Jump to content
rllmuk
rgraves

Pokemon Go

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, Tetmon said:

I guess not that much.

Do we both have to do it at the same time for max XP?

 

 

You have to have a lucky egg on at the time the notification appears on your screen giving you the XP reward.  I'm not sure (can anybody on here confirm?) whether you'll be able to open the app up in the morning and quickly put on an egg before the notification appears? I guess when I open the gift their servers will send you the notification.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Add 3 new friends on Celebi 2/8 is stupid. I get where they're coming from, they're using the special quests as a structured way to learn the game. However, if you've got to this stage, you've done at last Mew 3/8 so probably have a reasonable grasp (unless completely new). Also, I've literally added everyone I personally know (i.e., people I'm OK sharing location data with) already, so why do I need to add 3 more to the 11 people I already have? It should have calculated it retrospectively and just given me the reward for it. Also, my kids have only added my wife and I, because I don't want their location data going anywhere (I know people who refrain from friends entirely, because kids play their main account), and so I think I'll have to make 3 BS accounts purely for the purposes of passing this quest as we each get there.

 

Poor design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with you completely but worth knowing you can remove and re-add the same people and they counts. No friendship is lost. Note: they cannot re-add you, the remover must re-add.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love that they're finally teaching the game through it rather than having to read outside sources but it's frustrating given that most people know this (and those that don't have generally been told but forgot and will forget again).

 

It'll be great the day they manage to introduce quests that teach mechanics day and date with the mechanics. Not a month, or a year, later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Onze said:

You have to have a lucky egg on at the time the notification appears on your screen giving you the XP reward.  I'm not sure (can anybody on here confirm?) whether you'll be able to open the app up in the morning and quickly put on an egg before the notification appears? I guess when I open the gift their servers will send you the notification.

 

Someone I know said they managed to quickly activate a Lucky Egg when they logged in after the other person had opened the gift to get the double XP so maybe. Or they were lying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, thesnowman said:

I agree with you completely but worth knowing you can remove and re-add the same people and they counts. No friendship is lost. Note: they cannot re-add you, the remover must re-add.

Oh, I can sit there removing and re-adding my kids to get mine, without affecting our modest friendship level? Perfect, ta!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Azrael said:

 

Someone I know said they managed to quickly activate a Lucky Egg when they logged in after the other person had opened the gift to get the double XP so maybe. Or they were lying. 

 

This works. I’ve lucky egged after logging in knowing a friend had opened a gift earlier in the day to make us ultra friends. I have also egged after a raid (after catching) in which I gained a level and get the XP.

 

The XP is credited when you see the notification. So if you get into the items menu before you see it then you can egg it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/08/2018 at 08:27, Onze said:

@Billy Brown

We're due to get to ultra friends if you send me a gift or vice versa. If you can please send me a gift I've schedule a few people on my list to open tomorrow evening (Thursday) @ 7.00pm so we can all have a lucky egg on, is that good for you?

 

 

Yes, absolutely. I've just sent a gift and will get my lucky egg on in time for 7pm this evening.

 

@Marvellous Chester We're in the same boat - I'll open your gift tonight just after 7pm to take us to Ultra Friends if that's okay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, thesnowman said:

 

This works. I’ve lucky egged after logging in knowing a friend had opened a gift earlier in the day to make us ultra friends. I have also egged after a raid (after catching) in which I gained a level and get the XP.

 

The XP is credited when you see the notification. So if you get into the items menu before you see it then you can egg it.

@Tetmon

 

I'll do your gift at 7.00pm. BST.  So I guess as soon as you first open the app after that time quickly go to put a lucky egg on.  Please let me know if that's cool for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Onze said:

@Tetmon

 

I'll do your gift at 7.00pm. BST.  So I guess as soon as you first open the app after that time quickly go to put a lucky egg on.  Please let me know if that's cool for you.

大丈夫です!

That's good for me 

I'll be sure to get my lucky egg on as soon as I wake up for breakfast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having trouble signing in, on wifi or 4g. I've tried quitting the app fully, too. Basically, when I load the app it shows a very zoomed in version of my trainer with a blue floor under me, and the spinning icon showing it's trying to phone home.

 

Anyone else seen this? Phone reboot needed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Exidor said:

I've seen a couple of people with that in the last few days. Uninstall and reinstall fixes it, apparently.

Good shout. A reboot didn't fix it, so I cleared its data from android settings (similar to reinstalling, I guess) and now it works fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The amount of times I fucked up my streak when trying to do a "4 Great Curveballs in a row" quest today was infuriating. :lol::mad: 

 

Nearly launched my phone when that cunt Mr Mime decided to surprise me with a wee jump ending my streak at the last hurdle. 

  • Empathy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Azrael said:

The amount of times I fucked up my streak when trying to do a "4 Great Curveballs in a row" quest today was infuriating. :lol::mad: 

 

Nearly launched my phone when that cunt Mr Mime decided to surprise me with a wee jump ending my streak at the last hurdle. 

 

Don't even. For a fucking millitank and all! 

 

I'm on nights at the moment and finish at 6am. There was a raid on up the street at half seven for a sunkern(no shiny natch). Of the eleven stops, ten (TEN!) were to catch three sunkern. The other was to evolve three sunkern or natu. And they're all for fucking evolution rewards I've had hoarded for months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, humdrum said:

Who is pzilla73? As we are one day away from ultra friends so might be good to arrange a time to lucky egg

 

That'll be me. Just go ahead and open whenever, I'm not to worried about the xp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Starbreaker said:

 

Don't even. For a fucking millitank and all! 

 

I'm on nights at the moment and finish at 6am. There was a raid on up the street at half seven for a sunkern(no shiny natch). Of the eleven stops, ten (TEN!) were to catch three sunkern. The other was to evolve three sunkern or natu. And they're all for fucking evolution rewards I've had hoarded for months. 

 

Aye, got it in the end and it wasn't even good IV. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, MalevolentPanda said:

Added a few people from the spreadsheet as I need the three more friends quest. I'm MeurigPanda.

 

EDIT: And if anyone wants to add me, it's 4987 0425 0379.

 

Long time lurker forced out of the shadows to find three friends, I'm PaddysWhack 4228 1339 8690

 

Id there a spreadsheet of trainer codes?... Where would I find that?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.