll admit to short manning a Mewtwo raid with three friends in a private group whilst there were other people there (there were about 6-7 others) because we didn't have gym control and none of the rest were Instinct. If we all piled in together, we'd have no damage bonus, hence no extra balls. On an ex raid, you're looking at going from 11 balls to 8. In my mind, that's taking from "Will almost certainly get" to "very real chance I won't get". 

As for the kids/noobs thing, again it sounds harsh but it can lead to wasted raid passes and for people that play a lot that normally means wasted premium passes. The other day the missus and I were in the park and there were four people standing at a gym with a Ho on it. They saw us playing and asked if we wanted to help out. Course we did! But once we'd both bought a pass and got into the lobby, we saw that there were two level 11s and only one of them was over level 20. We didn't even get it half way down, they all had a "ah well live and learn eh!" moment and went off laughing, and I was there 79p down. 

I think both of these things have led to the minority of people who think of the game as a soft PvP and that it's "us versus them" having a platform to stand on. 

Sounds a bit like going full circle to the awkward social skills thing again.  "What level are you?" seems a sensible starting point...

I'm naturally an introvert, I avoid social situations as much as I possibly can.  I still ended up more or less leading a group of players around on Zapdos day, organising the raids and making sure everyone was in, keeping an eye on who was leaving as we were into premium passes, and ensuring the group could do the raid / talking to other groups to adjust our route / next raid to ensure we were all headed the same way etc.  I have leadership skills, but socially, I suck (with folk I don't know) so found this quite mentally draining.  I also felt I had to avoid the few well known elitist players who would moan, and potentially report, my 2 phones.  2 of them ended up in my raids by the end of the day as numbers dwindled.  They are happy to play with me when they need help, but not the other way around.

And fundamentally, that's the problem.  The elitist players make up the rules as they go along.

Not playing with kids or n00bs incase they fail a raid?

Surely they are the n00bs for not asking about levels / strength of Pokemon before entering the raid.

Don't have enough folk for the raid, they'll happily gate crash another group - basically they choose when they raid with others - e.g when it benefits them.

I, personally, would rather help other folk out than immediately exclude them because they are asking questions, or low level, or young, or whatever.

In fact, part of what pushed me to a 2nd account in the first place was this reaction with other people. I don't really enjoy the social aspect, but I feel compelled to do what I can to help others enjoy the game, and do things they can't do alone.  If I raid solo, I use public lobbies.  If another player comes past, I ask if they want to join, even though my brain tells me to avoid other people like the plague.  On community days, I walk past people who used to raid with me, people I have been nothing but nice to, and I say hi, and get blanked.  Mental. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Flams said:

Is anyone here BillEBrown? About to become ultra friends so wanted to coordinate!

Hey, that’s me! When’s good for you? I’m about all day so happy to work around you. 

1 hour ago, Billy Brown said:

Hey, that’s me! When’s good for you? I’m about all day so happy to work around you. 

Aha! I can do any time really as I'm at home today. Would 13:30 work?

Having never raided with ANYONE ( only raids I've done have been solong,, with varying success ) I'd quite happilly raid with lower lever peeps, noobs or in fact anyone at all :(

I've got the collection opf premium raid passes due to buying ultra boxes for incubators, but they hardly ever get used, and now at level 7 on the Mew path, I need to start a raid every time I can, even if I know I'll lose.

16 hours ago, DNStuff said:

[Moltres Day]

Just been thinking about this.  Moltres was one of the easier legendary i think, that it was potentially possible to even duo from what I remember (likely with L40 / maxed Pokemon)

We also didn't have Smack Down TTAR back then, so it's potentially easier now if you have any, plus friends bonus.

I'll probably end up looking for a bigger group like Zapdos day, but it'd be pretty cool to do with 3, just need to figure out the break points etc. I guess, and hope I have decent 'mons.

I can probably scrape together 1 good team of 6 Pokemon, 2 might be a struggle though :(

Wishing now I'd evolved more Smack Down Ttars!

25 minutes ago, Billy Brown said:

Very strange! I have had this happen with an Ultra Friend from rllmuk before but am no closer to understandable no why. Try again tomorrow, I guess!

Any time you would prefer?

33 minutes ago, Billy Brown said:

If you’re up late I’m happy to do just after midnight. If not, any time tomorrow is fine with enough warning. 

I seriously doubt I'll still be standing, also wouldn't be surprised if I fell asleep and I missed it if I agreed. 10am work for you?

2 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

Having never raided with ANYONE ( only raids I've done have been solong,, with varying success ) I'd quite happilly raid with lower lever peeps, noobs or in fact anyone at all :(

I've got the collection opf premium raid passes due to buying ultra boxes for incubators, but they hardly ever get used, and now at level 7 on the Mew path, I need to start a raid every time I can, even if I know I'll lose.

Throw your free daily raid pass in, quit raid. You can do that 10 raids for Mew 7/8 without raiding. I noticed it by accident, but it only works once per day. Not sure if it's a bug.

Sounds like the specific mechanics of raiding has elicited the MMO raiding mentality, where it's all Serious Business(tm). Enjoy your virtual bullshit, kids.

• Upvote 1

I'm one if the most socially awkward guys around but the community aspect if Pokemon Go is what I love so much. Fortunately there's not been any bellends around here locally so never have issues. Last few Community days I've approached new people and got them integrated into the local raid group. We're always happy for new players to join in and do what we can to help them level up etc. 

The dickhead players seem to operate in the two closest large towns to the one I play in. One of them has a Raid Group chat but the admins aren't very inviting, if you're not active for a certain amount of days you get kicked and they've set an arbitrary limit on how many players are allowed in the group at one time. From speaking to those in my group who have been allowed to join the other group during raids they've said there's no chatter between that group with new players or outsiders. 

The other town is even worse. They have set up their own gym timetable rules. Like Blues are allowed in them between certain hours etc if you don't respect the rules they seem to have a vendetta against you. One guy in my raid group had broken their rules and since then they've made a point of kicking him from any gyms they see him in as soon as they can. Even going as far as driving out to the small town he stays in late at night to take it.